Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

At least he coulda dug up a turnip...

2. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

William and Kate were certainly out and about this weekend...

First they took in the final day of racing at the Cheltenham Races to cheer on Mike Tindall's horse, but it didn't do as well as hoped for.

Daily Mail ~ Ear, who's the tweaker? How William's friend grabbed his attention at the races... much to Kate's amusement

Then today was the giving of the Shamrocks to the Irish Guards...

YouTube ~ Sky News ~ William and Kate Celebrate St. Patrick's Day

and...

YouTube ~ Sky News ~ Prince gives Kate a hand as heel gets stuck in drain | Wills and Grate

Also William was made an Aide de Camp to his Granny this weekend as well...

Telegraph ~ Duke of Cambridge becomes Aide-de-Camp to the Queen

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Although the position carries few duties, I was pleased to read this. Charles holds the same position with the Queen, and this symbolically gives William a more direct relationship, and shows that she feels he is ready to represent her in a more official capacity.

4. AragornElessar

Kate joined the Queen and the DoE to help out during an engagement to celebrate the 150 years of The Tube in London....

Daily Mail ~ Baby on board: Pregnant Kate creases up with laughter after being handed badge on Tube as she joins Queen and Prince Philip for 150th anniversary celebrations

While HM does still look a bit pale and drawn, she also doesn't look as bad as I was thinking after what she's been through. I don't care how old you are, that thing can literally knock the stuffing out of you for a long time after it's gone. So happy to see HM back out and about.

Love Kate's coat, the colour, the hat...All great and really flattering too.

My only complaint? They're at the Baker Street Station and no Sherlock? C'mon!!!

;) :D

edited to add...Didn't realize no one mentioned anything about Will and Kate's Engagement yesterday...

Telegraph ~ William and Kate hug and kiss bereaved parents during charity visit

and...

Ezpress ~ Kate and Prince William are the Duke and Duchess of Cuddles

Not sure if the message on the card w/the bear can be seen, but in another picture I saw yesterday, it was addressed to "William, Kate and "The Bump"" :D

This though....

:(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. AragornElessar

Easter Weekend last week and nothing mentioned in here? Shocked am I!!

Just about as much as when I saw the pictures of Sophie. WOWZA!!

Daily Mail ~ Sophie turns heads with her skin-tight skirt as she attends Easter service at Windsor... That £860 Easter bonnet helped, too!

My personal thoughts? Love it and she has never looked better IMO. She really has come into her own these last couple of years, hasn't she?

In other Sophie news, Girlguding UK, of which she is the Royal Patron of, is on the brink of making a huge change and HRH is not happy about it. I can also understand perfectly why she is too.

Express ~ Sophie is upset by Oath vote

And I can perfectly understand that, as I hate the changes made here in Canada to the over all program. I mean....You used to have to actually learn more than just the Promise, Law and Motto to join any branch of Guiding in the past, but now? That's it, that's all. The girls aren't even required to actually learn/understand what it means and why we have them. I also remember having to work on a badge and then being able to either show what I learned, talk about it and/or bring in proof in the form of whomever helped me writing a note I truly did learn whatever before I was enrolled as a Brownie. In my case, it was the Manual Alphabet used to finger spell to the Deaf for the Friends to the Disabled badge. Same for Guides, you had to earn your enrollment in some manner.

None of that happens now. It's been so dumbed down from what Lord Baden Powell intended it to be, it's beyond sad.

Sorry for that, but Guiding and Scouting is a big part of my Family and it's so sad to see what's become or is becoming.

On that note, moving on...

Also...W/the invitations having been sent and replies coming in, this much is now known about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's upcoming wedding...

It's White Tie folks!!! That means for the Ladies attending, if they're Royal? Ballgowns, Tiaras, other Heirloom jewelry and respective Orders all being worn!!

I'm looking forward to this Wedding even more now. :D :D :D

In even happier news...Princess Caroline of Monaco became a Grandma for the first time last week...

Hello ~ Monaco's Princess Caroline visits new grandchild as baby's name is revealed

The little guy's name is Sacha and everyone is doing well. :)

Also, we're now into the countdown to the end of the month, the end of Queen Beatrix's reign in the Netherlands and the start of King Wiliem-Alexander's. The Programme of how events will take place on the day has been released.

Hello ~ Official programme announced for the day that will see Willem-Alexander crowned King

And that's it for now. :)

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Wow, Kate looks sensational. And finally a bump! The Queen looks good too, I thought. Love the flowers she was holding.

7. AragornElessar

Wait till you see the pictures from today and the events she and William attended in Scotland. W/all that's been going on w/my Mom, I've gotten *very* behind w/following the Royals and didn't realize William and Kate were in Scotland for two days starting today.

I've also had a very long and tiring day and was just doing my final "round" of things online when I saw you'd replied. I'll be back tomorrow w/the links though. :)

8. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

'The Queen wins honorary Bafta for being the most 'memorable Bond girl yet' (and also for her services to film and TV)
    Hollywood star Sir Kenneth Branagh presented the award during a glittering Windsor Castle reception attended by stars of stage, screen and television celebrating their industry.'

