Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I think it was time for Sue to go. It is inexcusable to not have finished the dress. As far as being able to sew. I think she just was unfamiliar with the sewing machines and didn't have time to actually learn how to thread/make a bobbin/etc. within the show time frame. I learned to sew long before there were sergers. I can sew well on my standard Singer, with lots of different stitches. However, I wouldn't have a clue how to use a serger. Of course, I wouldn't attempt to get on a show like PR either.

I loved Braden's gown. But I loved Jeremy's dress too. Jeremy's dress (as I already mentioned) reminded me of a dress Zac Posen did this Spring. The peplum was set similarly.

I did not get the love for Karen's dress, I thought it was awful.

I didn't like Dom's or Helen's dresses either. Dom's looked like it had promise, but she should have taken some of the spires off - too much. Helen's didn't fall right and where was the "no woman wants their hips to look bigger" comment?

I agree about Sandro. He really did seem sorry.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Finally watched. The nasty gnome needs to leave.

And ENOUGH with team challenges. Also, ENOUGH with 'make a dress out of yesterday's trash/dollar store/vinyl placemats'. This is not Project Craft Table.

3. cruisin

^^ Totally agree. Let's get back to real fashion!

4. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I agree too. Give them some decent fabric and two whole days to make something, individually, and then let's see who's good. I'm still betting on Dom, Kate and Braden for the runway show but there have been dark horses before.

5. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Are the finalists showing at Fashion Week this year? I don't remember hearing any mention of that happening this time around.

ETA: While I still have no recollection of Fashion Week being mentioned, Project Runway is on the schedule for September 6 at 10 am.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm with all of you!

7. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

^This.

8. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

if i applied to be on PR, it would never occur to me that they would force me to sit outside, let alone sleep outside. i would have chased tim's car as it left.

9. PRlady

It was pretty comfortable camping even by our standards, dear!

And I've missed most of tonight so will just have to judge runway show.

Eta: can't believe Miranda is safe with that shower curtain. But Justin's is even worse. :yikes:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  10. my little pony

::shudder:: the out of doors is just meant to be on my plate, no where else

justin's looks like ill fitting lingerie, the lop sided lace hoo ha - where was tim?
    the others in the b3 are not good, but justin's has to be the worst. he hasnt been b3 yet, i wonder if they will let him slide?

11. my little pony

i dont care what they say, i hate alexandria's poopy pants, they look like a loin cloth over spanx

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  12. PRlady

If no-one real would ever wear them, does that make it "editorial?"

13. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Alexander, Miranda, Jeremy, and Dom were hosed. That was IMO one of the better runways we've seen since it's been on Lifetime, and denim Poopy Pants won. :blah:

I'm glad it was just a let's get out and enjoy each other and be inspired--no bizarre twist, no let's be friends and here's the backstabby part! The designs were so much better and I was reminded that all these contestants are really talented. Even the ones on the bottom were OK and would probably have been safe in other seasons. Except Kristen's and Alexandria. They were truly awful. I might have had Saint Kate in the bottom three as well, but only to round it out.

14. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

:blah: Tim Gunn you're just too nice. Nothing was worth saving this week.

Jeremy's dress was ethereal, but I still don't get the connection between it and the outdoors. I didn't like the pants, but I did like Alexandria's jacket.

Bradon seems to have lost his way all of a sudden, and the preview of next week's show didn't make it sound like tonight's episode was a one-off in that respect. :(

15. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I would have Kate, Bradon and Karen on the bottom with Karen getting the auf. The top of Kate's was worse than Ken's. Bradon was just too in love with the embrodery idea and, frankly, I've done pieced dresses that looked better than his. Karen's looked like an outdoor shower.

16. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I wasn't crazy about the design but at least Justin tried something different and I could see where he got the inspiration for the frothy glue lace. The yellow shower curtain was just blah - no style, no shape, no skill involved in the sewing and even the dye job was bad. Tim was right - the judges got it wrong - and I'm thrilled he saved Justin. He's probably my favorite of the designers left as a person, even if I don't always like his clothes.

The droopy pants were disgusting and I'm assuming that the midnight blue tree dress looked better in person than it did on my TV because I thought it was a draggy mess.

17. skatesindreams

I hated the pants; they were like ill-fitting jodhpurs, at best.

I wish they had sent Ken home.
    He thinks he's a "superior" designer.
    He isn't.

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I didn't mind Alexandra's look, but I would have given the win to Dom, Jeremy, or Miranda. Justin's was uglier than Karen's, but at least it was an attempt at design even if it went all wrong. Karen's looked like a beach towel wrapped around with a belt attached.

19. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Nah, it looked like a pop up camping shower looks after several seasons. She even got the "plastic will yellow if left out in the sun" part right.

20. PRlady

Karen's was a holy mess, I didn't quite realize how bad it was until they inspected it close-up. She should have been auffed and Tim could have saved the save for whomever gets booted off unfairly in the coming episodes.

Rate the Runway has Jeremy's, Dom's and Alexander's looks in the top three, that's about right as far as I'm concerned. I think Dom didn't get top 3 because the dress was too much like the one she recently won with, and Jeremy just won last week.

If Helen's talent is restricted to what she calls evening wear in sad, Amish colors and fabrics, that's pretty bad.

21. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

My bottom three were poopy pants, shower curtain, and foaming vagina.

22. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I FLOVED poopy pants! I would have ranked them like this:

1. Alexandria
    2. Jeremy
    3. Helen
    4. Dom
    5. Alexander
    6. Miranda
    7. Kate
    8. Bradon
    9. Karen
    10. Justin
    OUT: Ken

23. duane

duane New Member

I agreed with the judges' choices of the winner and loser. I can't believe Justin sent that hot mess out.

Tim's PC move was not at all surprising.

24. my little pony

we really are on lifetime now

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Poopy pants or not I'm Alexandria won just for the fact that it probably made Ken so mad. :EVILLE:

26. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Oooo! Hadn't thought of that. Karmic bitch-slap? :)

27. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Ken just couldn't believe that Alexandria was top 3 and he was bottom 3. He was probably really steaming when she won. That being said, I liked her jacket, but not the pants. Loved when the model said that in her culture, those pants were underwear.

28. cruisin

I don't mind that Alexandra won. For no other reason than it pissed off Ken. But in all fairness, I did love the top. I actually thought Jeremy should have won again. His dress was stunning.

29. skatesindreams

[QUOTE I actually thought Jeremy should have won again. His dress was stunning.][/QUOTE]

ITA.

30. Jasmar

Jasmar Active Member

Once again, Ya completes the look. I actually loved Alexandria's work this week, but the styling and Ya's attitude and gorgeous skin really made it sing. I think it would've been ugly on a lighter-skinned model, unless Alexandria changed the color of the pants.

And Bradon's winning bowtie outfit was a other Ya triumph. She really is a muse, isn't she?

uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.