Pssst! Could I Bother You For A Million Dollars?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, May 30, 2011.

1. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I really want to purchase this property:

$1,335,000 / 3br - Hobby Ranch on 158 Amazing Acres - (Salmon Arm, BC)

I moved out of the city to the suburbs and now I think I really want to live in the country. And 158 acres would be enough, right?

I want to start an organization that will be called something like "The Dream Centre". I'd build a large housing complex (small rooms like at universities) where people can come live for free. The goal would be to clarify all of our life's dreams and then start taking action on creating a game plan specifying how we will all get what we want.

Morning will focus on our physical health. (If you don't have your health...what have you got???)

Afternoons will focus on mental health. What roadblocks have we acquired throughout life that keep us from getting what we want? How do we get rid of those road blocks? Afternoons would also be time to develop and strengthen social skills, which play a big part in one getting the things they want.

Evenings will be various classes, topics as varied as one can imagine! Anything that will help make us stronger so that we have more skills to make our dreams come true. Sometimes we'll have guest instructors and other times the participants will lead classes in something they have experience with.

Weekends will be volunteering in the community to help others, as well as to develop whatever skills we need to strengthen.

People can stay until they have the skills and the game plan that they need. Then we cry a lot as we let them go... Which makes room for a new person to come in. Everyone can stay as long as they want/need. I'm thinking we'll end up having a long waiting list.

BUT I NEED A MILLION DOLLARS TO GET STARTED!!!

PM if you have a million or more dollars that you don't need. I will try to pay you back, but this won't be a profit-making venture, so it might take me a while... :shuffle:

2. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

If I had a mill to spare I'd invest in you Peter.

Sounds wonderful. :)

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

when some generous soul gives you the million, i want to be one of the people who lives at the dream center for free.

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Maybe Adele could help you - she could claim it on her tax to reduce her income so she doesn't have to pay as much tax.

5. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

No guns allowed at The Dream Centre TM.

It's free for everybody. But you gotta participate. No time for FSU!!! :p

6. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

If I had a million dollars - I'd buy you a house.....

the view looks wonderful, but the no time for FSU is upsetting.

7. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

You'll have plenty of time for FSU. That rule only applies to mylittlepony.

:kisses:

8. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

<snort> If I had that million I'd go in on it with you--as long as you agreed that I could build a fabulous dance studio/performance venue and finally create my fantasy modern dance troupe consisting of former skaters.

9. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

There is a place just like the one you hope to build near King City. I went to one of their "services" one Sunday. They spend a lot of time "looking inside themselves". One woman said she really wanted to go jogging in the morning. She was looking inside herself to find the whatever she needed to get out of her bed and go jogging in the morning.

The person leading the service talked about a troubled place somewhere in the world. He said everyone should look inside themselves to see what they could do to help these poor people. They should put calming, healing vibes out to the universe.

BC really needs a place just like this Peter and having met you, I think you'd make a dandy leader of a group like this. I will warn you that the King City group does run an organic farm to pay the bills so it's not all sitting around and meditating.

If I had a million dollars, I'd send it out to you, but for now please accept these calming and healing vibes.

10. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

If I had a million dollars you wouldn't get it, Peter. :( Now, If I had 72 million you'd be in with a chance. :)

11. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Cheque's in the mail, Peter. Let me know when it arrives ;)

12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I want an ice rink as well.

13. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Those would be future endeavors for sure! I'd also like to create a community that focusses on music (where everyone will learn everything, there wouldn't be songwriters over there and producers over there and performers over there...). And a community all about learning everything to do with theatre. And a community which is all about social change. Maybe I'll create a community in each province! But I need...

...oops! Problem solved! :cheer2: :D :cheer2: :rockstar:

14. Aussie Willy

Did she actually go jogging or just look inside herself to see if she could jog?

The whole thing sounds like it could be an episode of Family Guy.

15. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

Let us know when it's up and running. I'll bring some homemade chocolate chip cookies with me.

16. my little pony

then is takahashi coming to live on our hippie commune to skate daily on our hippie commune rink? otherwise, these rules are unacceptable

17. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I thought FSU was the Dream Center.

18. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

If I had an extra mil I would send it to you Peter. But if I was going to build a center it would be a retirement community for figure skating fans. We would have every DVD of every competition & none of them would have any commentary during the skating. We would all bore each other dissecting every comp & arguing about the outcome of every major title. Then, being old, we would forget each conversation & argue them out again the next day.

19. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think that's already happening in all the play-by-play threads! :rofl:

My place would be pretty grounded. If someone wanted to jog, we'd find out everybody else who wanted to jog and then do it. If she wasn't present, we'd find her and ask what's going on. Use a lot of listening techniques as well as encouragement. "Come on, let's go!" Definitely lots more jogging than sitting and processing, though. :)

Discussion groups on how to create change would be really good. And studying up on various areas that need help and researching groups that are already creating change and how one can join up and get in there! Lots of action-based work for sure.

Keep up with those lottery tickets! :lol:

20. my little pony

assuming taf has alcohol, i'd rather do this then sit in some circle and wait for someone to hand me the spirit stick, sorry peter

21. Aussie Willy

You pass around a DVD of 1996 Worlds and channel the power of the Kween.

22. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Oh, how I wish I had a million dollars to give you! But if you do get the centre off and running, I'll be more than happy to support it.

23. Dragonlady

None of these people seemed to do anything but look inside themselves. And they seemed very angsty about this inability to find whatever it was they needed to achieve their stated goal. Some of them used various crystals or sat under pyramids while they were looking inside themselves. It was hard to keep a straight face while listening to some of these testimonials.

The whole event was structured like a church service but it was difficult to tell what it was people were actually worshipping. At the time it seemed like a skit you'd see on Saturday Night Live mocking New Age Religion.

The best part of the whole service was the leader telling everyone they all needed to look inside themselves and send healing vibes to the people who were rioting for social justice. Yeah, that will really help.

24. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Bingo. Sorry, Peter. And it would need to be a tax deduction, otherwise, I'm spending all those millions on MYSELF and MY wants and dreams. I don't need a touchy-feely compound to help me. Oh, wait. Do you plan to serve koolaid at this center?

25. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

How about giving me one of your millions, join us and acheive all yours dreams...and help others to do so? And it won't be a touch-feely place at all. It will be reality and action-based rather than spiritual based. People's beliefs will be respected, but the place won't be spiritually-based. Unless "thinking positive and taking action" is spiritual.

P.S. No Kool-Aid. We'll try to live as healthy as possible, but everyone will move towards greater health at their own pace. (With thought and encouragement along the way.)

:D

Now you didn't even attempt to read the post right before this post of yours, did you? :wuzrobbed :drama:

26. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I don't really think a million is going to go very far, Peter. That would just buy the property. You'd need upwards of 10 million to set it up and maintain it (since you're letting mlp and all her friends live there gratis). Too expensive. I'm going to need that 10 mil to buy a research vessel so I can spend some quality time chasing killer whales around the oceans of the world. Sorry.

27. ribbon

ribbon Member

If I had a million dollars, I wouldn't decorate with Pirates of the Caribbean posters. And, I'd have a nicer pool.

The surroundings though are :swoon:

If you ever do get it, I will come to your free healing resort and try my best never to discover myself just so I could remain there forever.

28. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

taf always has alcohol.

29. my little pony

peter, your compound reminds me of the place eddie went to after patsy moved to ny on abfab.

30. Dragonlady

A woman after my own heart. :summer:

Although I'm not opposed to the occasional spirit stick. :hat1: