Revenge - Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bostonfan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

No :( Remember she wasn't very good for Nolan though - wasn't it her fault his company got taken over by Grayson Global?

I was disappointed - the sequence of shots in the preview last week made it look like Charlotte punched Victoria. :lol: That would have been amazing.

I wish I could pretend it was an April Fool's joke but I am so hooked on this show I could never joke about such a thing. :wuzrobbed

2. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

That's true.

I thought the same thing. I, at least, expected that there would be a more legitimate reason for her to black out. They made it seem so ominous in the previews. And it turned out to be totally gratuitous.

What will we do?????!!!!! Not fair!

3. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I think there are no more episodes for a month so it will then continue uninterrupted until the end of the series.

I loved Aiden's disgust at Emily...who was clearly also disgusted with herself. But Aiden is a killer, so there's an element of hypocrisy there!

What's Nolan's plan? He could have given the alibi but chose not to. Hmm. I've heard it was to protect Jack, which is possible...but...

Loved Daniel giving Victoria's bullets back. Loved the fact that Aiden has managed to disentangle Daniel from the Initiative by selling off their shares. Daniel should be less pissy about that!

Meanwhile, apparently people think Emily's pregnant. Umm....really? Would she really be running to a nun if she were? It was clearly to get info about the son Victoria gave up!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. cruisin

Yes, hypocrisy X 100! There is still something about Aiden that I don't trust. Just the way he killed Trask and Trask's fear of Aiden, made me wonder if there is more between Aiden and the Initiative than we suspect.

Alibi? What do you mean?

That exchange between Daniel and victoria was the highlight of last night's show. I got the impression that Daniel was happy to be extricated from the Initiative. But, I don't think he is. Trask's phone call, right after he left Daniel, made it seem that retribution was going to happen.

5. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Start your revengines! Love that line.

6. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

End of the series or end of the season (hopefully). Hopefully, it's the latter.

7. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

There were so many good lines from Nolan, Conrad and Victoria especially - but that was the best!

Emily is no doubt after info on that child, and certainly her plan was to freak out Victoria and start to flush him out, but she also could be pregnant. They really rammed it down our throats this ep that it's been six weeks (it was mentioned multiple times), so maybe she slept with Daniel when they had their Connecticut lunch, plus of course there's Aiden. I could see some heavy inner conflict on Emily's part (not because of the father, but her own struggle with staying focused and maybe making up for her own childhood, plus she's still super guilty about Amanda).

Glad the child is 40 - so it's not any of the current male characters, thank goodness.

Ashley has been growing on me since she started sassing Conrad, and Jack is now *almost* interesting. :) Totally :rolleyes: at Nolan's emotions though - seriously? They dated for what, five minutes? 4 of which he was worried about her stealing his stuff? Glad she's gone and we can get the old Nolan back.

And has the Initiative really been banished from the Grayson's lives? I somehow don't think so.

8. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

So...why are Aiden and Emily disgusted with Emily? I mean, what's happening that's new? She lies, she schemes, she uses people, she's AWESOME. LOL.

He's just jealous of her rekindling with Daniel? But doesn't Emily kinda sorta deep in her heart like Daniel maybe a little bit? So when she's with him, it's not totally fake. Or is it?

9. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

They have been talking about what they want to happen in season 3 so fingers crossed it will get renewed!

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Ratings are still in the "likely to be renewed" range, but then again there are other factors that can influence.

11. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

:eek: So they might leave it on a cliffhanger and then it doesn't get renewed? :(

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I saw an article panning the 2nd season. I was surprised! It's enough to make you feel for TV show crews. If they aren't immediate hits, or big enough immediate hits, they are toast. Prime Suspect and Pushing Daisies are great examples of good shows that weren't given a chance, imo.

13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Sorry! I keep using them interchangeably and they're not. I meant SEASON. While not officially renewed, it's considered 'a sure thing' for renewal so I'm not worried about that! Phew.

I thought the implication was that she'd spent the night with Daniel. Aiden asked if she'd been with Nolan or Daniel, and she says she spoke to Nolan. I took that to mean that she was sleeping with Daniel again, which she found much easier to do last time since she had feelings for him and no other secret boyfriend...

