Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

I hate when they want them to create an evening/wedding gown type look in less than a day. I expect a lot of fugly on the runway. (((Diamonds)))

2. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I actually thought a lot was lovely but what was wrong with Helen's dress? I'm DVRing it and watching on and off.

ETA They just showed her dress, so carry on!

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

freddie mercuryovich rebounded nicely from last week with a decent frock, stuck up for the cryer and gave nature boy good advice (which he doesnt want).

4. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Ok I understand why Russian hooker is top three by who the hell can wear it?

Kate deserves the win. Jeremy (I think) with tulle on bottom deserved top three and so did Braden, again.

5. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I thought the Russian hooker looked like ass. :slinkaway: And I didn't think Timothy's looked that bad. I don't think he should've been bottom three. I think the Russian should've been in the bottom. :shuffle:

6. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Kate totally deserved the win, but Braden should have been at the top. I thought Dom's was strict middle of the pack. There was some serious ugly going down the runway, as Laura Bennett would have said, much uglier than the look that was thrown off. There were a lot of construction issues there.

That was the most tepid "yay you're in" for Timothy I've ever seen in 14 seasons of this show. No one likes a pretentious unicorn. No one.

7. my little pony

i was thinking it is good silhouette for me

8. my little pony

i was so distracted worrying that she would be able to raise the tax money to save tara that i couldnt focus on the dress

PRlady and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I only liked one of the top 3. Kate's top looked too lop-sided to me and Russian was just tacky. Dom was robbed.

10. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I thought Dom's dress was overrated. They dinged Unicorn Boy because a bra couldn't be worn with his racer front dress; a bra couldn't be worn with Dom's either, but I don't remember that ever coming up. Ditto the uneven, unfinished trim and the wonky waistline.

Bradon wuzrobbed. :mad:

11. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Remember, this is Bunim-Murray, not Magical Elves. The first few elims are to get rid of folks who don't measure up in the "good TV" department. The winners are the ones the producers are putting forward as candidates for final 4.

We're stuck with Unicorn Boy and Russian Crazy until top 7 or until someone else becomes "good TV"

12. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind the Crazy Russian if he didn't curse so much. All the bleeping hurts my ears. :) I was so hoping Timothy would be gone last night. I thought his dress was hideous - the non-bra was a non-issue for me because it seemed pretty obvious that no one with more than mosquito-bite boobs would have been able to wear the dress to begin with. Plus I liked Khanda (or whatever her name was). And other than Deaf Guy, I don't really like any of the others as people.

13. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Why was this a one day challenge?
    Considering that, most of the dresses were better than I thought they would be.

My favorites were Braden, Jeremy and Justin.

I would have sent both Timothy and Helen home.
    Aside from the poor construction, have they never heard of putting a bra/cups into a dress?

14. PRlady

I like Philly girl Dom (?) who made the green-and-white dress, even if I didn't think it deserved to be top 3. Justin's dress was also gorgeous.

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Russian Boy at least can give good advice (which appears to have been based on watching the show.) I can't decide if Nature Boy is REALLY that pretentious and dumb or if he is actually clever like a fox and realizes "argumentative eccentric ****waffle" means the producers will keep him on the show longer. I suspect he got dinged more for the can't-wear-a-bra thing because the other dress it looks like you can't wear a bra because that's the dress, with his it looks like you can't wear a bra because you put the dress on backwards.

I actually started to like Russian Boy's, except for that crumb-catching dust ruffle on the front. That wasn't easy to sew, but then to stick some weird shelf on the front?

I love big gowns that involve complex skirts, but I also liked the green and white, because it *really worked* with that necklace.

16. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

:lol::lol: Love this!

While I can't stand nature boy as a person or a designer, I thought the whole "can't wear a bra with it" argument was lame. Most of what the designers send down the runway each week can't be warn with a bra. Besides, the only time I have ever heard them even mention this was by Joanna Coles in the All-Star episodes.

Kate was the far winner. Hated the tacky Russian's dress. Butt ugly.

That poor model; Nature Boy's train wreck last week, then that mess this week. As already said, why would they make a challenge like this a one-day challenge? Was actually kind of glad to hear tacky Russian guy mention this on the runway.

17. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

While I liked both Bradon and Jeremy's dresses better than some in the top 3, I think they gotted dinged for having a relatively simple shillouhette.

Again, I understand the judge's decision to dump the contestant who despite having sewn a better outfit showed the least design, especially for a high-end challenge. Kahindo's design looked like going to church and then bruch at a chicken-n-waffles hut more than a red-carpet look gone wrong. :shuffle:

18. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I hated Tim and the Russia man dresses again. I wish they would get rid of both of them. But they make good tv I guess.

19. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate Active Member

My daughter said if Sandro's model's dress could store French fries in the top.

Karen's dress was a gaping mess. Miranda's was an ugly mess. Reminded me of Barbie clothing. Sue's dress looked like a commercial for static cling. Timothy's dress....Who would wear that?!

Is there a webpage with $ spent per designer/episode?

20. skatesindreams

As the models were going down the runway, they showed how much $$$ each designer spent.

21. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I didn't like the team concept so I skipped last season, but I'm thrilled about this season.

Timothy needs to go. His dresses are just about the ugliest things I've ever seen on the show. They blasted Kahindo for not having an evening gown ... blue velvet already can look matronly and cheap, and then he adds a white sheet to it?

Helen's was atrocious as well. I feel really bad for that model -- two terrible designs in two weeks.

I appreciated that Dom did something different, as did Sandro. I liked Sandro's vintage concept, but he went overboard on the lace and it looked cheap.

Bradon's was very good, but they don't want to establish a frontrunner so quickly. I've liked both of Ken's dresses so far, and I can see him making it far.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  22. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

So I watched this for the first time...I thought the model who's designer got kicked off looked the best. That was a gorgeous dress. Apparently not the type of dress they were supposed to make, but it seemed to be the one of the best tailored dresses.

23. PRlady

It wasn't fashion forward enough. My equation is that if I, a conservatively-dressed fiftysomething woman with a decent but not model figure, would wear it, then it's too blah for Project Runway. :lol:

24. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Not only that, but would you wear it with all of that jewelry? It just didn't fit the challenge. Put on a jacket and you could wear that to work.

25. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate Active Member

Yes- but I was watching the clothing and kept missing the money spent. I was hoping there was a recap online somewhere.

26. my little pony

the episode is up on their website, it lets you skip ahead

27. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Miranda's uniform gaffe is all over the inter webs today. Long story short, Miranda's got advanced clearance from the Army to wear her uniform on PR as long as she wore it properly. She had it on for the runway taping, and was told by the producers to remove the jacket as well as the name plate and insignia from the shirt. As soon as the first episode aired, active and retired military came down on Miranda pretty hard, forcing her to defend herself and out the producer. The producer has apologized, but it's a bit too little and too late.

This is something that really bothers me. Its common knowledge that uniforms must be worn properly. If a contestant has clearance, it's the responsibility of B-M to make sure everyone is aware.

28. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I'm just catching up. I thought SustainableTim should be auffed. At least the woman who was kicked off had a nice design the week before.
    My early favorite is BradonTheDancer!

29. skatesindreams

Mine, as well.
    He seems to have a dancer's sense of what looks good/works on a woman's body.
    He also has the skill to execute his designs; something that many PR hopefuls lack.

30. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Timothy needs to go. He got his message in the public eye, concerning sustainability, but there has to be creativity and talent there, too. Hard to believe he was dancing around the sewing room to celebrate THAT work.