Project Runway Starts Tonight (7/24/2014)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FiveRinger, Jul 24, 2014.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed with/by her, either.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that's ok, she is impressed with/by herself enough for the both of you

3. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Just finished watching this. Fade wuzrobbed. I thought he did a great job mixing those prints. Amanda didn't try anything nearly as ambitious, which is probaby why Fade and that great little outfit got almost no airtime. If we'd been allowed more time to see it and compare the two looks, it would have underscored just how manipulated that win was.

skatemomaz likes this.
  4. my little pony

full disclosure - i hate fringe. but that was a lot of long fringe. like i could pull her dress up and get my fortune told.

5. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching this season, but I did see the newest episode and I think at least 80 percent of the contestants are Amy Sedaris in disguise. Possibly all of them.

Although maybe Hernan was Yara Sofia having a really bad hair and everything else day.

Sandhya is the only one who interests me as a designer but I wear Hawaiian shirts and Manish Arora socks to work so I'm kind of not qualified to generalize about style.

6. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Finally watched it. They got the bottom 3 right. And Hernan was just hideous! The top 3 should have been Kini, Alexander, and either Fade or Korina. I didn't love the color of Korina's, but she had no choice there. I did think she made a nice outfit. I would have given it to Kini. Amanda's was awful, looked like a home economics project from the 70's.

shan and skatesindreams like this.
  7. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I looked at Amanda's and thought it looked like SUPER HIPPIE on acid.
    Kini should have won. His dress was lovely.

shan likes this.
  8. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

This was probably the best of the season so far. I'm not sure how Kini didn't win, but I agreed with he and Amanda being the top two and definitely agreed with Walk Like an Egyptian and Super Vag in the bottom. I'd have had Kristine in the middle. There were quite a few looks I liked better than the guy who was judged the third best, but I'm betting 4-10 were all pretty close. It's like a well-skated Worlds where three groups skate well and it's all about nitpicky details.

9. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Tim Gunn just tweeted that Heidi is wearing a dress tonight to the Creative Arts Emmys that was designed by one of the remaining 13. This is what next week's episode is about. I suppose if you want to spoil yourself on next week's winner, google her pic at that event. I wonder if Tim made a mistake in tweeting that?? In the preview, they don't even mention the event's name, just says "a future event".

10. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Ok, so Heidi just tweeted a pic of herself wearing the design & thanks the designer by name. I'm confused as to why they would do that since the episode hasn't even aired yet! Am I missing something?

11. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

12. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Just watch the suit episode. Kini was robbed. I didn't hate Amanda's dress but it wasn't that bad. I thought Sean's was interesting, but it needed a different top. If the top had been different, I don't think he would've been in the bottom. Hernan's was just awful. Why the hell did he pick that vinyl? And really? He's suit wasn't that horrible. Suck it up and create something good.

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Hernan is gone, I was finding myself more annoyed with him each week. I didn't like Amanda's dress at all and can't understand how it won over Kini or the other guy in the top. I would have given Kini the win, had Amanda be just safe, and put Fade in the top 3.

Did I understand correctly from the previews that 2 people are going to be eliminated next week?

14. poths

poths Well-Known Member

15. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

That dress is gorgeous and I will fight all of you for it.

16. cruisin

It is gorgeous, but a bit too bare for my 61 year old body! :lol:

17. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I could rock it and I'm older. I've got long legs to balance my bumpy upper body.

18. cruisin

I've got long legs too, I'm 5' 10".And i'm very thin. It's the boobs that have migrated to my waist that would be the problem! :biggrinbo

19. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

That dress is great. I would wear it and I am, ah, a certain age.

20. cruisin

I think that's fabulous! I would wear it too. But, it can't be worn without a bra and no way should the world see my saggy boobs! It would cause nightmares!

21. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I guess that's a benefit of never having had much in the way of boobage to begin with. Less mass to move south!

22. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

That dress is gorgeous. So clear that Heidi loves it.

Last week, I'd also have replaced Amanda in the top with Fade.

23. cruisin

LOL! I want to strangle the LaLeche person who told me that my boobs would go back to normal after breast feeding. Not that I wouldn't have done it anyway, but… When you have that much milk and they are bigger than your head… They are never the same when they go back to "normal".

24. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

But she MADE that fringe. BY HAND. And since it was carwash fringe, that must have been really, really hard to do. Without the couture carwash fringe, Amanda's dress would have been nothing.

25. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

With the fringe the dress was twice as fugly. :saint:

skatesindreams likes this.
  26. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I'm really going to miss Ziggy in this thread :(.

27. my little pony

i'm going to try not to criticize sanjaya, no matter what she chucks down the runway

shan and skatemomaz like this.
  28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:( I know, me too.

skatesindreams and skatemomaz like this.
  29. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Me three. I didn't agree with him, but he was a delightful sparring partner.

skatemomaz likes this.
  30. cruisin

I know this is off topic, but, what happened to Ziggy? I saw the "In Memory" in the masthead, but I had not heard anything about it.