Radionova's Lines

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TheIronLady, Mar 11, 2013.

1. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

:lol: Are you going to make a thread for every Russian female skater ;) She skates like a child because she still is a child but even then I find her skating and lines vastly superior to anything the woman Surya showed us. Wait until this girl goes through puberty to judge her potential.

3. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

I think that says it all really.

4. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Yes, a different thread devoted to a flaw in every Russian. :lol::lol::lol:

I look at Radionova, and I compare her to this 13 year old vision of elegance, Serafima Sakhanovich, and it makes me think 14 year old Radionova is hopeless. :lol: Sakhanovich reminds me of a young Oksana Baiul. I hope Radionova will improve her leg line, but I fear she may get away with untidiness under present judging trends.

Sakhanovich 2013 FS Russian Nationals

5. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

I strongly disagree with having a go at a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD who has many years to strengthen and develop. For some people it is a natural phenomenon. For others it takes work.

hanca, Vash01, rayhaneh and 3 others like this.
  6. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

I'm not having "a go at her." I'm giving my opinion of her line. She is 14, and she is also the junior world champion. She is hardly some child I am picking on to be cruel.

7. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

You are not having a go at her? REALLY? She is a 14 year old girl, she has plenty of time develop whatever needs to be developed.

By the way, you started one thread about Lipnitskaya, one about Radionova, do you enjoy picking on 14 years olds? What about finding some skater who is already senior? Or at least someone who is not a 14 year old child?

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I'm sure Lipinski and Kwan were already critiqued and scrutinized when they were 13-14.

This is a skating forum, and people discuss and criticize skaters.

9. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Radinova has the potential for better lines than Sahnovich IMO, Serafima has short legs already at 13, Elena's are maybe too long at the moment but she will grow into them and long limbs are never a bad thing. If she can learn to fully straighten her knees Radionova can be like a Ballanchine ballerina on ice, already she is fantastic.

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well... everyone was hyping Sotnikova before she even made it to the seniors. Nobody was supposed to beat her scores. Then Lipnitskaya came along and everyone was like OMG, what a beautiful skater, with such gorgeous spins! But before she even made her senior GP debut, everyone decided she was a crap skater with no elegance or musicality, and that Radionova was the real star. In fact I remember many people complimenting Radionova's lines and her use of the music, but I guess she doesn't even get a month to bask in her glory! Now she is a crap skater too, and Sakhonovich is the elegant one... let's see how long that lasts.

rayhaneh and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Sasha had magnificent line without long legs and Chrstina Gao even today still looks pretty gangly (though she's improving) with them. I don't think it's necessarily about leg length. The flexibility of the back, neck length and use of head, posture, toe point, solidity of core (ie, ability to stay centered while free leg is moving), and use of arms all are part of it. But long legs help if you have other points too.

12. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

13. Jebrista

Jebrista New Member

I think Radionova has pretty good transitions

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  14. shine

shine Well-Known Member

This thread is just bizzare. I don't see how Radionova's alleged lack of lines is so prominent that it warrants an individual thread devoted just to it. I've regularly seen lines that are much worse than Radionova's.

15. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

If you were a young skater with big dreams wouldn't you want to know this? There is no time like the present to try and begin to correct it.

16. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

How is this thread going to help young Radionova?

I have seen many grown up skaters with really bad lines. Why is there no thread about them?

17. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

They were critiqued long after they were 13-14 also, on this board, but I don't recall an individual thread with the sole purpose of criticizing ONE part of their skating (for example- "Tara's lines" or Michelle's "leg position"- not that anything was wrong with her leg position :) )

When Michelle and Tara were 13-14, we were not on chatboards, but I don't recall anyone commenting on the TV criticizing ONE part of their skating. Actually at that young age, most comments about them were glowing, and it was understood that they will develop as more complete skaters. I don't see that kind of understanding here.

18. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

This is the second thread in trash can by the OP dedicated to a young Russian female skater dedicated to one aspect of their skating. The other was for Julia and her "floppy" arms and gloves. We're it not for the reaction this thread is getting I suspect it would have been the second in a series :p. I suppose trashcan is the place for it but they are really stupid and pointless threads even for this location.

19. lala

lala Well-Known Member

hm...:confused:

20. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

She is so great and so spectacular she has the potential to become even greater and more spectacular and should experiment with all different kinds if choreo to see what makes her most spectacular.

21. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

LOL at picking on Russian girls.
    I think Radionova is fabulous, and has a great performance ability. Sakhanovich is fabulous as well, with a very different style. What's the point of choosing between 2 most artistically talented Russian Juniors ( arguably, sure -just IMO)? Russian Junior Nationals was one of the most exciting competitions of the year, and I am normally not that into watching children- exactly because their personalities do not project on ice yet. But Radionova and Sakhanovich have it all- I hope they have great success for many years to come.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  22. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I suspect they will have great success---Russia reminds me of the US ladies in the 90's and the Japanese ladies in the 00's. If they don't already speak of the tough competition just to make the podium at nationals they will soon. And I happen to be interested in most of Ironlady's provocative posts---even when I don't agree with them.

23. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Yeah! Like they did with Oksana Baiul ;).
    (Yes, I know she's Ukrainian.)

24. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I didn't notice a thing about Radionova's lines. I just noticed a young lady with potential who loves to perform, has a huge smile on her face, does all her elements and seemed very in tune to her music... which is something many seniors have trouble with.

25. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

For a young skater she has very good lines. There is toe point and extension there and I have absolutely no problem with that aspect of her skating. She has long legs which also make her legs look a bit gangly but she is still growing.

However I agree with many others that picking on young skaters like you are is totally inappropriate.

26. Aussie Willy

Totally agree. There are so many other positive and lovely aspects to her skating which she should be commended on.

27. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

unfortunately there isn't a mark for lines/positions etc.

28. Aussie Willy

It is considered under the PE/IN mark which includes aspects such as posture and leg line.

Also you can deduct from GOE on leg line in spins and spirals. Particularly camel spins.

29. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

it is a pity that doesn't seem to be applied to Yuna's hideous spiral/layback.

30. Skater91

Skater91 New Member

She just looks like she is always in a rush to my and waves her arms about for no good reason.

But she is young....no need to worry about her lines yet! she has to survive the puberty monster first!