Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

(not new info...but is a new article)

http://www.people.com/people/packag....html?xid=email-peopledaily-20130708-20715202

2. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I was wondering when it looked like Zara had a bit of a tummy in certain pictures of her at the Corronation Service last month. Lovely news and Congratulations to Zara and Mike!!

3. dardar1126

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  4. Marney0612

Marney0612 Member

E online is reporting that William's helicopter is no longer at their farmhouse in Wales. Also, Kate was to sneak into the hospital the other day for a checkup. Stealthy,

5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Is it really bad that, despite knowing the royal birth is going to bump just about ANY news short of a direct alien invasion a la "Independence Day", and yet I still come here to check for news first?

6. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I'm the same; each time I check Off the beaten track I look for this threat and when it's bumped up, I hope for news on the baby :)

7. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

The "threat" of a royal baby keeps ever increasing as July marches on -- it soon will reach the RED ALERT level! ;)

BTW: I check for the latest news of all sorts of stuff here -- why bother with CNN when there's FSU? :D

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The reports I've seen said that it was to check that all was in readiness for the baby; instead of a medical appointment for her.

9. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Is it wrong to hope that she goes into labor and drowns out the Zimmerman verdict??

10. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Not at all, it is a perfect rational hope!

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'll join you in that hope.

12. danceronice

If so, I don't want to be right.

13. PDilemma

14. Lynn226

Lynn226 Well-Known Member

No. I just posted in the Zimmerman thread that the press will have a field day if both happen on the same day.

15. PDilemma

I hope the car leaves the hospital on the way to the easel at Buckingham Palace 30 seconds after the jury comes in. Anything to detract from the media-trial-of-the-month spectacle.

16. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

If it's that bad, just change the channel ;)

17. PDilemma

It really doesn't matter what channel you have on. Yesterday at my parents' house, my husband and father were watching an Adam 12 rerun on "MeTV" when the local ABC affiliate that owns it ran a breaking news scroll that the Zimmerman case was going to closing arguments.

18. Zemgirl

You could try ESPN, then all you'd get is NBA off-season stuff, steroids in baseball, and why Yasiel Puig is going to be the bestest ever. Not much more appealing, I imagine? Perhaps Sharknado might do the trick instead?

I'm not US-based, of course, and don't watch TV anyway, but I've mostly managed to avoid the whole thing online.

19. PDilemma

Yes, because the original comment was not at all snark and I am sitting in my living room crying tears of horror because I can't get away from the Zimmerman trial coverage and was so hoping a helpful FSUer would direct me to channels that did not include coverage.

Reality: I was just snarking about the U.S. media, which post-O.J. seems to always have a trial of the moment which we get saturation coverage of. Since we also get huge coverage of the royal family...if the two events cross, it may indeed be funny to see how they cover both. Also reality: if you attempt to be even a slightly informed person in the U.S. these days, you will not escape the trial of the moment whether it is online headlines, news stories in your paper or "breaking news" scrolling across the television screen during completely unrelated programming. Even the Weather Channel has news headlines now. Last reality: My television is not even on at the moment.

20. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I guess Texas is different from the rest of the country because our TV is on all the time (mostly it's my husband watching it) & we haven't seen or heard one word about the trial. There's normally some Zimmerman news on the home page of my computer but not on TV.

21. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

On the Today show, they were debating the issues with an overdue/induced birth. I was :rolleyes: Damn - they are not the doctors. let the prince and princess have their little one in peace.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  22. dardar1126

To pass the time...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalind...alflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed

12 Beautiful Vintage Photos Of Brides From 1850-1920s
    Some of these gorgeous gowns just might serve as an inspiration for your special day.

(includes one of Princess Mary of Teck)

:glamor:

EDIT:

http://www.royaltyonscreen.com/

SYNOPSIS

BORN TO ROYALTY, a BBC Film produced by Lucy McDowell, Ian Brown & Ingrid Seward. When Prince William married Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011, millions of people watched the couple take their vows in Westminster Abbey. When, 19 months later, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child - a child that will one day be King or Queen - the news made headlines around the World. In this insightful documentary from BBC Films, we celebrate the birth of William and Kate's baby, the great-grandchild of Elizabeth II with a fascinating portrait of the life that lies ahead for the child who is born to reign. "Born to Royalty" is a feature-length celebration charting the history of the Royal babies born in recent times.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  23. Zemgirl

Whereas my response about ESPN and Sharknado was clearly made in all seriousness. More to the point, when I want to avoid certain news stories, I avoid certain news sources and especially TV news - there's more than enough great content online to stay informed.

I just don't see why, if someone is so bothered by the (excessive) attention paid to the Zimmerman trial, they'd proceed to bring it up in a wholly unrelated thread.

Oh, lovely! The one of Mary of Teck is beautiful. And not a strapless gown in the bunch ;) My grandparents have an old family album with photographs going back to the mid 19th century (judging by the fashions), I should take another look at it and see if there are any good bridal pictures there.

More recent pretty gowns (and a few older ones): Order of Splendor's July brides post.

24. dardar1126

We had the girls names...now for the boys...via Twitter:

25. danceronice

Oh, at home, never a problem, I've pretty much always got TVG on. But at work, at least one EDR tv is always on CNN and I work right there, so...at least THAT's over, now come on, Baby News!

26. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Kate please have that baby soon and get Zimmerman off my tv! :mad:

And I know it's off topic but, damn, if you want to commit a crime, just go down to Florida!
    First Casey Anthony and now George Zimmerman.
    Everyone seems to get away with murder in Florida!

Come on Kate, bring on that baby!:D

27. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

They're not royal babies but one of my friends just named her two new ginger kittens William and Harry.

28. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Why do Europe's royal families dislike The House of Grimaldi so much?

29. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing because they have been a hot mess over the years.

30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

We named our red tabby Henry after the Tudor kings :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.