Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Probably!

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

3. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

4. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Her Majesty is looking lovely in pink for the opening day at Royal Ascot (which will feature, in about ten minutes, the royally-named Animal Kingdom, Kentucky Derby and Dubai World Cup winner). The royal party entered in the traditional horse-drawn carriages, with HMQE riding with Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall (who as usual rocks her hat, in ivory today) and followed by the Duke of York and his daughters, who are one for two in not looking entirely like they ought to be kidnapped by a stylist (gray with horizontal black stripes? REALLY?) The Queen looked happy and smiling, though as the TVG guys noted, it was a little bittersweet as the Duke of Edinburgh was absent, obviously not up to a day out yet.

The royal procession entered to the theme from "Skyfall." The TVG handicappers indicated it was because the movie filmed in part at the racecourse, but I have to wonder if someone was thinking of the Olympic opening ceremonies....

5. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I can't wait to see the photo galleries! Please please please let the Princesses of York be there :)

6. mag

mag Well-Known Member

7. dardar1126

Twitter: Just for fun...

EDIT:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  8. dardar1126

Twitter:

9. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Great pics of the royal party celebrating the Queen's win in the Gold Cup at Ascot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ra...rates-Estimate-wins-Gold-Cup-Royal-Ascot.html

So sorry Prince Phillip couldn't share it with her - he would have been drafted in to award her the cup I'm sure. As it was Prince Andrew had to be deputised to do it as the Queen was slated to do the honours as usual and it isn't really done to award a cup to yourself :lol:

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Oh my, does the Queen ever look happier than when her horse is winning? Love it!

Thanks for sharing Lorac!

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

She's such a great owner for racing to have and it's always great to see how genuinely thrilled she is when one of her horses wins!

13. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

14. dardar1126

That's lovely! :)

I've always thought that Hayley has the most pure, ethereal voice. :saint:

15. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

This reminds me a lot of the song my godmother wrote me a lullaby when I was born. She'd sing it to me every night I was in the NICU. She sang it at my wedding too! So sweet for the baby to have a nice little song for him/her.

16. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Of all the gorgeous voices out there right now, I could not think of a more perfect choice for this song. Adore Hayley and once again I have PBS to thank for introducing me to her. Was channel surfing one night when one of her Concerts was on for a Pledge Drive. I'd found it w/her in mid song and decided to watch the rest of it, as I'd never heard of her before and that little bit I'd just heard was really beautiful.

Talk about perfect timing. The very next song she did, is the one she's most known for, her beyond gorgeous and soul touching version of Amazing Grace. I remember having tears streaming down my cheeks and thinking, "Who is *this*!?!". :D For those who haven't heard Hayley's literal spine tingling Amazing Grace, IMO the best performance of it she's ever done was for the Christchurch Earthquake Memorial Service a couple of years ago and is up over at You Tube. I didn't think it was possible for her to take it to another level, but she did that day.

Also over there is Hayley's performance of both God Save The Queen and God Defend New Zealand in the presence of The Queen and many members of the Royal Family for the Dedication Service and Ceremony of the New Zealand War Memorial in London from a few years ago. She really and truly is one of New Zealand's best gifts to the rest of the World. :)

Speaking YouTube...The documentary the BBC did about The Queen and her passion for horses is up over there finally. I just watched it and it's fascinating to see. Or at least it was to me, as my Parents passed along their love for Horse Racing on to me and also being around them due to Family Members taking part in various competitive fields in the Horse Sports, so to me it really was interesting. However, to someone who isn't into Horse Racing, they might find it a bit dull and plodding due to just how much detail is shown on the various stages of the Game of Thoroughbred Horse Racing and just hands on HM is w/her Stud and also Racing Operations.

Regardless, it was so, for lack of a better word, cool to see the Queen so completely and totally in her element. There's one part where she's at the facilities at Hampton Court Palace checking out on how the Yearlings are doing in their Training. While the rest of the horses shown to HM behaved beautifully, there were two who fussed and acted out a bit. Once the Training Staff had gotten them calmed down, the Queen came over to the one and to see her interact w/what was such a skittish animal just a few minutes before and watch her gain that horse's trust by slow, gentle and deliberate movements....It really is something to see.

There's also interviews w/her cousin Margaret Rhodes (the one who wrote the book The Final Curtsey about not only her own life, but also about the years when she was a Lady in Waiting to her Aunt, the Queen Mum), Monty Roberts (I think I'm remembering his last name right) who is also known as The Horse Whisperer, Princess Anne, Zara Phillips and also several of the Staff both Past and Present. Not to mention some never before seen photos and especially film of the then Princess Elizabeth of York at four years old and on her very first pony. There's also footage of both Princess Anne's accident on the Cross Country Course at the Montreal Olympics and HM and Prince Andrew's reactions to it.

I've heard about it, but had never seen it before tonight. Anne was both very lucky and had someone looking out for both her and her horse that day. It was part of Anne's interview where she was talking about how Zara has followed in her footsteps and, knowing the dangers of Three Day Eventing, if HRH had some idea of what her Parents must have gone through watching her out there and if she and the Queen had ever talked about it.

