Richard Dornbush article

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

It's a good article, I'm excited to see his long program - the music is great but it has a lot to live up to as his Sherlock program because it was my favorite of last year. I am reallllly hoping he is able to get the quad. I was hoping it was pretty consistent by now because he's been working on it a while but it seems he still has a ways to go. Hopefully he is able to master it soon!!

And then the inner twelve year old in me just thinks he's so cute playing the guitar. :) And happy birthday to him tomorrow!!!

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article on one of my favorite skaters.

I look forward to seeing his Lone Ranger LP. I'll bet it's just as good as 'Sherlock Holmes'. And I'm not normally a fan of blues music in FS, but I'll reserve judgment on his SP until I see it.

I was also hoping he'd be further along with the Quad. It sounds like he is where he was last year - hit some, miss some which surprises me because he has such good air on many of his jumps! He will need it to move up in the ranks.

ETA - I like his neater haircut, though

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Okay, I see what looks very suspiciously like a violin case behind him (to the right). Who brought their fiddle to Champs Camp? Charlie?

5. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Both Richard and Charlie play violin! Richard made some comment about wanting to start a violin band w/ Charlie and have Meryl be the singer or something, lol.

6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

AWESOME. BIG nerd points. I want footage. Of their bona fide violin band. Whatever the heck that is. <snort> (said lovingly by a fellow violinist) Aren't there some other skaters who are fabulous pianists or something? They should have a skater pick-up band/orchestra every year at Champs Camp.

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Watch it -- my inner twelve year old is gonna scratch your inner twelve year old's eyes out! :D

Seconding the happy birthday! And it's great to finally read some in-depth stuff about his programs.

8. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Yasmin Siraj is very good at piano, and Armin's pretty good, as well. I am sure there are many more. But it's a duel of violins that I really want to see:)

9. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

:swoon: :encore: