RIP Richard Griffiths

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Maofan7, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Very sad to hear that actor, Richard Griffiths, has passed away. RIP. He played Uncle Vernon in the Harry Potter movies and Uncle Monty in Withnail & I. He was only 65, and apparently died after complications set in following heart surgery.

As Uncle Vernon in the Harry Potter films, he was famous for the catchphrases: 'I'm warning you' and 'justice!', and for pointing out that there is no post on a Sunday.

As well as his roles in the Harry Potter films and in Withnail & I, he also starred in Pie in the Sky (P2, P3, P4) and The History Boys.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Oh this made me really sad to read :( Bye Uncle Vernon. What a loss. RIP.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Another great talent has left us.
    RIP

4. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm so sad to hear that. He also was an excellent stage actor, winning a Tony and Olivier award for The History Boys.

I was really looking forward to seeing him in a play in October. I bought tickets yesterday.

5. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Aw, that is sad.

I was lucky enough to see him in a play in London a couple of years ago, he really had a great command of the stage. And of course he was fabulous in all his film & tv work.

RIP.

6. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP, Richard. :(

7. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

RIP :(

8. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

RIP, Richard. :(

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

9. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

RIP Richard :(
    I was fortunate enough to see him on stage in London last year - he and Danny Devito were appearing in "The Sunshine Boys" and I snagged a really cheap seat in the front row. I hadn't realized he was actually younger than Danny.