Revenge - Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bostonfan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Funny - the first thing that crossed my mind was Emily lifting up the 20 year old sheet on the bed. They should have cracked in her hands. And where was the dust and cobwebs? It looked like someone had just gotten out of the bed.

Yeah, things are always so convenient to find on shows like this. But I loved the episode. (Also the one the week before reminding everyone of what happened in the first season. Nolan's narration made me laugh out loud. He sounded like he was reading a story to first graders. And then the snarky, clever comments.)
  2. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Unless I'm going mad, it was a male with a wedding ring?
  3. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Hmm, I didn't spot that, but could be. Not that that really rules anyone out. Either Jack or Daniel could be married by Labour Day. We don't know anything about Takeda's assistnt yet. Or, like last year, could be someone we haven't met yet ...
  4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Saw a screen cap - there's a ring. At first I thought they might try to trick us into thinking it was a man - there was what appeared to be a suit cuff and a largish hand, and yet bloating could have caused that - but I guess it is in fact a man.

Could be anyone - Jack could be in line for a shotgun wedding, but there are any number of reasons someone might have a ring on who isn't even married, and of course it could be someone we haven't met yet.

Apparently the reveal will be in ep 14, so plenty of time for the writers to change their minds, like I'm sure they did last season to keep the spoilers at bay.
  5. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Didn't anyone else notice the compass or pocket watch in/near the hand in the water? And then Jack was handling that same item, when he was in bed, on the boat.
  6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Yeah that was pretty clear. Either it's a simple red herring - in an ep where Jack appears to be rather miserable and hanging out on his boat more - or it was simply a little touch for continuity.
  7. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I didn't notice that bit. (I'm beginning to think I'm a terribly unobservant person. :shuffle:) But that fact to me says that it's definitely not Jack and a deliberate misdirect. Plus the fact I don't really think they'd kill him off ...
  8. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Yes, but given that it's Jack's boat, it's logical to assume that those things would be on the boat regardless of who the body belongs to. It's not even really a red herring IMO. If people didn't remember (or didn't watch Season 1), the mere sight of "Amanda" on the boat would not have indicated that it was Jack's boat. So I think the compass and picture were for casual/new viewers.
  9. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I dunno, as soon as I saw the body my first thought was, "Oh, okay, so faux-Amanda finally dies." I mean, she's the only other character that wears flannel regularly and I doubt they're killing Jack, and then she's finally, you know, dead. And gone. And they don't have to deal with her character anymore :shuffle:
  10. RomyNL

RomyNL Well-Known Member

I think it is faux-Amanda dead, she's the only major character who's not on the Season 2 cast promo photo... her and Lydia
  11. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I hope it's her, she's of no use to the plot anymore.
  12. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it is someone we haven't met yet. Aren't some people from Conrad and Victoria's past supposed to show up this season?
  13. cruisin

I agree. I was just responding to other's posts that there were no clues. This was a clue, but probably one to mislead.
  14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

This show is just genius. I still laugh when I remember how many of us were wondering how a show like this could possibly last more than 1 season. :lol: I love the fact that it appears Emily is going from the hunter to the hunted. Thank goodness they went ahead and revealed that Victoria was alive. We all knew she wasn't dead so it would have been a waste of time to drag that out.
    Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  15. talulabell

talulabell New Member

Finally got a chance to watch the premier. So happy this show is back!

There were cobwebs on the wrist restraint... she had to brush them away to see the infinity marking, but there wasnt nearly enough dust on that sheet. should have been like an inch thick!

As for Lydia and the others on the plane, do we know they're dead? couldnt it be that the feds knew the plane was rigged, so they got everyone off, and they're all hiding separately? Vicky, not knowing WHM (that does mean White Haired Man, right?) was the saboteur, contacted him about staying in touch with the Charlotte.
  16. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I wonder how long this show can go on without someone else working out who Emily really is? I mean, how are they going to explain it if/when she finds her mother?

Daniel and Ashley have no chemistry and clearly aren't meant to last. I feel bad for Daniel though - he clearly still loves Emily, and she's still got a soft spot for him even though she loves Jack.

I'd love to see her come clean with Daniel. And with Charlotte. And Victoria, in fact. I'd love to see the shock on Vicky's face!
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the body belongs to Conrad. Or Speedy. :shuffle:
  18. Bostonfan

I'm curious how the WHM is going to play this. He knows Emily is Amanda because she told him. But she likely told him because she planned on killing him. But then she backed off killing him. So if he isn't planning on telling the Graysons, then just what is he going to do with that info?
  19. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I wondered about that too. Didn't he say something about them being on the same side? She could have killed him and didn't...maybe he feels he owes her one?

He probably knows about clam cam already :lol:
  20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

After a Revenge marathon this weekend, I'm caught up with last season. I'm almost current!
  21. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

The Grayson's make Emily look like a kindergärtner. :lol:

So, who's the guy trying to set up dumb Declan?

Your fashionably dressed, technologically savvy sidekick. I want one!
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  22. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Revenge is so amazingly delicious. :watch:
  23. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I absolutely love this show. It's SO good this year! :swoon: :cheer: :yikes:
  24. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

RIP, White Haired Man.

