Riverdance on Ice

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by roxynova, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Chele615

Chele615 Let's go Anacode!!!

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I saw some pictures recently of the show (thanks Chele!) and those were actually their LP costumes from just this past year. It probably did seem like they wear them all the time since that's the last outfit any casual skating fan saw them wear earlier this year, LOL :lol: Green actually works well for this show since it was a Riverdance theme so they may have brought those on purpose (or just so people would remember who they are since it's been nine months since the Olympics, LOL). Thanks again for all the info and just for the record, I would have been annoyed with that person too but at least they liked the costumes! ;)

3. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Wow, that green dress Sasha wore is gorgeous. I love it!

Excited to see this on TV. I went to Riverdance when it was in Hollywood (I think?) when I was like...14. :D

4. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Thanks for more reviews, video clips, and gorgeous photos! :encore:

5. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I was there too. Totally agree about Sasha's lovely green dress. And, Jeff Buttle never looked better than in his emerald green shirt! Green is definitely his color.

I noticed Tenley Albright and her daughter Elin walking to their seats, ditto for Nancy Kerrigan's husband and kids. Her oldest boy is really turning into a handsome young man!

Nancy and Michelle looked gorgeous in their respective red and blue dresses. I wished they had come back to announce farewells at the end of the show. There was another woman not on the stage doing announcements but none of the skaters were identified during the performance. All the skaters were named at once before they appeared at all. Todd was identified as a six-time Olympic champion. :rofl:

This was Shae-Lynn's time to shine, especially. I was also very impressed with Mike's musicality, which just gets better and better.

This was a terrific show which I hope won't be spoiled by the Disson TV editing. Great concept - hope they can do more of this sort of thing.

6. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Did Shae's dress look familiar to anyone? I could swear it was similar to the one she wore when she and Vic skated an OD using the music Seachran in 1998?

7. nashvilledancer

nashvilledancer New Member

I believe that's right. I recognized it, too. Good use of old costumes in this show (and some brilliant new ones).

8. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

I've uploaded a few more videos, of Joannie Rochette, Jeffrey Buttle, Shae-Lynn, and Evora/Ladwig here: http://www.youtube.com/user/teddyjo26. I'm sorry it's taken me this long.

The one entitled "Ending Number" has Amanda and Mark in the red and black outfits.

9. discoduck

discoduck Bringing Albinoni Back

Oh gosh, I can't wait to see this on TV! I loved the video of Shae's flamenco number.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Thank you so much for the videos! Can I post a link to those on Amanda & Mark's Facebook page? :cheer:

11. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

12. Hooloovoo

Hooloovoo New Member

HeatherC and (deleted member) like this.
  13. BBI*CEO

BBI*CEO New Member

Top Quality HOO!! It was an excellent show!!! The pics are so accurate, one can tell!!

14. LaLola

LaLola New Member

Thank you for the pictures! The are great!

15. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

thanks for the additional pics, Hoo! Just marvelous! :encore:

16. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see it.

17. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

This show airs on NBC today (2/19) from 4-6 pm Eastern -- check your local listings.

18. stevlin

stevlin Member

The winner of the "Improv on Ice" was supposed to be announced on the NBC show yesterday. It wasn't. Anyone know who won the "Improv"?

19. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Jeremy Abbott

20. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

Since I was in the audience for the live taping of Improv Ice in Loveland, CO, I am absolutely flabbergasted that Jeremy Won. :confused: If you see my earlier review of the event, he was the one who fell the most times. Somehow most of the falls were edited out of the performance when they had the performance with the live band. I'm a big Jeremy Fan but the voters were nuts...or maybe they didn't have the full picture due to NBC editing. Still shaking my head over this one!?!

21. stevlin

stevlin Member

I can't believe that Jeremy won the "Improv". I think Jeff Buttle should have won it. His skating is terrific. Jeff won it last year and was easily the best again. Oh well, it really isn't a big deal. Did jeremy win any money or trophy? Thanks for answering my question.

22. joemauerlover

joemauerlover New Member

Did I miss Sasha's second program, or did they not air it?? I really liked Tanith and Ben's programs, but it sure seemed out of order, did they show Tanith and Ben's programs almost back to back??

23. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

Having been there live, my vote went to Sasha. I thought she improved the best but Jeff was a close second in my book. It was really wierd that NBC edited out Jeremy's falls in the second number but did not edit out Evan's crash on the lutz. Anyway, they never mentioned what kind of prize there was for the winner. I'm sure Jeremy is surprised too as it was taped at the beginning of the season when he was having all his major boot problems. But I think it is some validation for Jeremy that he really has some active fans. So hopefully this will give him a boost after missing worlds.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. love skating

love skating Clueless American

No, they didn't show Sasha's other number. I was disappointed because I wanted to see the lovely green dress I saw in pictures. Evora & Ladwig's other number was also not shown.

Regarding Improv Ice - I think they didn't edit out Evan's fall because that was not to live music. During Jeremy's number they had the option of showing the band when he had a mistake.