Reasons My Son Is Crying Tumblr

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skipaway, Apr 9, 2013.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

So this dad takes photos of his son and then captions them with the real reason his son is crying. I think if I were his son, I'd find it hilarious when I was older. Good going Dad!

Reasons My Son Is Crying

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

This blog cracks me up. I really hope that baby smiles some too.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I saw it too and about died. The kid will hate it when he's a snotty teen who thinks he's all that, but will think its hilarious when he has kids of his own, lol!

4. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

The dad and his sons were on Good Morning America this morning; it's the first I heard of the blog. Hilarious!

ETA:
    :lol:

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl:

6. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

My favorite is "I have no idea why my son is crying"

7. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

The milk isn't juice :wuzrobbed

8. falling_dance

falling_dance Well-Known Member

Diner floor candy is the best kind. :wuzrobbed

skipaway and (deleted member) like this.
  9. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

I just don't remember my kids crying that much. I had three. my husband says I not having amnesia.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  10. Skittl1321

Not all kids do.

11. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

TOTALLY reminds me of my contrarian daughter. And if you DIDN'T do something--slice cheese, cut the crusts off a sandwich, slice the sandwich diagonally and NOT in squares (or the reverse), it was a total tragedy.

12. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

The kid doesn't appear to be much more than 80 weeks old. I doubt he has a concept of "Tuesday."

13. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Then it's probably that the milk is in the wrong cup!

A recently married friend of mine said that this Tumblr is more effective than her birth control :lol:

14. Skittl1321

At 80 weeks (OMG- how long do you count babies ages in weeks? That's almost 2 years old...) kids can understand time and patterns. By this point in time, most would be used to having a day where Mom is no there. Just like the 1 year olds I had who did once a week preschool. Even though it was different from the everyday routine, they always remembered they had 1 day the previous week, and it became routine. Kids generally do well with routine.

15. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

The caption seems (to me) to be implying "Isn't it silly that my son is crying because mommy isn't there when he woke up. She's never there when he wakes up on Tuesdays. He should be used to this by now."

But from the kid's point of view, I doubt he's thinking "Oh, right, Tuesday. Mommy isn't here. Blah, Tuesdays suck."

Probably more like "Mommy isn't here again. I hate it when she isn't here!" with no concept of how many days it's been since the last time she wasn't there.

16. Nan

Nan Just me

The reason his son is crying? Because he gets soooooooooo much attention when he's doing it. ;)

17. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

My coworker's 2-year-old will start WAILING when her mother dares to try and go the bathroom by herself. When I saw it, I was :rofl: although another friend was trying to comfort the 2-year-old.

I would totally be the kind of parent to make this kind of Tumblr. :D

18. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Well-Known Member

My son doesn't cry that often, though he does have breakdowns over silly stuff like this. He usually just yells NO! NO! NO! or gives me the pouty face. The latter is way more effective, if I have been stern on something (like don't drink the bath water, by god, why does bathwater taste good?) he pouts, looks silly/adorable doing it, I laugh, he gets rid of stern mom. I think he is manipulating me...