Question

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Susan1, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

O.k. - I've been on this board (on and off) for quite a few years now and I'm still a computer idiot. Every once in awhile I notice "notifications" at the top of my screen. And it says I have "reputations points". What is it and why do I have them? Can I turn them in for cash? LOL!!!!!!!! :D

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

I believe reputation points are explained in the FAQ section. Basically it's a way of giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to someone's post. The more thumbs up you get, the more rep points you collect. The more thumbs down you receive, the fewer points you'll have. It doesn't translate into vcash or anything else I'm afraid.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

4. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I was just kidding! I don't even know what vcash is.

Anyway, so it's just like "likes" on Facebook?

5. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

Sort of, but you get comments.

If you click on Reputation Points when it first shows up, you can read the comments. Otherwise, you can go to Settings and see what people have said about your posts.

6. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

ignore me, sorry

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Anyone can receive "rep", but to give it you need to be a paid member. Giving rep is done by clicking on the black star below all the information listed below someone's username. There is also a "Board Business" section where lots of stuff like this is discussed. It is quite helpful and even fun sometimes! :D Here's the link to that forum:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Board-Business