Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I knew Braden was safe because of the spoiler of a couple of episodes ago where they showed him talking to his fiance "one week later." Based on days shown, it hasn't been a week yet. So he's around a couple for days at least.

I was surprised Jeremy was bottom 3. I didn't get the "Pretty Woman" vibe either and thought his look was cute.

2. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I hated the winning look also. It was a boring black nothing and the top made the model look round-shouldered. I thought it was the worst look of the night.

3. Ageless

Ageless Member

^^^ When I saw Helen's look, I thought she would be in the bottom for sure. Where was the design? A simple black dress with a piece of material for a cape? I didn't actually hate the look, but it was so basic and the judges usually call that boring. This is a design show after all. Maybe there was more to it than we could see through the television screen, but I was shocked that the judges loved it.

4. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

I thought Helen would be in the bottom, too. That cape looked like a Hefty bag draped around her model.

5. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I like Brandon and Jeremy. best hope one of them winl

6. duane

duane New Member

What does an obstacle course have to do with designing skills? That was totally stupid.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

and more free labor for heidi's stupid line

8. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Well, I think Joan Cusack is finally going home tonight.

peibeck and (deleted member) like this.
  9. my little pony

alexandria keeps trying to bring mc hammer back

10. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I don't like that we don't get to see model selection anymore. I noticed several models were with different designers this week and I'm curious to know what happened.

11. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Me too. I loved that part.

A lot of this stuff looked the same. Alexander's was good, though and Kate's is cute.

12. my little pony

this is a boring challenge. basically everything on that stage is currently on sale at my local mandee. but the designers dont have a lot of options. they shouldnt pick it just so heidi can promote herself.

13. duane

duane New Member

Aren't they pairing the models with a different designer every week, since the judges are looking at the designs anonymously?

14. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

It seemed like Ken and Jeremy for sure had the same model every week.

15. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I'd send them both home.

16. duane

duane New Member

^^^ this!! That was such a boring episode.

17. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Yeah, this was the worst episode of the season by far.

The Fashion Week show is tomorrow morning. I'm really curious to see the collections that are presented.

18. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I would have given Kate the win.
    Her look was polished and ready to market.

I would have sent Ken home before the runway.
    His behaviour has been a constant issue.
    He's nowhere near the designer he thinks he is,

19. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I would have given Kate the win too. I do not get Helen or why she has won any challenge, actually. I thought that jacket looked like Halloween.

Ken is a sad, sad person and I hope he goes home next week. Justin and Helen can go too. At that point there will be several talented designers, all of whom seem like sane people.

20. duane

duane New Member

Yes, I thought Ken was just prissy, but he's nuts. His bark is clearly worst than his bite, but no one should have to deal with his behavior. What really upset me was that none of the guys stepped in or spoke up during Ken's tirade against Helen.

21. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

I don't know how helpful other people stepping in would have been; Ken was already so angry and defensive. I think it was kind of OTT to run to Tim fearing for her life, but Tim handled that situation great.

22. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I got the impression there was more to the story than what was shown as most of the other designers were either neutral or slightly pro-Ken. It doesn't excuse Ken's behavior in the least but I do think it's telling that none of the designers rushed to Helen's defense.

23. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

I dunno....from Bradon's comments, he seemed to think that Ken was acting way out of line. This isn't the first time Ken has been loudly and aggressively obnoxious. I'm hoping he leaves soon. His mom will probably cringe when she sees this stuff airing.

24. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I thought Ken's tirade was uncalled-for, but I also thought Helen's fearing-for-her-life was over-reacting in the extreme. Tim handled it well; I'd have been tempted to tell both of them to grow up. Given the time constraints they're all working under, it seems like all the dramatics and angst is just handing extra time to your competitiors, because they're all working while you're having your temper tantrums and time-outs.

As for the clothes, I think this season especially it seems as if the more I dislike a design, the better the judges rate it.I can understand using designing for one of Heidi's lines as a challenge (although it's getting a little old) because the designers should know what it's like to work within a client's guidelines/wishes but the exercise wear front was too limiting. There's only a few pieces to work with, the fabric choices are limited to stretchy stuff and they didn't have much of a color palette to start with. I thought Helen's jacket was ugly, except for the length and the rest of her outfit was blah. Plus drssing a bunch of stick-thin models was hardly realistic. To me, this would have been a perfect time to bring in a bunch of normal women from a local gym and have the designers come up with workout clothes that would work on them!

25. duane

duane New Member

I didn't get the sense that Helen was running out of fear. I think she knows Ken is all talk.

But I guess it's the chivalry in me that finds it upsetting that no guy stepped in (though Matryeshka makes a good point that perhaps there was more to the story than shown).

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I liked Kate's design best, but I liked Helen's jacket. I am one of those people who wants to cover butt and hips in something other than spandex, and it would be nice to have something other than an oversized T shirt or sweatshirt-style hoodie. I spent about 4 hours one day going from store to store looking for something longer for the gym that was lightweight and had some shape to it. Couldn't find a thing. But Helen won over Kate because Nina Garcia always gets her way.

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I can hear Nina now: "It's so editorial!

28. my little pony

he should ditch heidi and start a consulting firm as a crisis mediator

29. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I followed TLo's tweets from the MBFW show. Ken did not present. The other 8 did. Wonder if he drops out?

30. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

Yeah, I was wondering about his absence from the show. I could see him having a snit and just refusing to put together a show but it does seem more likely he did something that resulted in him not being invited to present.