Rachael Flatt's first day as a Stanford Intern

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Jot the Dot Dot, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Rachael Flatt had rarely looked more exhuberent. "I just did my first autopsy!" The bubbly American skating champion, taking a much needed break due to injuries, had just finished assisting Pathologist Dr. Geoffrey Loftus in conducting an autopsy. Their subject was a 56 year old man who appeared to have had a heart attack. "That did seem strange for a middle aged man in otherwise fine health" explained Dr. Loftus, "I mean he was in no way obese, so an examination was begun". For the 19 year old student, examining a body would seem for most people too unsettling to even consider, but Rachael was undeterred. "The human body is just so fascinating. Being an athlete, I've always been curious about the cardiovascular system as well as nutrition, but I never imagined it would be so vivid!". For the whole story, go to: ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4618194625365665&pid=15.1

2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Wow that is so great to hear that Rachel is cutting up people. Did she use a skate blade to do it with?

3. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

Has she experimented on herself at all? I mean, she could turn music on and everything. I think Madonna would be perfect that. Rachael could be singing, "Dissect yourself, hey, hey, hey, hey!" ;)

4. Jot the Dot Dot

Yes, the skating cutie has in fact removed a boil from her own semprini, details of which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfU6bmKsoko

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    snoopysnake and (deleted member) like this.
  5. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

About thirty years ago, I used to joke with a friend about instituting a new cost containment initiative, otherwise known as "The Self Surgery Program". We send you a DVD (then a VCR tape) of the procedure and if you do your own surgery, we pay you 50% of the usual and customary fee. This was based on a 1979 Journal of the American Medical Association article that reported a man tried to de-inervate his adrenal glands using local anesthesia!
    :eek:

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=364889

When I googled the above, it appears that this has been happening again

6. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Is this also an April Fools thread?

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I think so.

8. Jot the Dot Dot

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013