Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Or it could be a spoiler that he gets the boot next week. Isn't it usually just the final eight who present collections?

2. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Bunim Murray has let everyone who is left do the show. Either they miscalculated when the Ken auffing would occur, or he quit.

3. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I hated Alexandra's clothes again. Those pants were more than ugly, they were as far from exercise clothes as you can get. It was very telling that all the judges but Heidi hates the outfit but Heidi kept her anyway. It goes to show that she does not even take the judges opinions into consideration at all and just goes with what she likes.
    At this rate she should do away with the judges altogether if she is not going to let their votes count or the majority rule. She is wasting their time. Good luck selling the fugly pants to the public Heidi.

4. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

So Heidi's vote shouldn't count at all, especially when it's her line? It seemed to me that all four judges universally hated the garment Karen sent down the runway, and only 3 of them hated Alexandria's. Karen's garment was also poorly made and there were no complaints of Alexandria's craftmanship of her garment, only juvenile jokes from Michael Kors. And at the end of the day at least Alexandria designed something, whereas Karen sent down something that already exists in the market and is on the cheap side of cheap activewear. Alexandria is still in the competition because no matter how much you hated what she made, Karen's was a far worse offense, not just because Heidi liked it.

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

This was a Zzzzz episode. The only interesting thing about it was Tim in the referee outfit. :rofl:

Kate is much less irritating this time around, but I just can't bring myself to root for her even though she's had nice designs.

I can't stand Helen and wouldn't have given her either of the last 2 wins.

Alexandria of the poopy pants doesn't bother me as much, but she's lucky that Karen had design/execution issues this week.

Ken has some issues, but I loved Tim's heart to heart talk. It was interesting to hear him :rolleyes: at his model's walk/attitude this week.

I really wish they would throw some 2 day challenges in. It would be nice to see a well thought out, well executed design from more than 2 designers.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I am hoping Braden will get it back together.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

8. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

I am not defending Ken because his tirades are beyond inexcusable, but I almost wonder at the editing he gets. In this episode, despite the early complaint about the obstacle course, he looked like he worked well with his partner and did a good job, surprisingly. Didn't they come in third? He also made some very nice comments about other's designs for this challenge. He seems a bit bi-polar in the editing, and I am not sure which Ken is the most dominant. Again, he has been horrible in his rants and attacks on some of the people, but then they show him acting normally one-on-one in other cuts. :confused:

Anyway, this was a really dumb and boring challenge. Kate was my winner. Top to toe her outfit was impeccable. I loved her jacket with the zipper in the back. For the life of me I can not understand why Alexandra and Heidi like those dropped crotch pants. Has anyone ever seen anyone, much less a woman, wearing those? So ugly!

Next week's episode looks interesting, with Heidi sending them back to the workroom after the runway show. Supposedly they are to make a dress for a modern southern woman.

9. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Maybe because Alexandra can't make a proper crotch?

10. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

Some of the Pilates instructors at the studio I go to wear those dropped crotch pants and love them.

11. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Me too. I loved his first couple of outfits. I think he is in panic mode.

12. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I think Bradon checked out the competition and decided to do some things that played to his strong suit. That backfired, so it caused him to overthink. By now he should know that "overworked" is the kiss of death from Nina and Zac.

13. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Helen's gown is "like the 60s threw up."

:rofl:

14. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

The look on Ken's face was hilarious

I think it's hilarious that they bashed Dom's look for being mallish when Belk is essentially a mall store.

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

so many dresses no one wants to wear here

16. duane

duane New Member

Ok, I guess the modern Southern woman is plaid, prints, and more plaid.

17. PRlady

I have shopped at Belks in North Carolina and these dresses are all too fashion forward for that store.

But who is Alexandria sleeping with? Her dress was horrendous!

18. my little pony

at least no one used camouflage

19. my little pony

it would have to be nina or heidi

Nomad and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I hate to defend Kenneth, but he's totally right. As a girl in the South, I would totally wear Ken's dress to a formal wedding. My mom and I are both mystified by Dom and Ken in the bottom. If they're designing for the modern Southern girl, they both nailed it. If they're designing for fashion forward-ness, I agree it's an epic fail, but Southern women will always choose flattering and classic over "new."

Kate's dress is something I would love on a hanger and hate on. I would look like a sofa in it.

21. my little pony

i think ken's 2nd dress is actually worse than his first. the first was blah and i think the color was too heavy. but the 2nd one was straight up hooch, like it came from the deb joy shop on 69th st

22. PRlady

I liked Dom's first dress. It was cool and elegant.

23. my little pony

how did dom win when she got to make 2 dresses? that seems unfair

i'd keep jeremy over ken in a heartbeat

24. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I liked Dom's first look too. I'm sorry, but I don't see anyone in the South or anywhere else wearing Bradon's dress.

25. my little pony

i can see the teens on the carrie diaries in it, that's about it

26. duane

duane New Member

Me too. I hated the way it looked while she was working on it, but loved the end result on the runway.

27. duane

duane New Member

My bottom three would have been Alexandria, Kate, and either Brandon or Jeremy...with Alexandria out.

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Crack smoking judges. I guess the modern southern woman likes stripes of mismatched plaid t shirt fabric on her stomach? :confused:

29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Why was he saved?
    It was cheap and terrible.
    He, despite his comments, doesn't "get" the southern woman, either!

I liked Braden and Dom's winning dresses.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I think Ken is kept only for the drama he creates in the workroom (and from previews, at the apartments). They've probably hoped that he'll have an epic screaming fit at Heidi on the runway. I swear she was baiting him last night.

Wonder if Dom is getting the 'follow your vision late blooming surprise winner' story arc?