1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richard Dornbush article

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

2. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

It's a good article, I'm excited to see his long program - the music is great but it has a lot to live up to as his Sherlock program because it was my favorite of last year. I am reallllly hoping he is able to get the quad. I was hoping it was pretty consistent by now because he's been working on it a while but it seems he still has a ways to go. Hopefully he is able to master it soon!!

And then the inner twelve year old in me just thinks he's so cute playing the guitar. :) And happy birthday to him tomorrow!!!

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article on one of my favorite skaters.

I look forward to seeing his Lone Ranger LP. I'll bet it's just as good as 'Sherlock Holmes'. And I'm not normally a fan of blues music in FS, but I'll reserve judgment on his SP until I see it.

I was also hoping he'd be further along with the Quad. It sounds like he is where he was last year - hit some, miss some which surprises me because he has such good air on many of his jumps! He will need it to move up in the ranks.

ETA - I like his neater haircut, though

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Okay, I see what looks very suspiciously like a violin case behind him (to the right). Who brought their fiddle to Champs Camp? Charlie?

5. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Both Richard and Charlie play violin! Richard made some comment about wanting to start a violin band w/ Charlie and have Meryl be the singer or something, lol.

6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

AWESOME. BIG nerd points. I want footage. Of their bona fide violin band. Whatever the heck that is. <snort> (said lovingly by a fellow violinist) Aren't there some other skaters who are fabulous pianists or something? They should have a skater pick-up band/orchestra every year at Champs Camp.

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Watch it -- my inner twelve year old is gonna scratch your inner twelve year old's eyes out! :D

Seconding the happy birthday! And it's great to finally read some in-depth stuff about his programs.

8. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Yasmin Siraj is very good at piano, and Armin's pretty good, as well. I am sure there are many more. But it's a duel of violins that I really want to see:)

9. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

:swoon: :encore: