Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Speculation began long ago - we have already picked names :)

3. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Well, that thread is due for closing-so maybe this can can pick it up? And, like I said there, Congrtulations to the Duke and Duchess!! May the morning sickness be short-lived.

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

She has hyperemesis gradidarum---it's rather bad, poor thing. Hope she gets over it soon.

5. floskate

floskate Vacant

This will be the royalty thread #4. Any ideas for a better title, let me know and I'll edit it. Huge congratulations to Will to Kate and hope she feels better soon :)

6. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

7. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

My niece had this for eight months. And she was in the hospital & had a feeding tube for 6 months. She had to lay flat on her back without a pillow & only get up to go to the bathroom. If she even lifted her head she would start to throw up. She finally came home from the hospital when she was 8 months pregnant.

8. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Kate and William! I hope that the Duchess is feeling better soon. My sister had severe morning sickness with her second pregnancy (I secretly thought/hoped that it might mean she was carrying a girl -- and she was!). Unfortunately, it lasted well into her second trimester -- and instead of gaining weight, she lost nearly 20 pounds in the first few months. Kate doesn't have 15 pounds to spare, so I really hope her condition responds well to treatment and/or doesn't last very long.

9. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I KNEW IT!!!

I've been saying since the Summer it wouldn't shock me to hear something come November/December baby related to Will and Kate and... :D :D :D

I can't explain it either. It was just this funny hunch I had and that's the only way I can explain it.

So happy for them and Congratulations to them!!!!

However...Glad that Kate's in the hospital and getting treated for the wicked morning sickness, but I hope she doesn't go through this the entire time. My niece Lisa ended up being one of those women that did happen to and she's Type One Diabetic. Thankfully she and the medical team were able to keep Lisa hydrated *and* her sugars so well regulated, Lisa's had the best readings she's ever had.

So if my Niece w/such a serious health condition can be helped w/it through her entire nine months, I'm sure the medical team over there can help Kate.

I hope.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see what the first posting at the previous thread was and we were in the run up to little Estelle's Christening and also little Princess Athena's Christening too. Fitting that a thread that started off w/a couple of Royal Christenings and ended w/the announcement of another Royal Baby on it's way.

:)

A new thread title should have something about both this lovely news and Princess Maddie's upcoming Wedding. Maybe....Knitting Little Booties and Designing Wedding Gowns or something like that?

ETA ~ I just realized something. If I'd been able to find a ride over to Sudbury, today would have been my annual skin check up appt. So what you're asking? Just that it was my annual skin check up appt the day Will and Kate announced their Engagement.

How eerie is that?

One other thing...Now I'm *really* looking forward to HM's Christmas Broadcast in a few weeks. :D

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  10. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Yes, I know someone who experienced the same thing. It's no fun for sure. Hope Kate's is not that bad.

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I've read about a case when the woman suffered from HG the entire pregnancy, complicated by the fact that she was having twins. Relief came immediately after their birth. Hope she recovers at the usual 3 months mark.

12. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Poor Kate; that sounds miserable. But it sounds like they're talking all the right precautions and she'll get all the best care in the hospital to ensure that she and her baby are healthy...won't be comfortable, but she should be fine.

So happy for them; hope it's a girl! :D ;)

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm trying to imagine how the poor thing got through her recent engagements - including playing a bit of field hockey just a day or two ago! All that standing and smiling and being pleasant - when she probably just wanted to curl up with some tea and dry toast in her jammies.

14. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

HG is horrible. Poor Kate. No medication worked to ease my nausea when I was pregnant and I lost a bunch of weight, for my size. It was scary. :(

For the anecdote of severe morning sickness and girls, well, I had a boy. SIL who had a girl didn't have it much. I was puking through the whole pregnancy. Blech.

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Likely true!

