Reminder to Fall Back Nov.,3rd. For the close of Daylight Savings Time.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FSWer, Oct 26, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to everyone who does..to Fall your Clocks back next week,Sat.Night,Nov.,3rd for the return of Standard Time.

2. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Thanks! It can't come soon enough for me.

3. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I never remember when it is - FSU always sets me right. :)

4. Jem X

Jem X Needing sleep.

In US, its always the Sunday after Halloween.

5. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

^^^Yes, my wall calendar says DST ends on Nov. 4.

6. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

In the UK (and the rest of Europe I presume?) it is this weekend Sat 27th/Sun 28th.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Thanks FSWer, I can never remember when it is.

8. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for the reminder! :)

9. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

Worst day of the year...

10. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

LOL, no that's when Daylight Savings Time begins. ;)

11. Karina1974

Double post.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  12. Karina1974

:rolleyes: Only if you're one of those people who don't mind driving home from work in pitch-blackness, and whose ides of exercise is prancing around a gym. I cycle for fitness and I need at least an hour & 45 minutes for my rides, as I'm pushing myself to ride no less than 25 miles a day so, when I ride on weekdays, it's better for me when the sun doesn't go down before 7:30/8:00 PM. May through the end of August is the best time of the year in that regard.There hasn't been enough daylight time after I leave work at 5:00 PM for the past month for me even to do a short ride. I can only ride on the weekends now; luckily, I took this week off, & in 5 out of the last 7 days I've put in 119 miles with 31 planned for tomorrow, so I will hit 1500 for the year and 200 for the month.

13. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

What's the :rolleyes: for? You can tell your story without being so dismissive of someone else. Especially when you tell it twice.

14. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Bumping this thread back up to the top for obvious reasons!

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I hate when all the prancing machines are busy at the gym! :mad:

Thanks for the reminder! I swear I waste the extra hour changing all the clocks in my house.

16. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Changed the ovens and microwave already. Bedroom clocks wait until tomorrow as does the wall clock in the den. The rest all set themselves. I like going back. :)

17. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I seriously wish they would just pick one or the other and enough of this time changing. The older I get, the longer it takes me to adjust and my dogs with their feeding times? Well that's another story. Please, Please, PLEASE Canada, can we dispose of this stupid idea.

18. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I feel surprisingly confused about exactly how many hours ahead of everyone back home I will be now. I think it's 13. It could be 11. Pretty sure it's 13, though :shuffle:

19. mkats

mkats New Member

Haha michiruwater - my mom still remembers that China tried to implement daylight savings time for awhile and it was such a big mess that they never tried it again. :shuffle:

Apparently my grandfather was supposed to take a train on that day, and the rail company issued a statement saying that "all trains will leave at their original time". Well, this was the topic of some discussion in the family, because everyone else argued that if it was supposed to leave at 3 PM and 3 PM is now 4 PM, the train is leaving at 3 PM still; my grandfather was the only one who believed that it was leaving at the new 4 PM. Well, lo and behold, the train left at 3 while he was still chilling at home.

He managed to catch the next train but there were no seats; grandmother hurriedly sent him off with a folded-up stool so that he could at least sit on the long ride. The poor man, RIP, never managed to live that one down.