Riazanova & Tkachenko Cheer thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by DaiKozOda, Apr 23, 2012.

1. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

From all the senior russian ice-dance couples, Riazanova & Tkachenko seem to have the most interesting dances. They still have to work hard to make their way to the top and to be regarded as contenders. Still, I find them great to watch.

What do you think about Riazanova & Tkachenko?

Plus, please post here all updates and articles about them.

2. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I like them but they seem to not have the charisma/crowd appeal of Elena/Nikita.. although Ekaterina/Dmitri are lacking in this too.. actually Riazanova/Tkachenko are my favourite of the current Russian ice dance teams.

3. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Yes! I like them a lot! They certainly have room to grow as an ice dance team, but I'm rooting for them to make that progress. Tckachenko is :inavoid: (his skating, too :p ) and Riazanova is beautiful. She does have a lot to improve on, but I think she's made solid improvement since they became a team. I agree that they have the best dances, and I hope that's a trend that continues.

They are going to Canton for the summer, no? I think I remember reading that but I wasn't sure and I can't seem to find the article at the moment. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

4. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

Thank you for starting this thread. I thought I was the only one who loved these.
    She kinda reminds me of a young Marina Anissina.
    I first saw her at Junior Worlds in 09'.
    I don't think they are bland at all. I thought their SD this season was one of the best.
    I really hope they improve next season as they are so much better IMO than Bob/Sol.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  5. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I like them a lot. Probably even best of all the current Russian Ice Dance teams right now (love I/K but I probably will never forgive that they left Zhulin :drama:).
    It's a pity they don't have any political power :/
    Their SD in 10/11 was my favorite one, so :swoon: and Tkachenko is the new king of OTT emoting :rofl:

6. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I like them, I only hope that they will get more modern programs next season.
    Tkachenko┬┤s OTT emoting entertains me a lot:lol:

7. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Oh I love them. I've quite liked Tkachenko since he was skating with Gorshkova and won a World Juniors bronze medal. :D I'm glad he has survived several partner changes and could team up with Riazanova. So go R/T! :cheer2:

8. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I really enjoy watching them and hope they move up the rankings this year.

9. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

I read about that as well. At first I thought that they had switched coaches but apparently Gorshkov will travel to Canton with them. I hope they learn a lot with S&Z! I believe that with the right package they can make the move.

In the meanwhile here's a video to their SD at Skate America 2010:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrcbr_v3E-8&feature=related

Beautiful!

10. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I forgot about that 2010-2011 SD. That is where R/T looked the best and gave them deserved attention. I don't know about political power but level power is needed. There really isn't any reasons that they should get level ones on nearly every spin, step sequence, and lifts they do sometimes.

11. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I think their 2011/2012 FD was one of the finest of the year. If Tarkovsky choreographed figure skating, I think he'd do something like that.

12. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Here is the link that quiqie posted on the russian figure skating thread:
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120424/593415258.html

13. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I love this team, and this is exactly the move I had hoped for them. ;)

I felt sure the Russian Fed would try again ,after the K/A attempt was ended by injury, and I've been murmuring " Please let it be R/T " ever since.

To me , they have more of the aura of a couple than either B/S or I/K..There's something intangible ,hard to articulate that sets them apart , and it's been very sad to me that their potential wasn't being realized.

I wish them the best , and expect good things.

14. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

That's an interesting idea... Now that you've mentioned it, yes, I think the music especially fits the mood of Tarkovsky's films.

I like Riazanova and Tkachenko - he's an excellent skater (though I still have a problem with his OTT emoting:D) and she's very beautiful, but they have a number a problems, like the lack of speed and her poor skating skills, both of which are very obvious when you watch them live. Not sure Zueva and Shpilband can solve the latter.

15. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

With all the mess that happened in Canton, does anybody have a clue if Riazanova&Tkachenko are still in the USA?

16. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

If they had any sense, they're in Novi with Igor! :)

I'm in 2 minds about this pair. I used to really like them both when they were skating with different partners. His partner had to retire, which was a real shame - they skated with a lot of verve and feeling and life, which I feel he has lost a bit.

She used to skate with Guerreiro and were my favorite junior team - they had the only Bond based FD I've ever liked. Then they suddenly broke up - I still dont know why [hint - anybody].

I think T is a better skater than G so this should have been a step up, but instead it seems to me like they both stagnated and neither of them look as good as they did with their old partner. I kept thinking they need time to gel, but it's been like 3[?] years now. If anything, they look worse, not better.

Igor is exactly what they need, but they need to train with him full time - not just for a summer. I'm certain they have the potential to be contenders, but the coach they have now is not going to do it for them. I'm hoping they make a full split and just stay with Igor.

When K/N split up he had the chance to skate with Jana but decided to stay with Riazanova. I wonder if he regrets that now. He must have thought they'd progress faster than they have. They really need a coaching change badly.

I'm a little worried for their prospects if they cant pull it together this season. The Russian junior teams are strong, and this year Bob/Sol and M/K have Zhulin for their coach and choreographer. I expect strong programs from both of them. In addition, I/K seem to be the favorite of the international judges and this year Sin/Zhig - who I think could be the next Russian superstars - are skating senior as well.

Unless they go to Igor full time, I can see them at risk of not making the worlds team.

17. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

18. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

19. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member