Seems like a fun evening was had by all :) If you read/scroll down the article there's also a video link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I loved this part of Sir Kenneth Branagh's speech:

To laughter from his audience he told the Queen said: '...Your sensational appearance at the opening ceremony of last year's Olympics was especially memorable.

'So much so that several of my colleagues here tonight want you to know that should you wish to take it further into the world of British films that they have a number of scripts with them here this evening. I have to warn you, Your Majesty, not all of these films are fully financed.' :lol:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  9. AragornElessar

Sorry for not getting to this yesterday, but it was slightly busy...

Mom had her follow up w/the Ortho Surgeon about her broken ankle and she's got at least six weeks to go before being able to put weight on it, and she's got through two of them, but it's still going to be a looooong few weeks around here. Especially when she won't listen to the one person in this house who has gone through more than her fair share of Orthopedic procedures where she couldn't do anything weight bearing on the foot/leg, so....Yeah, a very long few weeks around here.

She also got a new Purple cast, which looks a whole lot better than the neon Green she had to begin w/.

Anyway...Before we catch up w/the Cambridges, I found this great article on Sophie just before calling it a night...

Daily Mail ~ How the Queen helped Sophie put her wobbles behind her with stunning results, as the confident Countess turned heads on Easter Sunday in an electric blue outfit

And now let's see what the Cambridges, or in this case the Strathearns, were up to in Scotland the last couple of days...

The Mirror ~ Live: Kate Middleton and Prince William visit homeless shelter and launch sports project in Scotland

Daily Mail ~ Bonnie in Scotland! Duchess of Cambridge gets into the spirit in tartan coat which hides THAT baby bump (but not her legs)

Daily Mail ~ 'Oh no, does my hair REALLY look like that?' Kate horrified by plastic 'lookalike' doll on day two of her tartan tour

IMO...When the only thing I've seen of criticism towards Kate's clothes this mini tour is that her outfits are too short, then I think she's doing something right.

That's just me however. :)

10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If she wore longer skirts, I'm sure the articles/commentators would say that she looked "matronly"!
    The Duchess looks wonderful, stylish; and should wear whatever she feels is appropriate/comfortable.

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

As far is clothes go, Kate is doing everything right. I don't recall thinking that her skirt was too short, ever.

12. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I absolutely ADORE that color on Sophie and that outfit, even if it is a bit tight for an Easter Service at Windsor Castle. That shade of blue is just stunning, it's so striking and catches the eye.

As for Kate and her fashion choices, everything that I have seen her in looks fabulous on her. I have no idea who she has as a fashion consultant, but whoever it is deserve kudos, if it's all Kate making the decisions, :swoon: bravo young lady! Every time I see her in photos or on television, it's hard not to fall in love with her, she just has that common (no pun intended) touch and can easily relate to people, and that's why people love her. Quite frankly, I think she is the Royal Family's ace in the hole for bringing their subjects closer to them. She has got it going on in spades, and I can't wait to see how she does as a mother.

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

you cant see the front of sophie's easter hat in the article but that hat totally killed me. i need to steal it and move to a more hat centric place.

14. my little pony

15. skatesindreams

I love her hat; the visible zipper on the skirt, not so much!

16. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

I absolutely love that neckline .. beautiful!

17. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I cannot believe the Daily Fail...uh...Mail has an "article" trying to compare Kate to Kim Kardashian. Or that they refer to Kim as "American Royalty". Gag. She wouldn't know how to be classy if it jumped up and slapped her.

Kate, on the other hand, was born with class and would have it even if she hadn't married a Prince.

18. my little pony

19. skatesindreams

There's no comparison between that pathetic celebrity-obsessed "tart" and the Duchess, whatsoever!

20. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Wow calling Kim American Royalty is downright insulting to Americans.

She has nothing on Kate.

21. AragornElessar

Before anything else....When I posted those links to the Scottish mini tour and what I said about Kate and criticism over how short her outfits have been so far, I'd just come from The Royal Forums and believe me, there are *many* over there who think Kate's coats/dresses are far too short for someone expecting. Yeah...Okay....She's how old again? And this is 2013, right? I think she's looked amazing so far, she's not looking twenty years older just because she's expecting and have loved the looks so far. My personal favourite being what she wore for that visit to the Baker Street Tube w/The Queen and DoE. Loved the colour, the cut, the beading detail on the coat...Simply perfect IMO.

So, to hear that anyone is comparing that piece of Reality trash Kim K and what she's wore so far to what HRH has is not only one of the more idiotic and stupid things I've heard of, but also beyond ridiculous. Kim wouldn't even have a clue about classy behaviour or wardrobe nor what it looked like.

Unless....Maybe it would get her attention if it was spelled w/a "K", but I doubt even then...

Sigh...Only the Daily Mail....Typical.

In far more interesting and classy news....Did anyone else know there was a State Visit by Finland's President and First Lady to Denmark this week? Well, there was and the two Mary's did *not* disappoint!!

