Revenge - Season One

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Wednesdays at 10pm on ABC. Seems like from the TV dramas thread that this show is getting the most attention, so deserves it's own thread! :cheer2:

If you haven't been tuning in like everyone else at FSU ;) then check out this 9 minute Sneak Peak.

Or a prime beefcake moment.

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I like Revenge but like I said I doubt that there is enough material for a multi season tv series. But I will stay tuned for now.

3. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I love Emily VanCamp, so I tuned in last week. It definitely held my interest and Emily's various dresses were GORGEOUS. I agree that it's hard to imagine this show lasting multiple seasons, but I'll be watching for now as well.

4. soxxy

soxxy Guest

If the show is renewed midseason, then I'd bet that Daniel survived or that wasn't him on the beach. In that case, Emily/Amanda can move into the Grayson mansion (her rental will be up) with her fiancee and cause all sorts of chaos. That should get them through at least one full season.

5. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I was wondering how they would keep this show going as well, but I'm sure they have thought of that if they decided to make this a show.

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Not really a spoiler as it could be nothing but just in case:

On IMDB, one of the crew is credited as "The Body." Could be just for the convenience, ie no need to mess up their lead actor, or it could be that it's not Daniel.

I think they could extend this in a variety of ways. There's much speculation already that Daniel is not dead by the end of the summer, which could open up all kinds of things - who it actually is, where Daniel might be, if he's run off or he's working with Emily in some way.

Another option is the original crime and frameup of her father - a lot more could come out in the case that makes it more complicated, so we end up with as much a mystery unraveling as a simple revenge on all the people in that picture. Already they've told us that there's an underlying scheme beyond a simple frameup in the argument between Victoria and her husband that hinted at the real motivations for what happened. Then we get into all the grey areas of who is really good or evil, and who might actually want to work *with* Emily, whether they know what she's doing or not.

Plus, everyone seems to have secrets. :)

One thing to keep an eye out for - might be worth rewatching - is who was at the engagement party. In other words, who has yet to be killed or sent back to the city in disgrace by the end of the summer. Victoria's whole family was there (inc daughter), boat guy was alive but apparently not invited to the party but his brother was there, tech billionaire is also there, and I think her friend the party planner?

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love tv murder! i hope that my new show jinx doesnt extend to revenge.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:lol: One of the links I provided in my first post was of episode two, and I started thinking, "damn, have I already missed an episode???" Luckily that was a sneak preview. Whew! :rofl:

The first year might be about Emily's revenge, and the havoc that ensues. Which would set up year two, Victoria Grayson's (Madeleine Stowe) revenge. Which would set up year three, the revenge of...? Stay tuned! :D

TV Goddesses...PLEASE don't kill of the hottest guy on the show!! :grope:

9. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I loved American Dreams and October Road (not t.v. murders). At least they both lasted more than one season!

10. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I'm borrowing some posts from the TV dramas thread as episode two is fast approaching and wanted some good thoughts to use to bump up this thread. :D

Ratings for last week's 10pm shows (much thanks, AliasJohnDoe!):

CBS: "CSI" season premiere (12.6 million, 7.8/13)
    ABC: "Revenge" series premiere (10.15 million, 6.7/11)
    NBC: "Law & Order: SVU" season premiere (7.6 million, 5.0/8)

11. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I am tearing myself away from the insanity of baseball so I can get back into Revenge mode. Can't wait for the show tonight! :biggrinbo

12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

We have had bad storms tonight and the damn satellite is acting a fool. I guess I will have to watch tomorrow online.

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Whoa. Arrow to the gut. One more red X.

And, it looks like multiple people will be out for revenge.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  14. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

So good. So intense.

People better watch out! I like that Emily/Amanda isn't the only one seeking revenge; in a situation like hers is turning out to be, more than one person gets hurt. I can't wait to see everything unfold, the storyline is fantastic. It might not last for too many seasons, but I'd rather see it be only three seasons tops than have it run on and on with no clear intentions or end in sight just to keep it going.

I'm forgetting the man's name, but poor Jack's Dad :( Also, I really just want to see Emily loosen up and cuddle with the puppy at some point!

15. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Emily had better watch out for Nolan, he's a loose cannon who may have a crush on boat guy and start blabbing to people to fit in. I'm not sure I buy his grateful routine that Emily's dad was the only one to believe in his upstart company. He said the same thing to her in the same way in the first episode.

16. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I love this show. Haven't enjoyed a drama so much since Lost!

17. rfisher

I agree. I don't think we know his whole story by a long shot.

18. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a network drama. I do worry about the thinness of the plot. I'd rather see them do a really strong two seasons and end it than try to drag it three or four seasons.

19. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I love that Emily slept with Lydia's husband. The Hedge Fund Guy has to know that Emily must know that he was conned by Emily. Maybe Lydia and Hedge Fund Guy (who always plays jerks on television) can pair up and go after Emily--PLEASE!

The Revenge story tonight shows how little Emily cares about the collateral damage. A lot of those employees had nothing to do with the conspiracy and are now out of work (and poorer--they probably have money in those investments).

I'm still trying to figure what Nolan wants from Jack. Just, so Jack can pick at Emily/Amanda?

20. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

I'm really liking Revenge too. Glad we have our own thread for it. :)

21. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

You're welcome. :D

Only 35 minutes until tonight's episode begins!!! :cheer2:

22. BigB08822

I got to watch it after all, my DVR recorded just fine even though at the time I couldn't get the TV to work. Maybe I had the time mixed up in my head? Anyway, on to the episode:

First, I am so jealous when I watch this show. I want to be uber rich! Nolan is a loose canon and Emily better watch out. (By the way, I have decided to just call her Emily from now on.) I am really curious to see what his motives are with the other guy. Why does he want his boat so bad, why does he want to be friends? The investment guy that got screwed this episode definitely has to know that Emily did this. He will surely come back at her but maybe she will cover herself by claiming that she also lost a lot of money so why would she have done that on purpose. I guess she is so rich she can throw a lot away to get back at someone. I actually thought this show was going to start with us finding out that Emily slept with Lydia's husband since we heard about his affair with a younger girl. However, was it really with this Emily or with another Emily and Amanda took her identity? Maybe Emily was murdered? I don't know, it just seems awfully risky because Lydia's husband would clearly not want her around his wife and where has he been, anyway? There seems to be something missing there. The one thing I didn't like was that Emily hurt a lot of innocent people with her investment mishap. That told me a little more about her mindset, that she doesn't care if others get hurt in the process so long as she gets her revenge. I thought she would be a little more calculated and find a way to not hurt innocent people, since she obviously has put a ton of time and money into all of this. I keep waiting for her to just kill someone, come on Emily, do it!

23. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Can one person be as smart as Emily? (Especially at such a younge age?) She has everything planned out so meticulously, and so much of it is way over my head!! :rofl:

Revenge (cast) gossip: Josh Bowman (Daniel) says no, no, no, to romance! (January 2009 article)

:(

But did Emily sleep with Lydia's husband? Or does Emily just want Victoria to think that? Hmmm....! :D

Wouldn't he just think that Emily had incorrect information?

Not at all. These are financial people. They have diversified investments and have an eight month emergency fund (a la Suzie Orman)!

There is a lot to Nolan's story, it's going to take time until we get to know everything that he is about... :eek:

Nolan wants to play matchmaker and see that Emily and Jack get together and live happily ever after. :)

Maybe now it looks like Nolan and Emily do not have a good connection, so now people will not think that are working together in some way...

Apparently revenge is sweeter than murder...

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Ya think? :rofl:

I think they set it up so that we wouldn't feel too bad for them. Post bailout etc, the idea that a few people who probably have too much money anyway lost it because they were greedy isn't so bad, and isn't it kind of fun to see rich people take each other out. Little old ladies living off pensions don't usually invest in hedge funds.

Agree with the comment that we will soon have multiple revenge stories here - Nolan looks like he's scheming to get back at all those who don't accept him socially (why would he hang around this crowd otherwise?), now we have Jack and his younger brother perhaps out for revenge, certainly Victoria, Lydia is still in play ... lots to play with here.

In seeing the "previously on," it looks like Emily is distressed at the idea that Daniel is out on the beach - so perhaps she does actually fall in love with him, and either is starting to feel like revenge isn't all that it's cracked up to be, or she didn't kill him and it's someone else's vendetta that is now crossing over hers.

Anyway, LOVE it. You can tell the creator/writer/producer spent time working on the OC - lots of the better elements of that show, only with a minimal number of whiny high schoolers. :p

25. rfisher

I fervently hope Nolan does have his own plans and some may be at odds with Emily's. That would really layer in another depth of unpredictablity. And, I'm curious as to how young was he when he went to E/A's father for help? He doesn't look much older than she is. We know he was there when she got out of juvi or reform school or jail (whereever she was) and that had already happened, but he must have been a teenager when he made his :bribe:

26. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I think ABC planted a seed in the promos with the red Xs and what looked like poison going into the soup that these people would be murdered. The promos made it seem like the show was going to be really dark, which I would have been okay with, but I'm still hooked.

Based on what we've seen so far, I don't see Emily/Amanda killing Daniel, so I'm really curious to see how it pans out with the body on the beach.

27. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Forgot to watch last night. Wednesday has too much on at once, and I'm also a computer geek, so I have to fit gaming in there somewhere as well :(. I'll have to watch online.

28. BigB08822

I wonder if Nolan killed Daniel because it wasn't in his master plan of setting Emily back up with Jack? Although, as many people here speculated, maybe it isn't Daniel at all?

29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

After last night I wonder if it's Charlotte's nasty boyfriend, killed by Jack to avenge his father and brother. Seems a bit too easy, but at the same time, either it's Daniel or it's a red herring we're supposed to wonder about all season (like we already are :lol:).

I just feel like there's more to the sand on Emily's hand. Shooting someone on the beach doesn't give you sand on your hand. At the moment, my feeling is that Daniel has run off and he and Emily are working together in some way.

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

But as we've seen from the Madoff scandal, while the little old ladies may not, their pension funds regularly do, and so do a lot of charity endowments. But this show is hardly realistic, so I didn't spend too much time worrying about this.

I just watched the first two episodes, and so far I really like it. It's a nice frothy fun show with lots of pretty people and scenery, but I think it will get darker as things go on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.