Riverdance on Ice

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by roxynova, Feb 17, 2011.

1. roxynova

roxynova New Member

This show will air on NBC this Saturday (these shows usually air on Sunday, so make sure to set your schedule or DVR accordingly) - 2/19 from 4-6pm! Also, they will announce the Improv Ice winner at some point during the broadcast.

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder.

3. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this one. Love the skating cast and the Riverdance music/dancing. :encore:

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Yipe, I gotta clear the DVR! It's 95% full (and a lot of that is skating)! :)

6. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder roxynova. I've been looking forward to this particular show since it was taped last year.

It's really windy today (huge wind gusts) where I am and I will be very :( if I lose power and miss this show.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  7. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I hope they show both of Amanda & Mark's programs! :cheer:

8. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Michelle looks fabulous.

and yay, it'll be nice to see Weiss again. Feels like forever since I've seen his skating.

9. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

watching 4CC coverage on CBC right now so only saw part of one number - Weiss - during commercial break and it was great!

10. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Michelle looks gorgeous and for some reason I really want a Pandora bracelet. :lol:

I really enjoyed Michael; his program and the Riverdancers on stage reminded me of Dan Hollanders tap routine short program from Nationals years ago. I remember poor Dan missed every jump but the footwork/choreography made it one of my favorites of the competition. I'm sure he didn't enjoy it as much.

11. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

This has been the most enjoyable skating show I've seen in years.

Tanith & Ben (esp. the first number) were gorgeous. :swoon:

I'm really liking this music.

12. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Tanith and Ben's first number was :swoon:. The second was lovely as well. Loving the show so far.

I have to agree with you on the music Cloudy. And I also have to say that this is the only Disson show where I don't mind the cut aways to the stage dancers or that at times they are the entire focus. Of course I've always been a Riverdance fan, even pre B&K FD.

13. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Awww, Jeremy Abbott is announced this season's Cold-Eeze Improv Ice Champion! Way to go, Jeremy! :D:swoon::encore:

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Kudos to Steven Cousins who was listed as the skating choreographer. Enjoyable show!

15. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

What a lovely show! I was particularly impressed with Shae Lynn's and Michael Weiss's abilities to do Irish stepping on the ice and to best convey the 'Riverdance' style. Todd, too, was quite wonderful, although we didn't see as much of him as we did Shae Lynn and Mike. I love dance as much as skating, so I did not mind the cutting away to the on-stage performers as much as in other Disson specials.

16. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I only saw the last hour because I was watching 4CCs. I enjoyed Shae-Lynn (and also Michael, along with her) the most of who I managed to see. Am I mistaken or was Shae-Lynn wearing her dress from the Seachran OD in 1999?

17. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Yes, that was the Seachran dress.

I think Shae can do Riverdance in her sleep :lol:

18. paskatefan

Loved it - the skaters and the dancers (big fan of Riverdance the show - have seen it twice, and the music). :)

19. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Shae and Michael were doing quite a few moves from B&K's Riverdance program. It was fantastic, but it made me miss Victor. :(

I recognized the Seachran dress right away too! :lol:

It looked like Todd was loving every minute of his program...I don't think I've ever seen him smile so much during a performance!

Steven Cousins has always been a fan favourite, but it his skating was terrible in this show. :shuffle:

20. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Steven looked really out of shape.

21. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

In case anyone missed it, there will be a repeat on Tuesday, March 15th - 6-8 p.m. eastern and Monday, March 21st - 1 a.m. - 3 a.m. eastern on The Hallmark Channel.

22. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Was the March 15 rebroadcast canceled? I don't see it listed on the channel guides today, although it is still listed on the Disson site.

23. paskatefan

I think it's supposed to be rebroadcast on March 17th from 6 to 8 PM EDT on either the Hallmark Channel or the Hallmark Movie Channel. I would check out both, just to be sure.

24. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

It is now scheduled for the 21st - early in the morning - on the Hallmark channel.

25. roxynova

roxynova New Member

I was just on HallmarkChannel.com and see it on the 17th (6pm) as well. Hopefully this is correct! Also see it on my Comcast guide. Could be promising...

26. joemauerlover

joemauerlover New Member

Wow, that was a rough one to watch for me!! defintely not a Riverdance fan, and this show had way too much Riverdance, and not enough skating. Bummed that one of Sasha's routines was chacked. I was hoping they would show it on the Hallmark channel.

Nice to see Steven Cousins, I think this was his one and only Disson show. Love Tanith and Ben too! that sparkly gold dress was stunning on her! Loved Sasha's number and her footwork! And I liked Todd's number too, did he have another number that was chacked too??

27. paskatefan

According to some people I know who attended the live show, Todd had one number, so he wasn't chacked.