Revenge - Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bostonfan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

The ABC site should have it

2. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

Hulu.com

3. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Hulu will have it up approximately 24-ish (normally less) hours after it airs. It's how I've been watching :) But Hulu's been super irritating for me recently. Don't know if it's me or China or if it's Hulu, but I'd check out both ABC and Hulu and see which works better.

4. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'm all about some Emaiden. She's the only one she's had chemistry with, and honestly, she's done/been through so much, how the hell could she possibly pick up and play happy houses with Jack? And I don't think she could ever be a Grayson. EVER.

Aiden is smarter, hotter, and is the only one we've seen on this show that (so far) understands Emily. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of lurrrve quadrangles, but after the first couple of episodes, bringing on this character makes a lot of sense to me. Plus, it gives us nifty Emily backstory.

5. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I'm all for Nomily. Nolan is the one guy she can trust

6. michiruwater

I would never believe Nolan and Emily. It just doesn't work at all. They feel like siblings too me and I would be seriously squicked if they got together.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love them like siblings, i wish she would just accept that the universe (and mlp!) wants them to be together platonically and be nicer to him.

8. michiruwater

That too. He doesn't deserve the abuse she gives him and it's getting old. Like, she continually compromises her revenge-y plans for the likes of Jack and Daniel, but she won't let Nolan, who is a truly awesome friend and has been working with her fabulously from the very beginning and loves her so very much, in at all? Irritating. I mean, yeah, she's had a few moments where she clearly cares about him, but they're few and far between and mostly she just uses him and then tosses him aside with no thank you like a wet rag.

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I like Emanda & Aiden too. He's totally hot and definitely understands her way better than anyone else. I also like her and Nolan's sibling like relationship. I don't have siblings myself but isn't it normal for siblings to not always get along but totally have each other's backs? That sounds like Nolan and Emanda for sure. This show is SO good and so much fun. I can't wait to see what happens next! :)

10. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

She did say to save the baby, but didn't say "before me."

Ahhh, the coma - favorite of TV writers everywhere.

11. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Coco beat me to it, but yes, she said save the baby to Emily, when she was on the stretcher being put into the ambulance.

I sometimes think, that she keeps him at arms length because she cares about him. Not, initially, since she really didn't know who he was. But, after she learned about Nolan's relationship to her father and realized his true desire to help her, I think she worries that if he gets too involved he might get hurt or killed. I love the sibling relationship, and yes sibs can be :argue:

12. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

The Declan/Jack saga is truly awful. I can't sum up any interest in the agenda of that guy who is working with the kid who brought Declan to steal things. I suppose it's possible it falls into the larger narrative, but it's clunky writing. I also feel like the Nolan/Padma relationship was rushed (although I LOL when the box collapsed just when he went in for this kiss).

I wasn't wowed by this episode. But I still like the soapiness aspect of the main story. And I like the ongoing questions:

1) What was in the frame that Padma picked up that made her stop and stare at it? I didn't catch it.

2) Has Amanda's mother been aware of where Fauxmanda is all this time? Or are we supposed to believe she hasn't bothered searching until now? And WTF with trying to keep young Amanda under the water? Victoria says the mother wanted to kill Amanda? We know WHM tried to kill Emily (and knew that Emily was the real Amanda Clark), but did WHM ever tell the mother about "Emily" before he went missing?

Things that make you go hmmmm

13. my little pony

it looked like it was a framed check. like when he started his business he wrote his father a check for the start up costs or something but i didnt catch the amt

14. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

It was from David Clarke.

And Emanda's mother did try to kill her. That's what she was trying to remember underwater in the first episode this season and what Victoria told fauxmanda before she did a header off the balcony.

15. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I'm getting downton & revenge confused, wondering if Mrs. Hughes will bring a wet nurse for Jack and Fauxmanda's baby. LOL!

And is it me or did Emanda's acting skills totally improve this year?

16. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I think so too. Maybe she is just better at playing a nicer person :)

17. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I thought it was implied. She told Emily "Whatever happens, they have to save the baby. Make sure they save the baby". Emily replied "Everything is going to be fine" and Amanda just gave her the ear piece and said "take this". I thought it was pretty clear Amanda wanted the baby saved over her?

This. David Clarke gave Nolan the money to start up the company. That's why the cheque was framed. Also, MommyKara did try to kill Emily, as Victoria said and as Emily remembered right at the end.

One question though. How did Aiden end up back at Emily's place? And also...am I the only one who doesn't feel she has any chemistry with Aiden at all? I'm not a Jack shipper either, but I don't feel it with Aiden.

18. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I can't believe I missed Revenge live so I could watch Hanyu strip on the ice! This episode was AMAZING! Also, that bit with Declan and Charlotte? So touching.

You know Padma is totally a cold-stoned bitch. I mean, she didn't go back to see her dying mom because of a job *interview*?

19. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

It is a interesting turn of events to find that Emanda's mother tried to kill her, and WHM tried to do the same. I get the feeling that mother lost track of Amanda long ago, and sprung into action upon hearing that she was in danger - or rather that she was alive perhaps. That scene at the hospital bed was beyond creepy - is she there to take care of her and make up for past sins, or to finish her off for good?

If so, she's either completely nuts, or there's a reason for it - perhaps Emanda is not David's daughter after all, but rather the child of someone mother thinks is eville, and of course the first thought there is Conrad.

As for the Jack/Declan story, :yawn:x1000. Jack was supposed to be a hero in this - a good guy, but not a boring stupid guy. Ditto Declan - a good guy, someone young and stupid, but not THAT stupid.

And for Nolan - I was liking getting to know NolCorp, but they've suddenly decided he's completely in love with Emily, which I don't like - I'm for the sibling relationship that worked so well last season - just to make him vulnerable to whatever Padma's up to - which is clearly something to do with David Clarke now. She's given Emily a few looks that might have been simple rivalry, but now may be that she has an idea of who Emily really is. Remember that as CFO you'd be privy to who the shareholders are, and Amanda Clarke has a 49% interest in NolCorp (or maybe Emily Thorne does, which would still lead Padma to wonder why this woman has such a huge interest in the company, and she could easily put 2+2 together - especially now that she knows that David Clarke was actually an early *investor* in the company and therefore his heirs might retain a significant interest).

I don't like that Nolan, who is capable of finding out anything about anyone very easily, hired Padma for such a crucial position in his company - one privy to everything and with a great deal of power - without any checking whatsoever.

20. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I would think it was plausible that she never looked for Amanda. She was told by the WHM and Victoria that Amanda was being cared for or taken care of by someone else. At this point we have no idea how long it took Kara to go from being held prisoner by WHM until the point where they trusted each other. Whatever happened in the years since she left the hospital and was found at the motel more than likely put into her mind that she was living a new life away her daughter - whether she was told a lie by WHM or if she decided to let that part of her life go.

As for the WHM telling her about Emily, I'm thinking no. He doesn't seem to have told anyone what he knew. I'm guessing he was holding onto that information for leverage.

21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I thought it was her Grandmother? I missed my grandfather's funeral because I was on the other side of the world. It happens.

I don't know that Nolan is in love with Emily, is he? I thought he was just upset that she continually freezes him out. Padma is jealous because she thinks Nolan was with Emily, from his introduction of 'my Emily' to thinking they were living together rather than he just stayed for a couple of nights.

But yes, she surely has to know sooner or later that Emily owns nearly half the company! Unless she's a silent partner, but even so...

22. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Does anybody else wonder what these people do when they are not at the summer house? How they get along, who they have problems with, who dies, etc.? You'd think they'd never go back to the Hamptons since that's where all the bad stuff happens.

23. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

:lol: Isn't that why Nolan sold his house there?

I think a great strength of the show is that it is SO ridiculous and unlikely, and yet we don't get hung up on it. We embrace it!

24. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me that Amanda's mom hasn't been searching for her. After all, she did try to kill her daughter. She doesn't strike me as the loving motherly type. She might have been happy starting a life of her own and convinced herself that Amanda is better off without her. Of course, I think part of her still cares and that is why she ran to the wrong Amanda's bedside upon hearing about her accident. I wonder if she will see "Emily" any time soon? You would think a mother would recognize her daughter, even if she is all grown up now.

25. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I just started watching this show and quickly caught up via netflix and hulu and I'm hooked. Yes, it's ridiculous. But I love it.

26. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Did they name the baby Carl??! :eek:

Amanda's mom totally creeps me out but I think that's how it's supposed to be. :p

27. lulu

lulu New Member

I know, I know-it's addicting. :lol:I got hooked this summer watching reruns.

28. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Awwww (((((Nolan)))))

"Do you gag a little when you say that? Honestly?" :rofl:

Awwww ((((Emanda)))))

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  29. my little pony

i'm holding out hope he gets a nickname or something

30. ssminnow

ssminnow Active Member

what's the significance of Amily's back? Treadwell seemed to have picked up something.