Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I thought I read somewhere that this is her last solo engagement but she has one more joint appearance this weekend, and that's all before the baby is due - but I'm not certain.

2. MLIS

MLIS Active Member

This weekend is the Trooping the Colour parade (for the Queen's official birthday) in London and the annual Order of the Garter service at Windsor. Kate usually appears at both (there's a full royal family appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace after the parade, and William is a Knight of the Garter so he participates in the service and she usually comes to watch).

3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

According to aides, Trooping will be Kate's last official engagement as they know of. Order of the Garter might depend on how she's feeling that day, but they have been told not to expect her being there. All this from various tweets and articles posted over at The Royal Forums site.

I also thought Kate looked lovely today christening the newest ship for Princess Cruises. :)

ETA ~ For Trooping this year, HM will be joined by the Duke of Kent for the journey to Horse Guards Parade and back to BP. I was wondering how the Duke would take part this year, as he's still recovering from a series of mini strokes that took place over the late Winter/early Spring. This way, he can still take part and the Queen also won't be by herself in her Carriage.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  4. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Ah that's kinda sweet. Still her best friend after all these years. Being a comfort and standing in for Phillip.
    Hate to be the voice of doom and gloom but, I think Phillip is on his last legs. Such a shame.

5. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

6. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Well, he's ninety-some years old. He cannot live forever. It does seem so many health crises....

7. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

8. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

9. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  10. dardar1126

Twitter:

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

12. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

HMQ looks amazing! i love the color, the hat, the pin, and the pattern of her dress peeking underneath. probably no accident everyone else is in muted colors. also, she seems to be enjoying herself.

13. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Kate herself looks great, but I don't like the outfit and especially not the hat - it's all too pink. As far as I'm concerned, Eugenie and Camilla win the hat contest (and Prince William too ;).

Always nice to have Lady Louise (and her brother) join the festivities!

14. skatesindreams

^^^
    To each their own.

What would be more suitable/appealing?
    The Queen was meant to be the "star" of this event.

15. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I'd go with something that doesn't look like a night gown my 80 year old grandmother would wear :shuffle:

16. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

What Jen said. The color and the details (the coat buttons, the lacy bits on the hat) are somehow both too old and too young. She's usually very stylish, and has stayed that way during her pregnancy as well, but this is not one of her better efforts, IMO.

I think Camilla often dresses well and appropriately, and Kate has the advantage of being younger and better looking (although she lacks Camilla's ability to wear massive jewels and hats, alas). BTW, Beatrice and Eugenie have worn blue and red to this event in the past, so I don't think the color palette is that limited.

17. my little pony

i dont mind kate's outfit considering how far along she is.

18. skatesindreams

She's 8+ months along; and couldn't look like an "80 year old grandmother" if she tried!

19. dardar1126

20. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

She might be 8+ months, but she looks like she has a football shoved up her shirt. She's hardly so out of shape that she needs to adopt the old fashioned mentality of frumpy, pastel toned maternity wear. It wouldn't look so bad if it were a vivid pink, or even white, or any other non-pastel colour for that matter.

She looks absolutely radiant and glowing, but the dress does her a disservice IMO.

My grandmother really does have a nightgown that looks exactly like it.

21. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Maybe she feels it's better to err on the side of caution than to wear something really out there and get slammed in the media and in the very fickle minds of the public. I mean, look at the York sisters. Nine times out of ten those poor women get criticized for what they wear (they really do need stylists...) and maybe Kate feels going the more conservative route, while somewhat boring, is the safer bet. I mean, every eyeball is on her at events like these and she knows it. Better to be boring than tacky. That's how I'd feel anyway.

22. my little pony

she's never going to wear it again except maybe during another pregnancy. i cant get excited over it.

can anyone identify the queen's pin? it looks like something my mom won for selling a lot of tupperware once. now i wish i still had it.

23. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

24. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

HMQ is wearing The Guards Badge which combines the symbols of the regiments involved with Trooping the Colour

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.ca/2012/06/guards-badge.html

25. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. :)

I noticed a small identification error in one of the photo captions: It's Prince Edward, Duke of Kent standing next to Queen Elizabeth II during part of the ceremony (not Prince William, Duke of Kent).

ETA:
    The York sisters do not look so great with what they are wearing, though their hats are okay.

The Duchess of Cambridge has a nice personal sense of style that tends toward conservative, but she generally always looks good in what she wears, and she obviously has a lot of poise. The pink color might have been somewhat deeper, I suppose, but it appears that most of the royal ladies wore light, pastel colors. The sartorial spotlight was likely purposely reserved for Queen Elizabeth II in her royal blue. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  26. my little pony

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

The Queen looks so happy :) Perhaps that is a good sign that Philip is doing well and she was free to really enjoy herself.

I thought Camilla actually looked the best - she really does a good job (or someone does) of choosing the right colours, cuts and accessories for someone of her age and position. And I love that she and Kate, William and Harry seem to get along so well.

And goodness can those boys pull off the uniformed look!

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  28. dardar1126

Twitter:

29. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

So remember last month when Kate wore that blue dress and the obsessed fans on the web and even a few media outlets decided she was wearing blue to inform us that it is a boy? My first thought about this pink outfit was that she is just screwing with the crazy people. :p

30. skatesindreams

What good news about Prince Philip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.