Randy Travis in Trouble with the Law

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skipaway, Aug 8, 2012.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I am by no means a country music fan but I have fond memories of Travis during my college years. He seemed so wholesome back then....look at him now. :yikes:

Randy Travis DUI

2. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Well, as wholesome as a kid could be with a lengthy criminal record who gets involved with a married older woman which contributes to the break up of her marriage. :shuffle:

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Cause tonight I'm sittin alone, diggin up bones...and driving under the influence while naked....

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Lost track of him in the 80's. Had no idea.

5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that he and his wife/manager had gotten divorced. That picture is sad :(

(But I must admit that the story made me think of when Matthew McConaghey got busted for naked bongo playing. Also in Texas...)

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Big difference - he was in his own home, not driving a car and endangering others, nor threatening police.

7. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Did tequila make his clothes fall off?

Kidding aside... What a mess. I only know of him from the song Carrie Underwood did with him.
    How in the world do you get that drunk?

8. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Depending what part of Texas you're in... quite easily.. :shuffle: If there's not alot to do and nothing around for miles... Then what do you do? Drink...

That's what happened when I was in Oklahoma for six days... A DUI down there is almost like a right of passage... :scream:

9. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Trust me, it happens... :shuffle:

10. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

He didn't love her forever and ever. Amen.

11. pilgrimsoul

pilgrimsoul Active Member

So sad. He was my mom's favorite male country singer. The last I had read about him years ago was that he & his wife were enjoying their life together living in an amazing oceanfront house in Hawaii. Now he's divorced, gets busted for DUI naked in a '98 Trans Am. (Did the guy go broke or something? That's a pretty old car for a wealthy celebrity to be driving).

12. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

13. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I guess because he didn't have any place to put his wallet?

This whole situation sounds like one giant research project for a country album. His next country album.

14. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I thought he threatened the police when they showed up and told him and his bongo-playing friends to quiet down.

15. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

16. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I've never heard that - doesn't mean it didn't happen of course, but in the end the drug charges were dropped and he only paid small fine for disturbing the peace.

I've never heard of any violent or threatening tendencies - quite the opposite in fact as he's known as one of the most laid back people in Hollywood.

17. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Trans Ams are pretty popular with car collectors, restorers and enthusiasts. You see them in car shows and at collector car/muscle car auctions. Not really a sign of poverty.

(My husband drags me to that stuff).

18. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

sad:( I used to like his music when I was a kid. I knew nothing of the recent turmoil in his life

19. heckles

Eh, only if he switches to Outlaw Country. I suspect his wholesome image is in the toilet now.

Boy's looking rough in that photo. I never thought that Dwight Yoakam would be hotter by comparison.

20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Well, beauty was never Randy's middle name...

21. heckles

If you were into the redneck Howdy Doody look, you would have hit that. In 1985, anyway. I get him mixed up with the other spate of country singers who made guest appearances on Touched by an Angel. Was he that guy hates illegal aliens until Della Reese sets him straight, or was that Phylicia Rashad? I can't tell them apart.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  22. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

He played a guy that was in a family Gospel band, and their bus was wrecked. Delta Burke, John Schneider, David Canary, The Gaither Vocal Band, and Faye Dunaway were in that episode, too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0732122/fullcredits#cast

23. heckles

Oh yeah, that one was good. The most memorable episode, however, was that time Priscilla Presley found out discovered her husband on vacation with his pregnant mistress, helped said mistress deliver hubby's baby, tried in vain to save the life of the mistress when she goes into seizures, take the blame for her husband's affair (!) and agreed to raise his kid as an apology to him. It was patriarchal oppression at its finest.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  24. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Never would have hit that. He's ugly to the point of being offensive.
    And it was Della Reese, you ninny :lol:. She had the skunk 'do!

25. heckles

Okay, I probably got him confused with George Strait. If they're born in Texas, get arrested in Texas, or marry Miss Texas, they all begin to run together.

26. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

All his exes live in Texas.

27. heckles

I guess they checked "No".:lol: