Robert Culp is Dead

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by missflick, Mar 25, 2010.

1. missflick

missflick New Member

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:( I heard about this last night. What a tragic accident! He was a very good actor, I thought. My grandparents were big I Spy fans too.

3. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Sad, but good that he lived a long life. Others in Hollywood haven't been so fortunate.

4. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Wow, that he didn't die from illness, but instead from a fall. I also remember him from Greatest American Hero, which is one of the first tv shows I actually remember watching from when I was little.

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Very sad news.
    He supported Bill Cosby's casting on "I Spy", over many objections.

Longtime "General Hospital" fans may remember him, as an federal agent, also.

6. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

I don't remember Greatest American Hero the show but I remember the theme song.

7. Nan

Nan Just me

How sad. :(

RIP Mr. Culp.

8. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

He also played the wife's father on Everyone Loves Raymond opposite Katherine Helmond.

9. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Putting on my old-person hat, I remember how (gasp) controversial I Spy was because it had (gasp) a white guy and a black guy! Working as partners!
    In some ways Robert Culp was very brave for taking on that role. It could have been career suicide, until people actually saw that the show worked and that viewers weren't turning it off because of there being a black actor in a lead role.