Shouldn't do. It's very, very likely to be renewed. No one is worried about cancellation!

Cruisin, the alibi is that he was at the Stowaway helping Jack to sabotage Conrad. This could be why he didn't give his alibi...to protect Jack...but still. Pretty hot water to get yourself into.

14. cruisin

Phew is right!

You mean for Padma's death. Ahh! I don't think they have any real case there, just fishing.

15. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's pretty flimsy. He can say he stopped by the Stowaway and observed the town hall meeting from a corner. And what's in his office anyway? Computer stuff / equations / etc. Something any IT genius like himself would be engaged in the normal course of his work.

16. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Except that he went all 'beautiful mind' and covered his office with research into Padma's whereabouts, and if they look into his computer, they'll see he uses it to be all Revenge-y.

I think the reason he stayed silent about where he was, was to protect Jack. Conrad said Jack doesn't have the sophistication to do whatever he did with the earwig. If he found out that Nolan was there...Jack could be in trouble.

Still - Jack could back up Nolan's alibi without Conrad finding out, surely!

17. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

18. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I have no problem with this. I am honestly getting tired of people suggesting that 22 episodes is too much. I remember when shows like Knots Landing and Dallas had 30+ new episodes in a season and were able to create compelling episodes over a number of seasons. Kelly knew what he was getting into creating the show on network tv--his ideas have already run out? I still enjoy the show, though, and I am hoping for the best.

19. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Interesting - wonder what really happened? Either money or creative differences, so we could see the show go in new directions next season if it is renewed.

The only other show of Kelley's I know well is the one-season Swingtown. It was excellent - fabulous actors, real characters, fun time/place setting. However, even as that first season progressed, it fell into some obvious plot traps, and had it gone to a second season, I feared where it was going to go. Kelley's other main claim to fame is as a writer on a bunch of episode of The OC, so you be the judge :)

To the remaining/new crew:nNo more Initiative and mysterious bad guys and terrorist plots please - let's keep it character driven, and yeah, I hope the writers and producers watch a few Knots reruns for guidance.

20. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I think half the problem with Series 2 is the complete change of plot direction and style, and the other half is these excessive breaks. Which as it turns out seems to be because they hadn't finished filming the last few episodes. :lol: I am sad that Kelley is leaving as we will never find out what his original vision for the show outcome will be, but on the other hand I am hoping this means it will definitely be renewed now...???

I have been reading endless spoilers and speculations over the last few weeks (mainly on the website 'wetpaint' although I don't know how reliable it is) because I can't wait for the last 4 episodes.

21. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I agree, breaks are a chronic problem in the tv industry, especially in a world where our attention spans seem to be getting shorter and shorter as more stuff is available to entertain us. Especially for a suspenseful show like Revenge, momentum and that feeling of can't-wait-for-the-next-ep loses steam with each break, especially when it's 3-4 weeks.

I'd really love to know the logic behind this style of scheduling. The producers of Lost - same network - recognized the problem years ago and insisted that each season be broadcast in two long blocks. Survivor runs straight through, not even bothering with mid-season recap shows any more. The only thing I can think of is sweeps weeks - they happen in Nov and May AFAIK, so maybe that's why networks try to stretch the season. But if they lose viewers in the process, what's the point?

22. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I actually would prefer the series to be 13 episodes, from a quality point of view. Only in the US do they produce such long runs, and I think the shows do suffer in terms of plots that aren't well thought out.

IMO some of the best shows on tv are shorter, such as Mad Men, Homeland, and almost everything out of Europe (with the exception of Downton Abbey which I don't think I'll ever bother watching again). There's more time, more attention to detail, more consideration.

From an entertainment point of view, it obviously sucks. I love watching long series! I do think there is a quality v quantity argument though, and I don't know of any long running series with 22 eps a season that hasn't dropped the ball or jumped the shark at some point!

23. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That was a very satisfying hour of television. I love the new "alliance" between Nolan and Victoria. And I am finding Aiden a lot more tolerable now. I think he's best when he's fully on Emily's side and shirtless.