When I heard the BBC was doing this as part of their Programming to both mark the Diamond Jubliee and the Anniversary of the Coronation, this was the one I *really* wanted to watch, as I had a hunch this would be the documentary in which we'd see HM at her most ease and also comfort level. I wasn't disappointed either.

YouTube ~ The Queen ~ A Passion for Horses

I also noticed on the right side menu this...

YouTube ~ The Queen with Grandchildren at Balmoral

I think this might have been posted before, but regardless IMO, it truly shows just how skilled HM is in diplomacy. Meeting the Leaders of the World and Commonwealth? No problem. Hosting the rulers of some of the Middle East that aren't exactly looked upon as the ideal guest? A piece of cake. However...Stopping a three and a half/four year old about to burst into a full out and full fledged temper tantrum?

Now that's diplomacy!! :D

I saw it reported somewhere during the weekend, that some of the more well known photographers who work for the London papers/websites, have been seen on the other side of the street across from the doors to The Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital. Already trying to figure out where the best place will be to get that one picture that will be seen everywhere w/in minutes of it being taken.

So...if they're doing that now, then Baby Cambridge Watch is w/out a doubt heading down the Home Stretch. Even though we've been told her Due Date is mid July, I just have a feeling this little Prince or Princess might not want to wait that long and be born a wee bit sooner.

Oh and another thing I saw this weekend? Someone had mentioned in the comments section of an article about Kate and her impact on Maternity Fashions, something that I can't believe I didn't think of myself or that no one in here thought of it either. One of Kate's last engagements, and her last Solo one, before her Maternity Leave was to take part in a Christening Ceremony. Now...What will be one of Kate's very first Official/Royal events after the Baby's born? A Christening Ceremony.

Like I said, I can't believe that none of us caught that, but it's true. :D

17. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I just hope and pray the baby is not born on the Diana's birthday - especially if it is a girl as the pressure from the press - and probably the Earl Spencer :)blah:) - on William and Catherine to name her Diana would be immense and then the child would be compared to the late Princess all her life. The further into July and away from July 1st the baby can be born the better as far as I am concerned. I just hope that he/she is healthy - and that the Duchess has an easy as labour as she can.

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

There's absolutely no way that a future Queen of England will be named Diana. My bet is still on one of her names being Frances, as a nod to Diana as well as Kate's father, whose middle name is Francis.

Charlotte Frances Elizabeth folks - place your bets!!

19. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I agree but the British press love to show how they 'speak' for the common people (sarcasm very heavy here) and they would assume nothing less than Diana would be good enough for the daughter of William. I actually like your suggestion if the baby is a girl. What about if it is a boy?

20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't have one - but I think we can be certain that the name Charles will be in there - perhaps as his final name as is the custom with first born girls in the Royal Family being given Elizabeth as their final name. That's why I think Charlotte is ideal - it honours his father and future King of England, it's a good royal name, and it's classic without being too overused or trendy. And it's pretty :)

21. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I think it's very likely that if they have a girl, she will get Diana as one of her middle names; absolutely not as her first name, however.

Too bad that they'll likely have to stick with something traditional and can't just pick a name they like personally, as Victoria and Daniel did with Princess Estelle and Maxima and Willem-Alexander did with their triple-A daughters.

22. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I still think Frances is the perfect solution - it honours both Diana and William's grandmother, plus it's Kate's father's and grandfather's middle name in the male form, so all in all a good family name, well known to be Diana's middle name, and not controversial. I can only imagine that if Diana was any of her names that the press would constantly be using her full name or even daring to nickname her Little Di or something. I was a big Diana fan, but I don't see any upside to using her name, and I do see a lot of downsides.

btw, Charlotte is also Pippa's middle name and Elizabeth is Kate's own middle name, as well as her mother's. I think it would be lovely to have a set of names that mean something on both sides of the family while at the same time honouring tradition and the child's very special position in British history.

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Here's some fun - another society wedding over the weekend, this time the Duke of Northumberland's daughter, with many of the young royals and other well-known names in attendance. Kate didn't attend of course, but William and Harry were groomsmen, and the chief bridesmaid was Harry's ex Chelsea Davy - and he brought his latest girlfriend along with him. Pippa was there, as were Beatrice and Eugenie - as usual the Daily Mail has a great spread of photos.

24. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that's the best chelsy ever looked and she still looks sort of rough and old. except for the bride, everyone looks sort of budget.

25. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I think after all the legal changes and all the widespread do/don't name her Diana talk all over the web...Baby Cambridge is going to disappoint everyone but his parents by being a boy.

26. avivadawn

avivadawn Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'd like it all better if Baby Cambridge was a boy. :) With the large number of future females in line to the thrones of Europe.....Prince Christian of Denmark is being slowly outnumbered by the ladies. :rofl:

27. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Shlomo Raghavendra Abdullah. :)

28. PDilemma

Boy name:

George Charles Phillip Arthur

29. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I hope they have a boy just because everyone I know wants them to have a girl since "girls are better". :shuffle:

I'd suggest James for baby Cambridge as it's my favorite male name, but there's Viscount Severn, and also Kate's brother, so. I'm thinking George, or Alexandra, or Charlotte for the name.

30. PDilemma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.