Reed siblings changed their coach to Chait

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by chrysanthemum, Nov 26, 2010.

1. chrysanthemum

chrysanthemum New Member

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

OUCH!

Kudos to them, hitting Slimy where it hurts. :D

On a more serious note, being at the level they are, I'd choose a coach who had more results and was less of a gamble.

P.S. Anybody knows how that lawsuit ended?

3. L'amour

L'amour New Member

Great news! Good luck to them ;)

4. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Another two skaters are freed! Yes!!! ;)

5. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

So the Reeds are coming back to Hackensack, or has Chait relocated to somewhere else?

6. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

Hmmm, maybe Nikolai was too busy with Miki, Flo, and Javier. But best of luck to the Reeds. I would love to see them move up this season.

7. chrysanthemum

chrysanthemum New Member

They train in Hackensack again.

8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Is it common for someone to coach both singles and dance, at least at the senior level? I can't imagine what he knows about dance but maybe I know a lot less about Morozov than I thought.

9. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Morozov IS an ice dancer. He competed with Diva Navka before she teamed up with Kostomarov and they went to Nagano Olympics (they placed 16th there).

10. aliona22

aliona22 Member

Tarasova and Tchaikovskaya did both successfully for awhile. Zhulin also, to some extent.

AFAIK, Morosov doesn't often work with students who are still learning jumps and developing their technique. With singles skaters he usually takes on advanced students, and does more of a "final polish" like Tarasova, giving them choreography, style, etc. He used to have a bigger dance program with teams at different levels/stages in their careers but that has dwindled in the past few years.

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Getting away from Morozov = excellent idea.

Going to Chait = maybe not such a good idea, especially after all the drama last year about how the Zars were treated. Yes, I know the Reeds aren't competing for Israel, but no matter how good a coach Chait is, the Reeds might be treated less than favourably because they're working with her - and when they're not exactly the top ranked dance couple in the world, that could have a fairly substantial impact on their progress.

12. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Does it really matter who coach them?

13. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

What happened last year?:watch:

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

He must be working with some jump coaches.

No it doesn't. Obviously all coaches are the same and there are no differences whatsoever. :huh:

She didn't handle Zaretskis well, made some bad decisions and then there was massive drama with the federation and them bitching at each other.

Knowing that, I'm surprised a team at such a crucial stage in their career, with a potential to climb up the rankings in a post-Olympic season, would willingly choose to train with her.

15. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Could it be that the Reeds wanted to return to NJ? That's where their family is, yes?

16. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

What an astonishing revelation! Could it be just that simple? Oh, this is skating, there must be more to it than that.:EVILLE:

17. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

They all come back. They always come back. The armpit of the nation is too powerful to resist.

:2faced:

18. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'm assuming that had a lot to do with. After the kerfuffle with the Zaretskis last year, I would think she would be a hard sell coaching choice. Maybe they feel they can work well with her.

19. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

I wonder why they didn't choose Platov?

20. TwizzlerS

TwizzlerS Well-Known Member

I wondered that too since their sister trains with him.

21. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Maybe the Reed sister didn't think training together and sharing a coach would work for them.

22. WayCon

WayCon New Member

I question that, as the two sisters seem to like skating together.

I suspect that they may well have wanted to return to NJ because their family is there. And they know so many people at the Ice House, they may have felt more comfortable there after the months of drifting around with Morozov.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  23. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Nunya. That's what I say..

24. WayCon

WayCon New Member

Part of Team Morozov is Stanislav Leonovich, who serves as jump coach. Reports are he is excellent.

25. WayCon

WayCon New Member

Just to throw in something else, the FSU thread, "Vaitsehovskaya's interview with Morozov," may give some additional hint about why the Reeds went back to the Ice House. In that interview, Morozov seems indefinite about where he will be training in the future, and in that context talks about his daughter. He may well be planning to return to Hackensack. Certainly, people working with Morozov at the Ice House said that he would come back. The Reeds may be waiting for him.

26. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Obviously, yep. :)

Oooh I didn't realise that he's not in Paris any more and that he's in Moscow with Morozov now. Thanks for this info!

He worked with a number of Polish skaters and I heard only good things about him. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  27. WayCon

WayCon New Member

For the sake of clarity, I don't know that Leonovich is still with Morozov in Europe. I know Leonovich had worked in France several years ago and spoke a respectable yeoman's French.

28. IRIS1975

IRIS1975 New Member

On Russian FSO I've read that it was mutual decision of Reeds and Morozov. Nikolai does not have enough time for them now.
    Some years ago Galit was Reed's coach as she was a second coach in Morozov Team.
    Zadorozhnuk/Verbillo once said very kind words about Chait, about her attention to students and diligence.

29. WayCon

WayCon New Member

Significant piece of information. Thank you IRIS1975.