Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Bradon, Karen, and Ken were my Bottom 3. Would have kicked out Ken for the camo boob binding or Karen for that Lawrence of Arabia dip dyed mess. Ken needs to shut his mouth, shave off his devil beard and start designing.

Justin had an interesting idea, but lost his way. And that stripe was just weird.

Loved Alexandria's jacket. Those pants were odd and the white stripe makeup was stupid. But, Ya looks good in anything they throw on her and she's won before. And watching Ken's reaction made my day. :p Suck it, tiny talentless man.

I had Alexander (Suede part II) as my winner - if he had done silver paint on blue, it would have been stunning.

Jeremy's idea was sublime and like Nina, my eye went to the buttons - fabulous detail.

Liked Dom's colors, but the dress bunched up in the ankles when the model walked. Was distracting.

2. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

TVGuide Channel says that tomorrow's episode has a surprise elimination. The only one I'd be really surprised to see kicked off would be Kate.

3. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Well, now that Tim used his save, I expect one of my favorites to be kicked off. :rolleyes:

4. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I hate plaid pants. God could wear plaid pants and I would auf him.

5. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

That's your current rep power number talking.

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

kaley cuocco sounds like a random assortment of scrabble tiles

7. JJH

JJH Well-Known Member

No, it's a bird call.

8. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Jeremy's getting the boot.

ETA Why the hell are there five judges? This is so tedious.

9. my little pony

they are really coming down hard on jeremy. bitches please, that is not even the worst thing you saw today,. let alone all season. you would think he held their kids hostage.

plaid pants shouldnt go past the garanimals stage

all of these flat shoes arent really mixing with their outfits.

10. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Ugh. :( Looks like Bradon or Jeremy is getting the boot. Should be Miranda for choosing those hideous shoes and making that hideous outfit.

11. my little pony

im now sure how miranda survives, assuming she does
    the top of braden's is very softer side of sears
    i think alexandria's material looks cheap

12. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I think Alexandria's outfit looks cheap. Detest those shoes. They probably keep Miranda for the drama potential.

13. my little pony

how is this a shocking elimination?

14. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I know, right? That's why I thought Bradon or Jeremy was going home. Thank God I was wrong.

15. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

Because it didn't happen sooner?

16. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Helen's look was very Belle du Jour to me and I loved it.

I just want Ken to go, other than that, I kind of like this group of designers.

17. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Alexandria is mildly overrated as far as I'm concerned but not enough to rant about. Karen has no taste at all and should go even before Ken, who has technical skills. Mr. Posen is pretty full of himself, isn't he?

(I thought Miranda should have been auffed several auffings ago.)

18. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I liked Miranda's very first look, which didn't fit the challenge rules, but everything else has been dreadful, boring, or both.

Alexandria has had some very good looks and some that were just okay. Tonight was an example of a just okay look to me.

Karen, or Joan Cusack as I call her, is very boring but I didn't hate tonight's look, it was just kind of there for me.

I was expecting to like Zac more than I do. Michael Kors had this way of saying something totally bitchy in a way that came off as funny/harmless where Mr. Posen just seems like an a-hole when I think he probably is just trying to be clever.

All in all, this is a better season of PR than we've seen in a long time.

19. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

That was definitely long overdue. She should have been auf'ed with Sustainicorn. Then we could be rid of Karen by now. Or Ken. And does anyone know why we're supposed to like Kate? I don't remember her at all from her previous season, and I haven't liked anything she's done on this one. Especially this week's effort. Those shoes would have been showcased better by a knee-length dress/skirt.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  20. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

I'm here to say: Tim Gunn and :rollin: :dog: Swatch! Luuuuurrve.

21. duane

duane New Member

I don't think Ken is that bad. He's just another prissy gay man, and this show has had tons of em.

I agreed with the top 3 choices. I didn't find any of them great, but with tonight's ugh-fest, they were the top 3.

I didn't think Miranda's look was the worst, or even bottom 3.

22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I think Bradon's was clearly the worst, but with Tim Gunn's save off the table, I don't think there was any way he was getting eliminated.

23. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Nah. I would actually wear Bradon's top which I thought was interesting. Of course, I'm over 50, which probably underlines the judges' critique, but hey, aren't we allowed to get dressed too? Or do we have to live in sweatpants and fuzzy slippers?

But I agree they were not going to eliminate him, he's done way too much good work in other challenges. Jeremy's been all over the map but I actually rather liked his look this week. What are you supposed to do with boots like those but show them off with a short skirt?

24. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

This. I find it interesting that even Nina, who should know better, refuses to acknowledge that there are only two markets for high end clothes, the uber rich and the over 45 set. The uber rich aren't watching PR for style cues.

25. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm with you.

This is the first week that Helen showed any real ability, IMO.
    I don't share the love for Alexandria.
    The judges seem to prefer looks that are only suited to the runway; and would never be worn in "real life".

26. my little pony

i dont know how a bulky sweater added to the "pretty woman" look of those boots. she was all covered up. i actually thought it was interesting how he (jeremy) made the fabric into a type of a sweater.

27. duane

duane New Member

I thought Dom, Karen, and Kate should have been bottom three.

28. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I actually liked Ken's dress this week. I know, shocks me too, I also liked the Chiffon faux sweater. I think the judges are losing their taste. They don't like anything that is actually wearable.

29. my little pony

i agree. if it was one of those non traditional material challenges, dom could have won because i swear her dress was made from quilted paper towels. i dont like karen's at all. like tim said, too matchy matchy, then the jacket was sort of hiding it and made no sense with it. kate's top or the top of the dress if it is one piece is very ill fitting and a little off center.

30. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

I finally got to watch this episode and I do not see how that was shocking at all. Guess I won't be believing the TVGuide Channel anymore.

I hated the winning look. Thought she looked like Mary Poppins and when she walked down the runway, I thought she was in the bottom. I didn't have a favorite this week, as I did not like many of the looks. Appears that Ken has a temper tantrum next week.