The only downer is Charlotte's storyline. Why are ambiguously gay people always stalking the Grayson children?

24. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I'm glad they've tied up the Falcon storyline without making it someone we know like Marcus. Am loving the new Nolan/Victoria "Alliance", and wonder if Patrick will be happy to see his momma or...not.

Jack's being a total douche, as usual. Only Conrad can pull off douchy with flair...

25. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Jack really is rubbish. Can't believe I was so heartbroken when they didn't get together at the end of season one. :lol:

I loved this episode, there were so many moments that made me laugh. And I definitely didn't see the Falcon being someone like that!

So now we are so near the end - what do you want to see answered/tied up, or what do you want to see happen?

I want to see:
    1) Nolan get his company back and get it on with Marco and forget all about Padma :p
    2) The 2nd half of Ashley/Emily's past and how they know each other and why Emily gave her that money...
    3) Emily tell Jack who she really is - I want to see the look on his face!
    4) Emily or Jack get a new puppy. I miss Sammy.

26. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

1) - agree but let's get someone new. Marco screwed Nolan over
    2) - I don't think there is any more to that story? Emily gave Ashley the money because she(Emily) wanted to turn up to the pimp's recruitment in her (Ashley's) place for her mission (which is when she met Aiden). In return, Ashley gave Emily her name when she thanked her. Emily contrived to meet her again, and I assume helped her social climb, because Ashley would then owe her. Emily called her "an easy target". Personally, I'd like Ashley to learn that Emily was the one who gave her the money!
    3) YES!!! He'd be super pissed she lied. Might make him fall off his high horse though...
    4) Yes. Emily needs a puppy. Jack has a baby, that's enough :p

27. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I hope Jack would feel stupid for not even recognising that Fauxmanda looked completely different from his childhood love. :D

28. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

I agree *Jen*, Jack is on the HIGHEST horse ever, and I really want someone to knock him down a peg or ten. He's just so lame as one of the "schemers" on this show. Even worse than Daniel. Just. Stop. Now.

Nolan is awesome as usual, but I can't really get on board with the whole Padma grief. It makes sense that he would feel gulity, and of course it's a tragedy that she's an innocent person that lost her life in this mess. But I just don't buy that Padma was Nolan's ONE TWU LUV!

I go back and forth with Aiden, but he's definitely back to being more likable right now...can't wait to see how this season ends!

29. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Just general comments here - am I the only one confused as to who is on who's side? I forget what happened from one week to the next, much less with 3-4 weeks in between.

Jack is dumber than a box of rocks. Emily and Daniel are together, then they are apart, then they are miraculously back together. Jack hates Conrad, then works for him, then hates him again. You're on the same side, you doofus.

And - Oh, I just happened to keep the medical record of a secret shameful thing I did 40 years ago in a file folder right here in this house all this time. Let me go get it for you. Duh?

I love Nolan. I want him to have a good, happy life. Maybe get away from the Hamptons forever??

30. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

The long breaks between eps surely don't help, but I think you're a bit confused about the plot. Understandably :)

Jack is NOT on Conrad's side, nor working for him. He is using him. He pretends to be on his side while he gets enough evidence to destroy him for what he did to Amanda. Keep your friends close and enemies closer, and all that. But ITA, he's dumb

Victoria has the medical records there because she just recently forged them for the specific purpose of showing Conrad, so that's why they're there.

Emily and Daniel...are harder to explain. Let me see:

Daniel was dating Ashley
    Emily hooked up with Aiden
    Emily broke Daniel and Ashley up as part of a plot to make sure Daniel became the head of Grayson Global.
    Victoria asked for Emily's help for something and part of it meant Emily staged a breakup with Aiden and flirted with Daniel and went to LA with him.
    Emily came clean to Daniel and he said he knew his mother was behind it anyway.
    Daniel decided he was still into Emily and pursued her.
    Emily has gone along with it because it pisses off Victoria and it's revenge-y
    Daniel wants Emily to marry him, Aiden says to do it, it's all part of a plan to destroy the Graysons.

Because all of that makes so much sense!

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.