Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halffull

halffull Let the decorating begin :)

I just read on fb that the baby is on her/his way ....

2. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Was there a source? The palace said last month that they would announce once she was in the hospital and news sources have nothing right now.

3. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

My search dug up that Kate left Nottingham Cottage for her parents' house since, apparently, the Nottingham Cottage doesn't have air conditioning. Maybe that was what caused rumors that the baby was on their way?

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

:lol: I love how those sites are more British than the British. I don't know anyone in Britain with any of those names. Half of them are Scottish anyway, and culturally...that won't fly. No prince will be called Duncan or Fergus!

It's always amusing to see the BBC play up to the stereotype though :)

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It sounds as though the reports are another example of "wishful thinking".

6. PDilemma

It seemed she was at her parents' house this weekend while William played in a charity polo match. Nothing I read implied she was staying there any longer than that. I doubt she would be as it is some distance from London and the hospital.

Reliable sources have that Camilla said today they are hoping for the baby to arrive by the end of the week.

7. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I"m sure Camilla would love Kate to have the baby on her birthday. I hope not.

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Steph's my fave, 'cause she doesn't give a hot damn about anything. She had her children out of wedlock and everything. So did one of Caroline's sons IIRC. I am only interested in them because I was a big fan of Grandma. I didn't know that Caroline's daughter with that German prince was a figure skater!! Is she any good?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  9. halffull

halffull Let the decorating begin :)

Must have been ... sorry :slinkaway

10. PDilemma

No harm done! I'm sure that there are going to be lots of false alarms on social media. Those are not as bad as the mags already on shelves with all the details of the delivery, right?

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  11. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Hold out until Monday, Kate! That's my birthday :)

12. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

I don't know if she's any good at skating, but I saw her at Worlds in Nice & at TEB last year. Kim Lucine was sitting with her in Paris, & she had made banners for Amodio & Wagner, it was adorable!

13. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I am convinced that the baby will arrive on the 18th as that was the date I was convinced was her due date before being put right by the press :) We will just have to wait and see ;)

14. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

So did Albert ;) But Stephanie saves elephants, so she's okay in my book.

Re Alexandra's skating, this is what I've been able to find.

15. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I was angry that my husband and I could not have a few hours before anyone knew that our first son was born (someone in the hospital who knew our parents called them to tell them we were in the l/d floor), I can not begin to imagine what Kate and William must feel like. give them a break.

16. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

17. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

CNN is reporting that the baby may arrive any minute now.

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

19. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Do they have a reporter in the delivery room? :p That's what CNN was saying yesterday, which was more than a few "minutes" ago:
    So perhaps "any minute" really means sometime in the very near future.

20. PDilemma

We actually never knew her exact due date, so we don't know if it has passed. The most widely circulated date, July 13, was made up by the Daily Mail. The official word from Buckingham Palace was "mid-July" which could be any time this week or even early next.

21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

And Carole Middleton let slip the baby would be a Leo...which indicates the due date is July 22 or later. But as my mother and sister can tell you, due dates are merely guidelines ;) My sister, a first child, was 2 days early. My brother 4 weeks, and me 1 week. My sister's first child was 2 days early, the second a week.

First babies aren't always late, and in my family are always pretty close to time.

22. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

July 22 is still Cancer :drama:

23. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

THE DAILY MAIL LIED TO ME?!!! :drama:

I should have known better than to not check that :shuffle: We might be waiting another couple of weeks then!

24. PDilemma

My firstborn brother was right on time. I was five weeks early. My firstborn sister-in-law was about a week early and born around 11:30 on New Year's Eve, just missing out being the area's New Year baby.

Also...no confirmation on Carole saying that. A " family source" told a tabloid magazine. So that is probably no more reliable than the July 13 date that the Mail managed to make an international fact.

My friend's who have had kids have all had a reasonable prediction from the doctor based on physical signs during the last week/days. So perhaps Camilla knows something we don't based on Kate's doctor visits.

Not that any of the speculation matters. Baby is going to come when it is going to come, after all. ;)

25. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Ha. Okay. Well - the baby will be born in the next couple of weeks, in that case. Mid July is sufficiently vague! I hope it's soon simply because all the hype has received fever pitch. Chances are it'll be this weekend, when I'll be out of town and miss the impromptu street celebrations :drama: Mark my words ;)

26. PDilemma

Well, according to about three tabloid covers at my local grocery store, the baby was already born with lots of last minute delivery drama and a "wild" helicopter journey for William. One even has the name details inside. So I guess Charles, Camilla, and the international media just don't have the real scoop. :rofl:

27. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I'm just glad they didn't tell the media the due date. Can you imagine? Wasn't William induced because of stress about when the baby was going to arrive?

I hope everything goes smooth for Kate. Labor and delivery is scary. It was about twenty-four hours for me. Ugh.

28. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Quite surprised my mom hasn't told me that. Guess she just hasn't noticed the covers yet. Or she knows how quickly i'd shoot that idea down.

29. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

I think the baby was born in Dec when Kate was in hospital and she's been wearing a fake belly all this time .. just to mess with our heads. ;)

30. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Tongue-in-cheek yet accurate little video via Twitter:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.