Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

So glad Tim is gone. Truly a wackadoodle. However, my hope is that Miranda sees that broadcast and is truly embarrassed and horrified by her behavior. I thought the guys who did the pants outfit (blue shiny pants with a top and vest) did a great job and actually thought they'd be in the top two. The tailoring on those vinyl pants was amazing. Agreed with the judges on the win and am so glad Helen and Kate got along. I am SOOO hating the drama already this season. I have to dvr the show and fast forward through all that nonsense. From the previews, Sandro has his meltdown next week, so hopefully he goes next.
  2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Amen!

Tim was immature.
    He brought most of the derision he received upon himself.
    If you are going to be as far "out there" as he wanted to be, you shouldn't be surprised to get strong negative reactions.

There were several poor designs.
    However, I think that the judges were as tired of Tim as we were; and ready for him to go.

Despite what he said as he was packing, I doubt that he "learned" what he should have from PR.

I hope that Sandro goes next, for all the reasons posted above.
  3. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

I think the combination of the bad outfit, plus the war of words on the catwalk, made them the obvious choice. Unicorn had to go over the rainbow.

All that episode was missing was a Unicorn-ado.
  4. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Plus Timothy was bottom three all three weeks, wasn't he? At that point it would be really hard to justify keeping him over people who weren't.

It's county fair week here and I'm trying to imagine having to make stuff out of the carny prizes (no, you can't have my stuffed dog or teddy bear, it's just musing.) That would...kind of suck.
  5. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Loved the vinyl pants look and think those two guys will be in the top 5.

Sandro's outfit was terrible, I thought Timothy and Miranda's dress was not as bad.

I actually get to watch the next couple episodes early so that'll be fun.
    Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  6. skatesindreams

If the "meltdown" indicated by the promo is any indication, disrespectful/misogynist Sandro may soon be gone.
    No great loss!
  7. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Whilst I'm not sad to see Little Miss Pretentious go, I didn't think the outfit was all that bad.
  8. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I thought Alexander and Justin had the worst look, but having too many ideas usually trumps not having enough ideas. For all the psychodrama, Teams Sandro and Sustainicorn ended up with a couple of very meh looks.
  9. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

The red sombrero dress was fabulous!

I preferred the pants outfit to the cartoon sweater dress. But, I could see that the dress was clever and suited the challenge.

I thought they should have done a double elimination. Based on the behavior of both Timothy and Miranda. And both of their items were awful.

Sandro looks like he will self destruct. But, sometimes the clips are misleading.
  10. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

The cartoon sweater dress reminded me of the mascot for NHK Trophy. ;)
    I liked it.
  11. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Just screened the next episode.

Sandro's frustrations reach a boiling point and things get very nasty.

The challenge -- using bowties -- is the third "unconventional materials" challenge of the season, but at least the ties are fabric.

Major spoilers
    Sandro is safe, but demands to get feedback from the judges, irritating them and his fellow contestants, particularly Helen and Ken.

DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

Elimination spoiler
    Sandro quits, saving Miranda, Sue and Jeremy. Had Helen not had immunity, she would've been in the bottom. Oh there's a nice moment at the end, too.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  12. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Good for Project Runway on the gay marriage props.
  13. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

For once, I disagree with Tim Gunn--Sandro should really be someone else.
    uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  14. PRlady

Wow. Helen was lucky. And Sandro is completely out of line.
  15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

sandro needs to borrow my cat's rescue remedy

and then chase it with a box of wine
  16. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'll bet the deaf guy is really glad he's deaf right now.
  17. my little pony

i was so hoping someone would yell, "this whole trial is out of order"
  18. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

The redhead should've moved to a different seat. Poor thing was stuck in the middle. Helen was supremely lucky Kate gave her immunity last week. What a hot mess! Miranda's is awful, too. I kind is wonder what Timothy would've done with the ties. :shuffle:

ETA Sandro is a complete douche. I can't stand him.
  19. PRlady

Boot Miranda. Jeremy has talent and just was off this week. Dom or Braden could very well win. But I think ken could be a late bloomer.
  20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Goodbye poor man's Freddie Mercury. :kickass: I honestly think Ken saw an opening to make Sandro go nuclear and took it.

Very sweet moment with Brandon's proposal. Odd, but sweet.

I don't get the judge's Kate love. I thought Jeremy would be in the top 3 and she was safe or bottom. Private Miranda can get off my screen any week. Sue just needs to moisturize and stop spending so much $ on tentacles.
  21. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

It was so awesome that Sandro's egotistical drama queen eruption got trumped by Brandon's proposal. Great episode.
  22. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I found Helen just as offensive and out of line. Sandro was talking to another contestant when she broke in to remind him it was all about HERRRRRR. They need to start doing some kind of Psych Eval for these contestants.
  23. PRlady

I think they do Psych Eval in reverse; crazy makes good TV. If everyone was composed and mature like Dom, where's the :drama:?
    uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  24. skatesindreams

Indeed!
    There were several very good looks, too.

Brandon's design sense and skillset are awesome.
    To think that he did that outfit in one day!
  25. my little pony

i'm wondering if helen would have been able to execute her sombrero dress w/o a partner. everything she does on her own is lacking. she might be able to design but she can't execute in the day they are given. if it is going to make her throw fits each week things dont go well, she should follow sandro out the door.
  26. PRlady

Ken is actually more of a jerk than Sandro was.

And Braden could easily have won again. That bridal dress was friggin spectacular.
  27. my little pony

ken is a tool and no where as talented as he thinks he is
  28. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Didn't see the show yet, just looked at the photos on the PR site. I love the dress that won, it reminds me of a Zac Posen dress (this Spring collection) that I was coveting! :) Though the Posen dress had short sleeves, the peplum and piecing were very similar.
  29. skatesindreams

ITA, with all of this.

He's one of the most talented designers that I've seen on PR.And that gown was made in one day!

So very true!
  30. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

The wedding dress was indeed stunning. I was surprised his team didn't win as I thought all three dresses were great and looked like they went together.
    I was nearly praying that Kim would go, but I guess the girl couldn't sew should never have been in the project in the first place. How did she get away with it for so long?
    They mentioned other members helping her sew. Was that it? I hate to sound mean, but, they are there to win, they are only hurting their chances if they help others.
    Classy of Sando to come back and tell all of them how sorry he was. He sounded like he meant it too.
    Next week Ken. PLEASE.