However, she certainly looked wonderful during the visit to her Prep school, St. Andrew's:
    http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...-Arthur-Edwards-The-Sun-PA-Wire-700-x-500.jpg

16. AragornElessar

Mom and I were just talking about this during Supper. There were a couple of people over at The Royal Forums who were wondering if she was pregnant during their day in Cambridge. Not by the way Kate was walking or "holding herself", but just by how washed out she looked. Others put that down to the beigy coat she was wearing, and I was one of them, as I've noticed that from time to time w/Kate and that colour range.

Turns out those of us that said that were wrong and although my heart goes out to Kate having to deal w/level of things Morning Sickness wise, I'm very happy to be very wrong this time. :D

17. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

A question: Did Parliament ever do any thing about changing the rules of succession? Weren&#8217;t they going to change it from first male born, to first born?

18. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Yes, it was changed. The baby will be in line to the throne after William regardleess of its gender.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Or, if there's more than one, the first one out.

I suspect if there's a c-section, they'll only take out one at a time. I wonder how they'd choose, if one wasn't in more distress than the other.

20. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I'd send them a bouquet of roses as a congratulatory present, except I'm afraid Prince Charles would start talking to the said flowers.

21. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

They probably make better small talk than a lot of the people he has to greet.

22. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I am SO happy for them, and hope that the duchess is feeling better soon. It's going to be fun to watch her progress over the coming months! :) :)

23. AragornElessar

Actually, no it hasn't. I was reading about this over at the CBC due to just what doing this in Canada could also mean...

CBC ~ Canada set for new law in case Kate's royal baby is a girl

If having to do this also means it's a change to our Constitution, then all hell could literally be let loose in Canada. Especially w/the PQ in power in Quebec right now.

I really don't want my Country going down that road again thank you very much. Even if it means the ratifying of this particular piece of legislation.

24. AragornElessar

Doing this as a separate post as it hasn't anything to do w/the Happy News from the UK today...

Views and News from Norway ~ Mette-Marit aided surrogate parents

My admiration for this lady has just grown. Was it a sticky situation? W/out a doubt. However, as HRH says herself in her statement, sometimes you have no good options in a situation such as this, so you do what you believe is the right thing to do. This could still produce problems for her just due to the entire debate and laws considering surrogacy in Norway, but I admire her so much for doing this.

25. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

At that point, why go home? You only have to come back right away...

Funny, I was just looking at a tabloid (long line at Wally World this afternoon) with the headline "PALACE INSIDER CONFIRMS IT! Will and Kate Expecting!" and having not watched or listened to any news I just wondered about more speculation. Then of course when I logged on tonight and saw the headlines the first thing I thought was "Wonder if FSU has a thread yet?"

26. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I had HG when I was pregnant with my second son and it was so bad that i lost 15 lbs in less than a month. I had it throughout my pregnancy and took Diclentin. I had HG for a week after I had my son but it finally stopped.
    Post birth I was 10 lbs under my starting weight and within a month I had lost an additional 15 lbs. It was crazy. I truly hope she doesn't have it as long as I did.

Congrats to them!!

27. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

With her looking so active and lively just a few days ago, I have to wonder if they are just being super cautious with her. She doesn't have an ounce to lose, so it wouldn't surprise me. In any event, I hope she's not too uncomfortable. She's got a long way to go.

28. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Congratulations to William and Catherine!

29. liv

liv Well-Known Member

congratulations to them!!

This is the general time frame that I figured they would be expecting, and with her changing cheeks and outfits in the last 2 weeks, you knew it was coming very soon. They finished the the obligations for the Jubilee/Olympic year, did their big tours, and they have been married a year and a half which is a good amount of time to become settled as a married couple and get used to their new lives. Many modern couples with busy lives, events upcoming, wait until certain things/events are over and they feel settled before deciding to try for a baby and that could be exactly what they did.

I hope Kate feels better. It sound miserable to be having even worse morning sickness than normal. Hope she gets the rest she needs and with the winter coming she can kind of "nest. "

I'm sure the Queen is thrilled and it makes an already special year for her even more special.

30. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I've read a few times today that calling hyperemesis gradidarum "severe morning sickness" is like calling meningitis a "severe cold". It greatly diminishes what is actually happening. I hope she is okay, and that the baby is too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.