Reminder....Dayligt Savings Time starts tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FSWer, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to all our Members to Spring your clocks Ahead 1hr. tomorrow for Daylight Savings Time.

2. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I really HATE daylight savings time... :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reminder. :)

4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder. :respec:

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Thanks for the reminder!

6. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I thought it was Sunday?

7. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Sure - go ahead and stay up til 2am and change all your clocks then. :rofl:

8. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

I LOVE daylight savings time. It's nice to actually still have daylight to enjoy when I get home from work in the evening.

I am so excited for next week. It's going to be warm here and I'll be able to go out and enjoy several evening runs after work. No more running in the dark! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Gazpacho and (deleted member) like this.
  9. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I hate daylight savings time. :(

10. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

I'm generally up at midnight on a Sat. anyway. ;)

11. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

I LOVE not being in the dark when leaving the office! George W. Bush extended the length of Daylight Savings Time, and although I can't stand the guy in every other way, I am SO grateful that he did this.

12. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Here in Arizona we don't change our clocks, but since others do, it usually creates some confusion.

13. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

And why would that be so funny especially on a Saturday evening? I go to bed that late the majority of the week. :shuffle:

Anyway, I'm one to dislike it as well. The sun doesn't skip an hour ahead so why change the clocks? It really just moves sunrise and sunset an hour ahead, thus it doesn't exactly save anything. :blah:

And on a side note, Europe doesn't change time yet ;)

14. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

:lol: Yes, they always seem to shift in the middle of Worlds, making figuring out the schedule a bit more challenging! This year they are shifting before Worlds, how polite of them! ;)

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

FYI, it actually occurs Sunday morning.

I hear you! I hate "falling back" and having to drive home from work at %:00 PM and not have any daylight hours to do stuff outside. I'm like you, looking forward to next week, except I cycle, but I refuse to do that in the dark! Too dangerous!

16. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I saw this and wondered if we set our clocks later tonight and tomorrow night?

"For most people, the missing hour Sunday means a sleepy Monday. But for some -- particularly those who aren't big on mornings to begin with -- it takes a heavy toll on mood and productivity, earning blame for car accidents, workplace injuries and stock market dips..."

17. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I thought this happened in April? I am a nocturnal animal and hate hate hate DST.:(

Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  18. KatieC

KatieC On hold

I like Daylight Savings Time. I like the extra hour in the evening. I'm a nocturnal animal too but it doesn't seem to upset me at all. Especially since it happens on a Saturday night, so I just get the same number of hours I normally would. OTOH, the fall back just depresses me.

19. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

20. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

For those of us who are night shift workers, spring DST is a nice thing....(work 11 hours, get paid for 12...) It's fall that sucks.

21. MacMadame

I think we should "Spring Forward" one year so all the people who think it's so wonderful to have an "extra hour" of daylight will be happy and then never "Fall Back" and stop doing this hack job on the calendar, which is just robbing Peter to pay Paul and doesn't do what it was intended to do (save energy) anyway.

I am one of those people who gets thrown off for a week by DST and I just hate, hate, hate it. And all these people being chipper about it and acting like it's a gift just make me GRUMPIER!!! :lol:

22. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I wonder if all those street doomsayers will adjust their signs that say "The World Will End At Midnight (12:30 Newfoundland)" ?

23. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Thanks for the reminder, FSWer! :)

24. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

You must be younger than I am. They tried that one year. It think it was in the 70's or early 80's. There were many accidents with school children getting hit while going to school in the dark. As someone who still walks to an elementary school every morning, I can still see the danger.

I would be happy to do away with daylight savings. If you want more daylight - get up earlier.

25. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Yeah... that really helps those of us who use those extra evening hours-worth of daylight for outdoor purposes. Some of us do more when we come home from work than plunk our asses in front of a TV or computer. I cycle for 15-20 miles after work during the Spring/Summer/Fall months, but I can only do that when there is enough daylight to do an hour to an hour and a half ride. And that doesn't include the time it takes for me to get home from my job, change clothes, load the bike in the car and drive to the trailhead parking (I do NOT ride on the roads, only on the bike trails). Not to mention, I'd have to get up at 4:30 AM to do my cycling workouts in the morning... so much for "more daylight" by getting up earlier, plus it's pitch black outside and doesn't start getting light until well after 7:00 AM post "Fall Back"/pre "Spring Forward", at least here in the northeastern US.

26. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Well, aren't you just the paragon of virtue, Karina. :rolleyes:

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  27. MacMadame

I'd be surprised. I'm probably old enough to be your mother. ;)

Maybe they tried that where you lived but it wasn't a country-wide thing.

28. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

It used to happen in April, but recently they changed it to March.

29. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Nope they really did. I will try to find some information about it. It might have been as far back as Nixon.

Found this on info-please http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/sci/A0814845.html

30. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i refuse to get up earlier on the monday after this cruel spring ahead, i get there when i get there. after about 7 10 days it works itself out.