RIP Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by caseyedwards, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

That blog is No More!!

2. jlai

jlai Title-less

I know...got an error message half an hour ago...perhaps too many folks complained about it.

3. caseyedwards

Yes-it was very controversial and maybe there could have been a lawsuit for tons of $$$.

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I, for one, will not miss it. Constantly referring to a young lady below 20 as "hooker nails" is tasteless and inappropriate, whether it is a joke or not. This person took things way too far...

Lanna and (deleted member) like this.
  5. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

It was a total guilty pleasure of mine. :scream:

6. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

It was totally a guilty pleasure but sometimes "Aunt Joyce" was downright rude and mean-spirited. And after seeing several photos of him, he had no place to criticize anyone's looks or fashion choices.

7. jlai

jlai Title-less

I think the entry that id'ed an FSU member was totally out of line (though it might be useful info to some). And the other entries aren't interesting enough for me as I've read most of the news elsewhere.

8. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

I am fairly certain he deleted the blog for personal reasons, nothing to do with actual figure skating or gymnastics drama. He has a new message up on the Aunt Joyce page that says he will be taking a temporary break from the blog.

9. mkats

mkats New Member

His formspring is gone as well.

10. psycho

psycho New Member

I wonder who sued? There are just so many candidates...:shuffle:

11. inflameduntamed

inflameduntamed New Member

I know it wasn't everyone's favorite, but I enjoyed it. Many times it was informative, and I actually thought he was quite intelligent.

Oh well. RIP Aunt Joyce!

12. IceKween

IceKween New Member

No, it's only down temporarily. In fact she just started a new one with a different url address. Same with her formspring. No lawsuits, no drama. And if an adult cannot handle being called hooker nails, then maybe she should rethink it at the manicurists, IMHO. Just a suggestion.

Aunt Joyce will get back to business later. It's off season anyway and she has lots of other more important things to do then be bothered with all the "Is BB or Evan gay?" questions. Chill. Too early to dance on her grave.

13. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Well, that's a shame.

LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  14. LKR

LKR Active Member

15. caseyedwards

It is the off season for figure skating but there was lots of gymnastics too on that blog as well so the deletion of the entire thing I thought indicated total internet departure.

16. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

It's a "he" not a she.

17. senorita

senorita New Member

who is she???Aunt Joyce is a man.
    I prefer examiner blogs anyway and loop and axel blog. He was not intelligent - he was rude. Its the new trend, anyone goes out and bitching 24h per day, and this is spirited humor, right. At first it was funny approach but he was repeating himself, boredom.

TDsk8 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

The 'He' is Dave Lease. <His outing FSU subscriber/s means his identity is fair game>.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  19. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

20. caseyedwards

I had never been to that loop and axel blog and it just raised the question that I sometimes have of not being able to find a blogger who likes Plushenko! I mean it is something!!!

21. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I watched several gymnastics and skating videos that I probably wouldn't have ever seen without that blog. He could have taken a break without deleting everything, but all the archived stuff is gone, so I figure something may have happened. He's mentioned in the past receiving some complaints, but it never seemed to affect him much. So who knows what happened.

22. MikiAndoFan#1

Oh, that's too bad!

:drama:

23. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

what do you guys mean when you say he outed fsu members' identities? did he find their myspaces and post them or sth? I mean if it's on the internet it's public?

I've only read this guy's blog 2 or 3 times, mainly for the michelle stuff, and while I can understand ppl being offended, it's a personal blog right? it's the best place to be snarky lol, but of course you can go overboard

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  24. senorita

senorita New Member

loop and axel hates Plushenko as much as Aj, but this is not my criteria for a good writer or blog, I just like it

If you want hysteria plush bloggers go to live journal ontd, lol!

25. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there was anything sue-worthy. Was anything libelous on there? Sure he was a bitch and called people ugly, fat or untalented, but that's opinion. LutzChat was TEN times worse than that, and that was on public access TV. He did have one blog about Tanith Belbin and accused her of continuing to have a an eating disorder, but this is figure skating, and I doubt anyone is going to get angry enough to sue over being accused of being anorexic. That case is un-winnable anyway.

I think there was one post that did rub me the wrong way, where he made fun of Scott Hamilton's battles with cancer. I may have never liked Scott that much, but that is just wrong and uncalled for.

26. senorita

senorita New Member

He was talking about certain member(s) here and details of their personal lives, judging and discussing with fans of his blog about it, especially in the one unfortuante time I saw his forspringme site. In my books it is pathetic, no matter if it is internet or not.

If he was just sharky he would be fine, he had a fascist attitude towards anyone who dared to disagree in his ice cream blog, like 'you mere mortal know nothing about fs",
    He had repeated that a certain skater paid to win gold in Olys, this was not funny.

27. aymkjb88

aymkjb88 New Member

Whoever Aunt Joyce is, he/she is mean and rude. I hope the blog will be gone forever.

28. MikiAndoFan#1

Forever and ever!

:EVILLE:

Most of what he used to say had nothing to do with skating.

:wall:

29. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

I don't like him, he says my Ry Brad has a mullet :eek: :drama:

30. IceKween

IceKween New Member

I learned alot from AJ's blog. She always put up something interesting wrt skating history, plus gymnastics. Some people don't care for her writing style, but I found the info and take on skating history enjoyable to read. Oh well, different strokes. I can't remember reading anything nasty or horrible that she wrote. I'll miss reading it. She just put up the other day a post that had old Peggy, Dorothy and Kwan programs with interesting commentary. Count me as someone who's sad that all that info is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.