Randy "Macho Man" Savage dies in car crash

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, May 21, 2011.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:(

It will be interesting to see what World Wrestling Entertainment makes of this, since he was one of their very biggest stars ever, but they had not been on good terms for the last several years.

3. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

He was one of my son's "heroes" back around 5th or 6th grade. It was at that time the World Wrestling Federation, and we watched faithfully every week. Quite a cast of characters.

4. grimey

grimey bird is the word

I still watch every week :slinkaway

Macho Man was always one of my faves. He will be missed :(

5. DustPuppyOI

DustPuppyOI Well-Known Member

6. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I was sad to hear about his passing. He was a favorite of mine as a kid. :(

7. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

I wasn't online during the weekend and didn't know about this... :( May is a tough month for wrestlers... RIP Randy, say hi to Owen for me.

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I have a photo of my husband and me with Randy Savage. We were at the Hasbro toy show in NYC, and Randy was the celebrity wrestler at the WWF action figure display. My husband is a big muscular guy, and Randy made a big deal about him - he followed us around and kept grabbing my husband from behind like he was going to start wresting him. Then he got the photographer and said "I want a picture with this guy" -- my husband made me come be in the photo because he didn't really want his picture with the guy. The photographer took 2 polariods - one for us and one for Randy. Randy has his arm around my husband and I am standing there looking like the third wheel on a date. There were a bunch of kids there, but Randy only had eyes for my husband. It was totally weird.

9. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

^^ I have to agree with you, that's really weird! But those guys
    get hit on the head a lot, plus a few substances here and there and we get a big bunch of weird people.