Revenge - Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bostonfan, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Starting new thread. Let the speculation continue... :D

2. Bostonfan

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

4. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know if I can make it to September. And even if I do - I certainly can't wait till May 2013 to find out what happens at the end! I watched the 1st season in less than a week.

:drama:

5. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

6. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

We just had the season finale. I was actually rather annoyed by the last episode. But the ending was great. I love Victoria Grayson, absolutely my favourite character. I'd love more stuff about who she was before Conrad.

7. soxxy

soxxy Guest

8. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

OMG OMG I love it. One of my favourite actresses. I love her in Flesh + Blood (one of my favourite films). I've never understood why she didn't become huge either as a big movie star on numerous works that would get Oscar nominees.

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Great casting choice! I can't wait for the new season to begin!

BTW-If you follow Twitter at all, the Revenge writers actually have a Twitter feed and will be sharing stories and such from the show throughout the season. I think their handle is @RevengeWriters. :)

10. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Agree, great casting choice. I didn't think of her, but I'm glad the PTB did! She is an outstanding actress, first time I saw her was in The Hitcher - scary movie! She is so quirky and plays bad so well! Can't wait!

11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I FINALLY caught up on the last 5 eps and read the old thread, and naturally I have comments:

Found the sudden intense loyalty of Daniel to his father to be implausible. If there was lead up to that, I missed it, and there's no way he's got some sekret agenda because he's not that smart.

I too wondered about all the focus on Jack's old girlfriend and was waiting for some detail to connect her. She had to have been there for a reason, so I expect to see her next season (with a handy "previously on Revenge" reminder).

Poor Sammy's death was :wuzrobbed but IMO very well done. When he went missing, my stomach was in knots that the powers of eville had him and it would get ugly - but instead he died a quiet death with his best loved humans in his old home. There's been so much uproar about his age that I guess they had to do it, and it was a great way to bring Jack and Emily together.

Agree with those who don't want this to be all about some big konspiracy organization. I hope that plotline dies soon enough and we can refocus on the characters and all the nasty things they've done to each other. :)

Also agree that WHM's crack about her mother was a crack about her father.

On the edge of my seat all day when everyone was heading toward or telling people they were getting on that plane. You knew WHM (and possibly Conrad) had plenty of time to take action.

Fully believe that Victoria didn't give Daniel the whole kit. In fact, I'm pretty sure that between the shot behind the painting and when she hands it over it changes - I think the money was missing for starters. Victoria is way too smart to get something that important and then just give it away - note that she was listening at the door when Daniel called his father about it, as though that is exactly what she wanted to happen. Probably just trying to make sure she get make her getaway ...

... because a getaway is I'm sure what she was planning. Note that she had cashed out her shares of Grayson - one might think simply in advance of the company going down, but also perhaps stashing it in Switzerland for later use. Wouldn't be surprised if she financed artist boyfriend's "disappearance" either, because I thought he went for that too quickly. Her tears in the loft might have been for other reasons.

Love also how she went straight to the painting to get the evidence - she knows how Conrad thinks, and can outplay him.

And there's no way she's dead! She's the star of the show (top billing ahead of Emily Van Camp), and if it was about contract demands or something that surely would have come out in the press.

I think she's either off to Switzerland while the SEC noses around, or has cut a deal with WHM (who may very well be a double agent of some kind) and I find it significant that it's her on the tape talking about Amanda's mother. All this time she's played sidekick to Conrad's nasty, but maybe we are about to find out that she's been up to more than social climbing the whole time.

LOVE THIS SHOW!! :rollin::rollin:

12. soxxy

soxxy Guest

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

14. Bostonfan

Ditto. My fear was it was going to go into some deep mythology. Glad to see they're not going there.

15. Bostonfan

Bumping for tonight's Season 2 premiere. So excited!

16. cruisin

Already set for DVRing. My son is playing hockey tonight at 9:15 :mad:!

17. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Here we go! :watch:

18. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

:cheer:

19. HeatherC

I am SOOO happy I got home from my church event in time to watch this show! I'm totally exhausted and barely coherent from a very long day overall but I am beyond stoked to see what else Emily has up her sleeve. WOOT!! :biggrinbo

20. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

My DVRs are going to get well used on Sunday nights. Watch TAR: DVR Once Upon a Time. Watch Revenge: DVR Dexter. Watch 666 Park Place, DVR Homeland.

21. HeatherC

WHOA, didn't see that coming so soon! :eek: :cheer:

22. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I love this show.

23. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

That was a really good season premier!

24. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oh, tonight was delicious. I'm wondering what happened to the boat.

Emily and Nolan as roommates! Yay! And I loved how Nolan was sniffing Jack!

25. HeatherC

That was awesome!! They got me hooked all over again. Love this show! :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer:

26. Bostonfan

Awesome!

I missed something though. How much time passed between the plane crash and the "memorial day memorial " for Victoria?

More later

27. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I love Nolan/Emily interaction :cheer:
    Victoria back full on next week; you can't keep a good bitch down !

28. Bostonfan

Random thoughts:

I assume that Takeda was re-cast. I'm curious about the younger guy and his investment in Emily's quest. He seemed like he had an emotional attachment to her.

Another season opening with a flash-forward to a dead body in the boat that we learned has been blown up. This time we only saw an arm, so no realy clues as to who it is, other than male.

Loved seeing buff Nolan. So happy he and Emily will be under the same roof (for now). :D

Declan is still there :blah:

Glad they didn't drag out the reveal of Queen Victoria being alive. I need my weekly bitch fix.

"Clam Cam" - love it!

Conrad saying to Daniel "Are you sure?" when Daniel said at least Ashley hasn't cheated on him. I hope he's not talking about personal liasons with Ashley.

Amanda's staring out while in bed - she's freaking because she knows the baby isn't Jack's? Will she bolt?

WHM - He obviously hasn't told Victoria that Emily is Amanda Clark. Wonder what his game is in this.

Emily to Vickie: "I'm glad you're alive" (Subtext: "Because I intend to be the one to bring you down you Botox Bitch!")

It's a bit difficult to believe that files were left behind when the psych hospital was abruptly closed. Apparently anyone can just walk in and investigate.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

According to IMDB, it's the same character. Confusing as he looks quite different. The previous actor is apparently a huge star in Japan, so maybe they couldn't get him or he's too pricey; my bet is the sidekick will be the focus of that relationship going forward.

Goodness gracious, Gabriel Mann has been working out in the off season!

But what's with getting rid of the house? Plot device to get him closer to Emily, budget cutbacks, or will we see a new character move into Casa Nolan?

I'm vague on this, but didn't Ashley basically throw herself at Conrad at one point, and he turned her down? Might be what he was referring to with Daniel, knowing what she's willing to do to get ahead.

Also, did I miss something? Did Ashley and Daniel hook up last season? Emily seemed surprised.

Indeed. But this is the show that brought us the World's Oldest Dog, so I guess it's one of those things where they figured the plot was more important than authenticity.

Another question: does Charlotte know David Clarke is her father, or just that Conrad isn't? If so, has she reached out to Fauxmanda as her supposed half sister? It's odd that she's suddenly so trusting of Emily, but not her own beloved brother - did I miss something?

30. cruisin

And a compas or watch, which they later showed Jack holding when he woke up on the boat.

Yes, she knows its Clarke.