Rena Inoue...a..Freestyler?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Dec 23, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer New Member

Say,I was going through a website and found Rena Inoue lsted as doing Ladies Freestyle in 1991. I don't seem to remmber her AS a Freestyler. Does anyone know of any skating Competition pics of her from that far back? Thanks.
  2. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. madm

madm Active Member

Wasn't there some mention a while back of Rena being pregnant and due with a baby in November ? I think it came up in an interview with Tiffany Vise and John Baldwin. Anyone have any news?
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

I don't believe there was a public announcement, but reportedly Rena had a baby girl in early November. :)
  5. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee New Member

Now who else used that music cut? I know there was someone else.
  6. FSWer

FSWer New Member

They were awsome videos!!! I just watched them on my Mom's computer. As Webtv. won't handle it. Rena really skated well as a Freestyler. It makes you wonder why she even gave it up for Pairs (if indeed she had). Does anyone know if she skated Freestyle before or during her time with John? Besides the videos...are there any Photo Galleries of Skating showing her in Freestyle? I also notice that they were using the old Judging at the time. As for her Baby. Yes,she's a Mother now. Does anyone know any birth details (if indeed Skaters publicly release that), name,sex,date born,etc.? BTW. I also heard a while back that she's not skating anymore. Can anyone confurm this? Thanks.
  7. yukky

yukky New Member

She was doing both pair and single until 1992 after that she was concentrate on single

she competed single until 1998 ,she was 3rd year university student .
    For most of Japanese skaters it is reasonable time to leave competitive career.

John ask Rena to be his partner after she decide to leave competitive career but she changed her mind.
    so she did not give up single for pair.
  8. FSWer

FSWer New Member

I didn't even know she was from Japan. Is she still doing Freestyle?
  9. Octoberopals

Octoberopals New Member

Did she & John ever get married?? I remember his proposal on ice during Nationals, year......???
  10. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

They had a baby girl.

I don't know whether they married.
  11. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

They did an AFLAC commercial