Rockefeller Center/Bryant Park Tree Lightings

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by 10J, Nov 29, 2010.

1. 10J

10J New Member

Anyone know which skaters are performing at the Rockefeller Center tree lighting and the Bryant Park tree lighting in NYC?

2. nylynnr

nylynnr Active Member

Michael Weiss will perform at the Bryant Park tree lighting Dec. 2.

3. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

As everyone knows by now who tuned into the Rock Center tree-lighting show last night, there were no skaters and, in fact, the ice rink was covered to make room for spectators. BOO!!!

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. lizny

lizny Well-Known Member

There have been no skaters for a couple of years now, I stopped watching. :(

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Same here. For years, they've turned the rink into an iceless stage area that only a handful of people can really view. I've been to the Rock Center tree lighting in person (DH proposed afterwards!) and it's a mob scene. Better to watch on TV, but since they don't have skating, I've lost interest in watching the latest Disney songbirds perform.

6. CzakoFan

CzakoFan Many kisses

Skating would've definitely improved the Rockefeller show. That Jackie Evancho is an amazing singer, so it was great to see and hear her perform. It was strange hearing Al Roker shout HAPPY NEW YEAR as the show was ending. That's Dick Clark's line... in about a month!

7. lizny

lizny Well-Known Member

awww how neat :)

The carpeting ruins the ice so the early morning session gets cancelled for extra ice maintenance which only makes me resent it more. Not that it mattered this year with the killer rainstorm wednesday morning.

8. lizny

lizny Well-Known Member

eeek, duplicate post.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

10. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Disappointing that they didn't feature any skaters at Rockefeller Center :(, but glad they continue to do it at Bryant Park. :D Thanks for the article link and pics.