Ricky Martin's Out

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orbitz, Mar 29, 2010.

1. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Martin or your kid? :p

2. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm almost as surprised as when I heard Clay Aiken was gay.

PDilemma and (deleted member) like this.
  3. D&Sfan4ever

D&Sfan4ever Living in a Snark

Really??
    I don't think so, at least not in Argentina. If anything, I think that at least half of his fanbase will be trilled to know they actually have a chance to date him :lol:
    Honestly, like this surprised anyone :rolleyes:, it only confirmed what everybody "knew" for decades in latinamerica, or in Argentina at least. a few years ago there where pictures of him taken at his Miami place in which he appeared alone with a very well known gay argentinian TV personality. Everybody just asumed...
    His fanbase here didn't shrink one bit because of that then, so I don't think it will now.

4. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ah, yes, Cup of Life, that was the performance! :swoon: Sweet young boy.

5. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Welcome. :)

P.S. If you're ever in town, call me. PLEASE!!!! :swoon:

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  6. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

I've never been a huge Ricky Martin fan, but this made him so much more attractive :) I love when people get closer to being authentic.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  7. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:lol:

8. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I see how it is, Peter G. First you go after my ice dancin' Mormon boy, now my Grammy winning superstar. :drama:

9. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

EYS, that was my thought too. :rofl:

(((no harm intended, dbell, not that it would be at all a problem if indeed your son did come out))) ;)

10. DanRad

DanRad New Member

Don't really know the guy, but I've been hearing about the rumors for quite a while.

Yeah, I've been hearing about Anderson Cooper as well. Who's next?

11. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Ross the intern?

12. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

PML! I thought this was about some skater I never heard of. I was also a bit confused by the Plushenko's out thread. :eek: :lol:

13. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

It is interesting that they both seem to have been motivated by becoming fathers.From his website:
    I couldn't care less what the sexual orientation of a celebrity is, but I'm always happy for someone if they can escape the incessant pressure from the media to get them to out themselves.

14. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with either. As long as my son loves and is loved in return - it's all I want for him. :) Of course, son has no rhythm and has a thing for blonds with tudes - heaven help me as he grows older. :lol:

I now need to go download some Ricky stuff - I forgot how much I liked the old songs.

Wonder if Ricky's adopted sons dance around the living room too? :)

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ew, hell no. We DO NOT (... NOT NOT NOT NOT) want him! :EVILLE:

16. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I wish every little gay boy and girl had a mom like you. :)

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I'm glad he felt comfortable enough to do it. Closets are awfully small, even in Hollywood.

18. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Hey...it was ME who reported on the Mormom cowboy. And I was a Ricky Martin fan before he even thought or recording in English! :D

19. DanRad

DanRad New Member

Oh gawd. He can stay in the closet for as long as wants. No pressure, Ross.

Plushenko? Really?...nah - don't believe that one. But his rival? :yikes:

20. IceKween

IceKween New Member

He is?!?! Yep, that is much more shocking to me. :lol: I never would have imagined that one. Dayum.

21. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Finally!!!

22. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

I love Ross the Intern. He is a huge figure skating fan girl, and I loved all of his Turin videos. Someone posted a video of him stalking Michelle Kwan at Worlds last year until he finally got her to do an interview with him. :lol:

23. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say it's any kind of surprise, but I'm glad he feels comfortable enough to "come out." He's a wonderful artist and performer.

24. canbelto

canbelto Well-Known Member

What a shocker. Next: the world reacts in disbelief as Ryan Seacrest admits he's gay.

25. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I thought that was always clear - that he is they gayest person after that Aiken guy.

I remember hearing Kathy Griffin making jokes on Seacrest's manhood and how "into women he is".

On the other hand - I do not think Anderson Cooper will come out. He made it clear that his personal life is all together not on the table for general public.

26. Choupette

Choupette Well-Known Member

Sadly, I heard this live but didn't bother watching at the time. :duh: However, he doesn't dance very well... :eek:

I also heard Un Dos Tres Maria and La Copa de la vida first. I bought his CD without ever having seen him before. I remember being :eek: when I saw how good looking he was on the CD! :lol:

27. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Anderson Cooper was on, I think it was 60 Minutes, the other night, swimming with sharks, not in a cage but with some lunatic who thought it was a great idea, which only made Anderson look crazy too. Anyway, I would think there would be some release in coming out. But to each his own. I am glad that Ricky did it because his twins would have figured it out sooner or later, and one shouldn't lie to kids. But I am still mad at Barbara Walters, apparently her asking him on camera affected his work requests afterwards.

28. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

As it should be, if that's how he likes it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if someone outed him.

29. Louis

Louis Tinami 2012

He already has been, more or less. It's an open secret in Atlanta and in New York.

30. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Yes, but it's still his decision whether he "announces" it or not.