1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockne Brubaker & Stefania Berton engaged; Jonathan Cassar, Wesley Campbell retire

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 13, 2013.

1. CoyoteChris

CoyoteChris New Member

Oh no...and I just spent way too much time staring at John Z.'s wife at Nats! There is just something about Italian figure skaters....
    I think Carolina is still single, Yes?

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Well, LUV does make a girl do questionable thing sometimes :p. Remember Lydia Manon and Brandon Forsyth ?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Kostner used to date Verner but not sure how serious that was or whether they are together still (they train on different continents now so probably not :p).

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Ditto. ITA! Wesley's fp at 2013 U.S. Nationals will remain a lasting and poignantly beautiful memory. His performance is definitely one of the highlights of the men's event. Jonathan gave it his all throughout his skating career and he brought such dancerly unique expressiveness and awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping spread eagles to the ice. It will be a good thing for figure skating if Wesley and Jonathan are able to continue contributing their creativity and passion to the sport in other capacities. I wish them both the best, and would love to see them both performing again on the ice, in some way.

How lovely for Stefania and Rockne! It's a pleasure seeing Rockne so happy, and the description of how he made his proposal to Stefania is very loving and delightful. Congratulations and best wishes to them!

5. Rainbow

Rainbow Active Member

Carolina has been dating race walker Alex Schwazer for almost five years.

6. Laney

Laney Member

AFAIK Carolina is still with Alex Schwazer. I don't think they split. Tomas Verner is still with Natalie Pechalat. I don't think Caro and Tomas have ever been a couple but they were/are very close friends. Caro is with Alex since 2007/2008...
    Back to topic: it's nice that Stefanie and Rockne are happy together :) Congratulations!!!