Victoria's phonecall to Conrad was fantastic. She is so bloody evil--love it!!!
  25. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Who killed the WHM? Did we see him earlier in the episode? Do I need to rewatch? Yes? Yes!
  26. BigB08822

Was he the same guy who was working with Takeda and saved Emily from drowning while she was trying to re-trigger memories? Or, was he the guy in the boardroom meeting? Or both? The guy in the boardroom meeting turned around and was intently paying attention to what Daniel and Mr. Grayson were doing. That was shown for a reason so if that was another actor then we should be seeing more of him soon.
  27. Bostonfan

Both. Same guy with Takeda, watching Emily and in the board room. Remember last season when Takeda invested in Grayson Global. Mystery man was likely Takeda's designee at the meeting.
  28. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I refuse to believe WHM is dead until they show the body being buried or cremated.
  29. BigB08822

WHM kind of has to be dead. He clearly isn't interested in working with Emily and even worse only wants to kill her. I don't think it would work very well to just drag that out all season long. We know he isn't going to kill her so someone has to kill him. The only option would be to bring him back at the end in a sudden twist but I think enough people have been brought back from the dead already and we are only in episode 2. lol
  30. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Awesome episode!!!! Maybe WHM was shot with a tranq gun? If he's really dead, it's a shame as this folds it up so nicely for the Graysons, also a ton of evidence dies with him.

Takeda will not be pleased with his assistant's interference. And you know Takeda's Assistant (TA) has a thing for Faux Emily.
  31. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Enjoyed that, but still a bit :confused: about:

• How was Victoria not on the plane? Was she going to take off on her own (I thought there was reference to getting some cash together offshore last season, but now we see that she was relying on Charlotte's money, so maybe not?), or did WHM grab her (and why?), and if so was that preplanned?
    • Why was WHM helping her? Just for the money or to piss off Conrad? Or was it to do with these mysterious employers of his - was this their way of getting at Conrad, because that doesn't make sense since Conrad benefited from Victoria's death and wouldn't want to pay ransom.
    • Why did Victoria change plans - just because the money to pay for the passport and live abroad fell through? And she wanted to make sure WHM went down for it? Or did I miss something?

Otherwise, I am now officially bored with Jack and Declan. Jack's character is getting more and more watery, and talk about a "don't go in the cellar!" moment with Declan and that necklace :rolleyes:

I was hoping Trey would be wrapped up in Nolan's story when I saw the casting, but instead it's looking like another page from an OC script, :blah: Hopefully I am wrong :)

Another almost-don't-go-in-the-cellar moment was Nolan hiring that chick to be CFO. Sure she's spunky and probably smart, but come ON. Nolan's company is worth billions - you don't give one of the most critical positions and a huge amount of power to someone that inexperienced and who you barely know. Happy to get inside Nolcorp though - could be some interesting storylines there. :)
  32. BigB08822

I'm convinced that the girl who is the new CFO has been planted there by someone. Not sure who but something just screamed "she's not really working for you!!" to me. Maybe it was the weird glasses that made me think she was in a disguise. There has to be more to her, for sure, but maybe she is just going to be used as some kind of love interest for Nolan? I don't know how the public will handle an openly bisexual man dating a woman. Most people think of bisexual men as too gay to be with a woman or just curious men who haven't accepted being gay. I'd be surprised if ABC wanted to go there.

I know that they originally showed Victoria getting ON the plane. I watched very closely and rewound it a few times to be sure because I just knew she wasn't dead. So, either she got on a DIFFERENT plane than the others or she was taken off the plane after boarding. She is shown walking up the stairs and then you see her going in. I doubt it is something they ever address, we just have to accept it like many other things on this show and I am OK with that. :)
  33. cruisin

I read an article somewhere, that Nolan was going to be with a woman. So, maybe they will go there. I agree with you, however, there is something "not right" about the CFO girl. It seemed too set up. Wonder if Nolan sensed that too and made her CFO to give her the opportunity to hang herself.
  34. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whether, when it comes time for this show to wrap up its final season, whenever that will be, Emily Amanda and the rest of us will find out that her father really was involved in the terrorist plot after all.
  35. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I've wondered that too, or at least assumed he might not be as squeaky clean as Emily thinks. If he was CFO or a senior accountant at Grayson, it's hard to believe he didn't know that something was going on.

And now that we know Emily's mother was around at the time, one wonders what role he had in putting her in an institution, and of course we now know that he was having a serious relationship with Victoria - and impregnating her - while he was still married. Not that it's a crime in itself, but it's not nice.
  36. BigB08822

I don't think that we will find out that he was a part of the terrorist plot. That would seem like a slap in the face to the fans who are watching this to watch Emily get her Revenge. It would end up meaning that the entire series had no real purpose and was a giant waste of time. I hope they wont do that and I doubt they will. I do agree though that her dad was not squeaky clean but there is no telling how much of what was done was Victoria's doing.
  37. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I do wonder about her mother. I wonder if perhaps we'll finally meet her only to find she's not an ideal character either, and that David did the right thing getting her out of Emily's life. I got the impression in that scene in the car that the mother had taken Emanda without dad's consent, and I'm fairly sure her mental health issues pre-dated Victoria.

I just hope that they don't demonize her because of those mental health issues.
  38. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

:EVILLE::EVILLE:Or maybe Victoria drugged her and made her go insane?:EVILLE::EVILLE:
  39. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

That would be an epic jump the shark moment if true. This way pre-dates Victoria. Victoria just kept her locked up after meeting David, and I'll be fairly unhappy if they try to say otherwise!
  40. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

The Graysons make Roman emperors look like kindergartners and Machiavelli like a naive innocent :watch: :eek: