Real Housewives

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cachoo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I watched the train wreck which was the New York Housewives reunion--I just couldn't look away. I realize Alex inserts herself too much into other folks disagreements but it does seem that Jill summed it up when she said Alex wasn't their financial/social equivalent. The way Alex was treated reminded me of Mean Girls. I wonder if there is so much discord that they won't be able to continue with the same cast.

New Jersey: Teresa's husband Joe--what a winner.:scream:
  2. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Kelly Bensimon is the one who gets me. Talk about a delusional sniznatch. I really didn't watch this season of the RHONYC because I couldn't stand the trifecta of Kelly/Jill/Luann anymore. Luann is a huge hypocrite to me. I couldn't turn away from the reunion, but it's made me not want to watch that particular version of the RHs anymore.

I was shocked to find out that the cast of RHO Beverly Hills stayed intact. Apparently the producers insisted on adding someone for drama to the cast, so they brought in Eddie Cibrian's ex wife, Brandi Glanville. From reports, Glanville has drama with all 6 of the other cast members, particularly Kyle and Kim Richards.

From what I hear Washington DC and Miami are not going to have second seasons. To me, I think they could get rid of OC, even though it's the original, and NYC and just focus on Beverly Hills, Atlanta, and New Jersey. I also heard a rumor that they are scouting for a version in Nashville with wives of Country musicians and producers. Having lived in Nashville, I can tell you that that season would be fascinating.
  3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Yeah--I'm not a Kelly fan either: I remember when Andy previously asked her about Bethenny's success and she attributed it all to Bravo. Sheesh! I remember when no one was taking her idea of skinny girl adult beverages seriously. She worked for that even if Bravo helped.
    Luann is as bad as Jill in my mind: She tries to laugh all of her passive-aggresive attacks off and pretend all is just perfect in her world. I hate that phoniness. I didn't like the DC version of the show but I kind enjoy the idea of adding Cat to this group for her reaction to "the countess."
  4. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Finally a thread about the Housewives!
    Elise and (deleted member) like this.
  5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I wished they would get rid of Cindy and Kelly, they contribute nothing to show. I used to like Ramona but she seems a bit off the beam this season. I love Sonja! I only watch the OC, Beverly Hills, NY and NJ.

Washington and Miami never interested me, although I am getting more in Atlanta.

I hear they have done interviews for Scottsdale, AZ
  6. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Cindy won't be back. Thank goodness.
  7. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Will anyone even notice?

During the reunion, several other housewives were tweeting and kept asking who Cindy was.

Here's an article from Perez Hilton about the Scottsdale cast. If they indeed have Alejandra Nash, that would be VERY interesting. http://perezhilton.com/2011-04-20-the-real-housewives-of-scottsdale

I find that a very odd city to choose, but I'm hoping it will be interesting since only Beverly Hills, New Jersey, and Atlanta are interesting anymore out of the 7 casts. I do agree that perhaps Boston, Chicago, or New Orleans would have been more interesting. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since Top Chef is shooting its new season in San Antonio, which seems like an odd city for the show.

Going back to Jill Zarin. What annoys me most about her is how her stories always change. She was so devastated about the whole Bethenny thing and made such a big deal out of it, but then she was quoted saying that she and Bethenny were never actually friends. Now, on the reunion, she said they were great friends and she hoped that could look back at this and laugh. Look back and laugh? Are you kidding? I don't think that's a situation where you look back and laugh.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. julieann

Good, I just hope they don't replace her.
  9. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I hope that Kelly doesn't come back and they do replace her.
  10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Apparently someone is attempting to cast a Toronto spinoff, but not having much luck securing anyone.
  11. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I miss Bethenney on the NY show. Sonja was a good recast, though.

I should try and catch up with NJ. I was relieved when Danielle left. Frightening woman.

Smart Torontonians. :p
  12. julieann

I agree. If she got on that show to jump start some career, it didn't happen.
  13. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear Bethenny's take on that:
    "Yes, Jill tweeted her congrats and I tweeted thanks." Or maybe there was reunion but I just can't see Bethenny taking a chance again with her. The thing is Jill's husband seems like a decent guy and I know Bethenny considers him a friend. I don't know if you can have one without the other.
  14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So is Atlanta still filming?
  15. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think Alex is absolutely nuts and the biggest bitch on the show. I have no sympathy for her at all. The New York cast is by far the craziest and cattiest. My favorite, though, is New Jersey! I love Caroline.
  16. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I stopped watching Orange County as they all seem the same: Blonde, Boobs and Botox. And life doesn't seem to exist for them outside of Coto?. All of my relatives from my Dad's side are from New Jersey and I enjoy that group though I too am glad Danielle is gone. She was toxic. Kim G. is annoying and I hope she never becomes a regular cast member (no matter how hard she tries.)
  17. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

I'm hooked on NY & Beverly Hills, I may be the only one who can't stand to watch the NJ version :scream:

I do miss Bethanny, but I'm glad she has her own show! Kelly is plain crazy :lol: She never even responds when people ask if she's in therapy or on some kind of medication, and never even attempts to explain her outlandish behavior....she acts like things never happen! I agree Cindy has to go! Alex, well if my husband ever call someone the "C" word I would of never stood for that...no way, and he also told Jill to "Watch Out"...that's a def. threat....I used to like his quirkyness, but I'd never put up with that stuff!! Is that how he's raising his sons to treat women :eek: I like Luann, it just seems odd to me that when Ramona called her out on her open marriage that she just said she refuses to discuss it, not that it isn't true. Sonja is funny and I like that she can laugh at herself, and well Jill is Jill...LOL show wouldn't be the same with out her, but I agree she did wrong with the whole Bethanny situation! I did agree with Jill at the reunion that they need to stay away from attacking or bad mouthing each others kids...keep them out of it. I have no doubt some of them had to change schools due to their parents behaviors on this show!! Ramona should be embarrassed at a lot of things she's done...and her daughter sees it all.

So happy the Beverly Hill version is starting soon...beginning of Sept. right?? I think Taylor Armstrong looks like she's had a little too much plastic surgery...Kyle & Kim Richards always at it...Camille Grammer...can't wait to see how she plays out this season.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  18. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

:huh:

I find myself rooting for Alex against the likes of Jill, Luann, and Kelly.
  19. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I've only watched the first part of the season so far, so I may change my mind, but to me Alex seems much more calculated about her acts. Last year she couldn't wait to insert herself in the fight between Bethenny and Jill and was thrilled when she could publicly deliver Bethenny's message to Jill. Of course this is all scripted anyway so who knows what if anything really went down, but I'm ignoring that for the sake of my righteous indignation. :lol:
  21. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Well I don't blame them: Maybe they could do a Hockey Wives series--I would bet a few of those wives would take the bait.
  22. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Poor Kennedy. :( He really seemed to be devoted to his daughter.

You have to wonder how much this show and the drama surrounding it fed into his death.
  24. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same. I have to say that I always though Russell was an odd bird, but didn't ever think this would happen.
  25. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

26. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

27. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Interesting piece: It was uncomfortable watching them--there was evident discord. But then you look at the couple called the Bickersons (the Malouf's?) who did argue but they were funny and seemed devoted to each other. I feel sorry for their daughter: No matter what was happening with Russell that little girl loved him. That should have been enough. I hope he is at peace.
  28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Russell also had two young teen sons from his first marriage.
  29. duane

duane New Member

Taylor is the wife who spent, what, $50,000 on her daughter's birthday party. I suspect she spent at least that much on plastic surgery. Sounds like they were a couple living WAY beyond their means, but who wanted to keep up the charade of being among the high-living, Beverly Hills filthy rich.
  30. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I wonder if Taylor will remain on the show.
  31. soxxy

soxxy Guest

The show's been filmed for this season and I think is ready to begin broadcasting in September. Bravo will need to work out how they will portray Taylor and her husband's situation.
  32. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

what kind of surgery did Taylor have on her mouth to make it go ear to ear like the joker?
  33. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I always wondered about that and if that was the result she wanted. And how did she look before any injections/procedures?

The Real Housewives has always been a guilty, frothy pleasure about women with a lot of time on their hands. But now it might just be "real." I do want to see how Bravo handles this.
  34. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

News report today that Jill Zarin, Alex McCord, Kelly Bensimon and Cyndy Barshop won't be back for the next season of NY housewives. Jill's rep says she's still talking to the network and hasn't made a decision yet, so make your own call on what happened.

Other gossip reports indicated that Alex was surprised by the news and that she and Simon made $275K from the show (although the show's exposure obviously gave her chances to do other promotional jobs and appearances).
  35. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I wish they would take LuAnn as well.