1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quadrantid Meteor Shower

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Jan 4, 2012.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

If anyone is still awake, the annual Quadrantid Meteor shower should be getting into full swing within the next hour or so and last for a few hours. I am going to go out and take a look myself. It is scheduled to peak around 3 am Eastern time although I read some other articles saying 2 am Eastern, which would be in only 20 minutes. I figure this meteor shower should be our favorite and garner lots of points for being a quad. :p

2. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

:lol:

I'm trying to stay up for it (says a night owl), but when I checked a little bit ago it looks like we have some cloud cover to the north. I'll try again, but methinks my excuse for staying up will all be for naught. :shuffle:

3. BigB08822

I'm drinking champagne (my new drink of choice, who knew!) and my excuse is that it will help me stay warm while outside. :lol:

4. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

Brilliant justification! :lol:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. BigB08822

Has anyone seen any? I think I saw one but I haven't seen any more since and it is so cold I keep coming in. The area I need to watch is very close to the horizon which is much brighter because I am in the city. I wish it were farther up in the sky because I can see that much better, it is a very clear night but in the city the horizon is always lit up. The moon hasn't set here yet so maybe in another 30 minutes I will be able to see better but I doubt it. Might have to settle for the one.

6. BigB08822

I finally began watching this Nasa stream and I have yet to see one on there. I give up. Someone youtube this crap and I will watch it tomorrow. Kthanks, bye!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc

7. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I wish I had seen this thread last night! Although I doubt I would have seen anything since it was 10 below zero.