Hello ~ Princesses Mary and Marie don glittering tiaras for gala dinner

I'm still on the fence on CP Mary's gown...I want to like it, but somehow and I can't put my finger on it, something seems....off w/it. Not sure what or why I feel like that, but there it is. Princess Marie OTOH...She really needs to wear that colour more often as it does wonders on her. I also really liked her gown, but really loved that colour!!

I guess the big news this week will be Infanta Christina of Spain's appearance in Court over the mess her Husband and herself (if you're on the Board of Directors, then you *know* what's going down) have not only placed themselves in, but also the entire SRF as well, over the shady dealings of the so called non for profit Charity Organization they'd set up. Some are thinking this might just end up w/the King having to possibly abdicate to save the Monarchy, but that Christina *does* need to either announced a Separation leading to Divorce, which many doubt, or renouncing her Succession Rights over all of this.

Regardless....The Monarchy is teetering badly in Spain right now. This week could tell a lot about whether or not it can survive it.

22. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Wow, that purple evening gown is fabulous!

23. skatesindreams

I like Mary's gown as well.
    It was different from her usual formal dresses.

24. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

25. AragornElessar

HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark celebrated her Birthday yesterday and that means Balcony appearances by her, Prince Henrik and the Families of the Crown Prince and Prince Joachim. However, of all the pictures I've seen so far, this one's my personal favourite and was found by a member of TRF...

Christian, Isabelle, Vincent and Josephine planning on how to break out of this joint!!

The expressions on their faces are just priceless!!! Count on the Grandchildren to steal the show from Grandma. :D

26. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

That is too cute.

27. AragornElessar

28. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Has there been any announcement as to which foreign royals will be attending the ceremonies in the Netherlands on April 30th? With Queen Beatrix stepping down and Willem-Alexander becoming King, I'd assume everyone would be sending their A-list people short of their own monarchs (who, as I understand, don't attend other people's coronations).

I understand there's a state visit by the UAE to Great Britain around that time and Prince Charles will be dealing with that, so is it Edward and Sophie representing the Queen?

29. AragornElessar

I've been looking over at TRF after reading your post centerstage, and while I didn't find that information, I did find that Williem=Alexander and Maxima had granted an interview to Dutch TV, and was broadcast tonight in the Netherlands. If it is up at YouTube, you'll need to be able to understand the Dutch language in order to watch it, but hopefully at some point there'll be a version of it w/English subtitles. I hope that is!!

Someone over there has tried to do a translation using Google Translate and we all know how *those* can be, but one interesting tidbit from the little bit I've read of it....Queen Beatrix sat W-A and Maxima down a year ago to discuss the Abdication and get the ball rolling w/the details, so that everything would be in place and ready when it came time for the Official Announcement. The interviewer asked them if there were any times when there was "an accident" about to happen w/them spilling it and W-A said at a Formal Dinner of some kind that was held over the past year he was asked about it and if he could pick a date for it, what would it be? He jokingly goes, "Oh April 30th would be perfect. It's Spring, the days are longer and..." At that point? That's when he got a kick from a high heeled shoe and a *look* from Maxima.

I can so picture that too....ROTFLOL!!!

AFAIK...I *think* I saw something about Victoria and Daniel being the Swedish Reps at the events at the end of the month, but also *don't* quote me on that one either, as I very well might have that wrong too. It wouldn't shock me to see Sophie and Edward there for the Windsors. The Wessexes and W-A and Maxima have become really close friends over the years, so even thought it would make sense to send Charles and Camilla, don't be surprised to see Sophie and Edward there instead or even w/the PoW and DoCor.

I do know this for sure though. There *will* be a White Tie Gala Event either the night before or the night of the 30th. Which means, Orders, Medals (maybe), but most importantly....Ball Gowns, Orders and...and....AND....TIARAS!!!!

Sorry for the yelling, but after the last few days, I'm happy to be happy for *anything* at the moment and since Tiara events don't happen that often these days...

30. AragornElessar

Isn't it funny what can happen sometimes after you post it the night before? Not about attending the Abdication and Inauguration in Holland, but guess who will representing the House of Windsor at a certain Royal Wedding in Sweden in early June?

Hello ~ Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex confirm their attendance at Princess Madeleine's royal wedding

I wonder if we'll see that gorgeous Aquamarine Tiara we saw on Sophie for the Night Before Gala Dinner at the festivities in Luxembourg back in October, as this is a Tiara event? It would be nice as it really suited her beautifully.

Also, Prince Charles launched a...We'll call it an Online Exhibit I guess....or his Watercolours on his Official Website today...

Website of TRH The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall ~ Watercolours

I've seen some of HRH's work in the past in various books and he's done some really lovely work. There's one in particular I've seen a few times he did of Windsor Castle and the Thunderclouds are just massing and incoming in the distance. Charles did a really gorgeous job of displaying the contrast of the light of day on the Castle and Windsor Great Park and the darkness of the coming storm. It really is a stunning piece of work he did that time and I'm looking forward to going through the site tonight to look at some more of HRH's Watercolours. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.