Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I loved Dom's collection! A fantasy, what high fashion is supposed to be.

2. duane

duane New Member

I liked Dom's collection, but HATED her models' hair!!

3. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

Justin and Dom's collections are growing on me. I think Dom will win with Justin in second. Maybe. Alexandria in third and Bradon disappointingly in last. Too much of the shiny fabric. It got cheap and matronly looking in parts.

4. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I liked the retro hair. :shuffle:

Braden's was so much more beautiful moving on the runway than in still photos. The last dress was breathtaking.

I can't pick between them but one of them should win.

5. duane

duane New Member

I actually liked Alexandria's collection the best! But I think I'll be in the minority again like with Gretchen. ;)

uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i would pick braden. i thought some of dom's fabric looked cheap. i dont think justin is as good as either of them. and alexandria's reminds me of someone rich who decides to become a squatter. watch her win.

oh duane, loggerheaded again!

7. uyeahu

I preferred her collection as well but Nina didn't look amused. I think she goes for Dom or Justin and takes Zac with her.

8. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Now I HAVE to root for Dom.

Eta: YAY!

9. duane

duane New Member

I'm glad Dom won tho, because she was consistent throughout the entire season.

10. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

At least you're consistent.

If it was just based on tonight, I'd have given it to Justin, but been very complimentary towards Dom. I'd have wondered how the hell Alexandria and while it pains me to say it, Bradon, got there and who they bribed/blew to get there. Having seen the entire season, I think Dom is the clear winner. There were a few challenges early on where I felt at the very least she should have been top three if not outright won.

11. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Alexandria wuzrobbed. Dom - meh. Do not get the love at all.

12. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I'm okay with the win. I don't really like color-phobic designers, although I will admit that Justin's and Alexandria's collections were considerably better than the clothes they made for the challenges. So for me it was between Bradon and Dom, and I liked Dom's collection a little bit better.

13. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Alexandria's was my least favorite, so I'm surprised she was top two. Guess I'm just not punk enough.

Dom's was my favorite, except for that bathing suit.

14. uyeahu

I saw the Retro in Dom's collection much more than the Futurism. It was very Diana Ross, Lady Sings the Blues for me. That may have been more a styling issue though.

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I didn't care for Dom's retro/future concept.
    Bradon was my favorite from the start; and remained so.

I wonder which collection Tim Gunn preferred?

16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I liked Alexandria's the best because I would wear it, and Justin's second best. But they were fairly monotone and the judges are all about the color! I did think Dom's looked so much better on the runway than in photos. I am not a fan of the screaming print, the shiny silver dress, the bathing suit, or the plastic stuff, but she did have the strongest voice and most distinctive silhouettes out there. So I am fine with her win. I liked Justin's muse look, but there were other ones out there that might have made more of an impression at the judging. I think they had their minds made up though when Braden didn't come through. I think Alexandria was a surprise second place.

Braden's - he was my favorite throughout the season, but I agreed with Nina that it was like multiple mini collections. I liked his blue print fabric much more on the runway than I did in photos so I loved the last dress. And I liked the other pieces to the extent they were made of that fabric -- but I didn't like the shiny fabric at all. It looked like rumpled disco lame fabric on the runway. The big skirt would have been so nice in all white or even in a matte peach. I also liked the white top with the crocus print (on top of the big skirt) and his unconventional materials look - not fashion forward but pretty. I liked the peachy purpley print too, but hated the matronly one shoulder poofy detail and the shiny pants he used with those pale print looks. His washable look was too toga for me. There were at least 2 looks that didn't really go with anything else other than there was some white or some blue in them.

Of the decoy collections, I would really like to see Alexander's live on the runway. Helen's and Jeremy's looked pretty bad. Kate's was hit and miss for me.

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Since the judges talk out of both sides of their mouths about what they want to see in the Finale collections - "cohesion" vs. "variety":
    no wonder designers are confused about what to present on the runway.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  18. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

They are nothing if they are not totally unpredictable. They were also off on the need for color this year when some past winners have sent down a whole bunch of black or neutrals for the finale.

19. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

This time, the contestants really set it up for producer's (read Heidi's) choice - Alexandria and Justin had the best unconventional looks, Dom had the best washable look, and the three of them presented fairly cohesive views that didn't stray too far from what they had done during the season. Poor Bradon... I'm not sure what he was thinking.

20. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

In addition to thinking her clothes sort of meh, I got increasingly creeped out by Alexandria's hysterical insistence that she had to win, that she had sacrificed everything, everything. :drama: Come on, Dom was working two jobs, Dmitri was a broke immigrant, Sebelia had a new kid and had quit his job to do PR, everyone's got a sob story.

Another reason I liked Dom winning is that she is a sane, mature mensch at the ripe old age of 24. :p

21. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

I am rather surprised by Alexandria's looks as I actually liked them the best. She was always consistent throughout the show, but I wasn't really blown away by anything until the run way show. She should have won IMO.

I am sadly underwhelmed by Dom. During so many of the challenges she came out with looks that were more unique and beautiful. I loved the stuffed plushy look that she came up with during the carnival challenge and the butterfly jacket from a couple of shows back. It seemed like they went with her in part because of how bland and linear Michelle's looks were last season.

22. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Except for Dom, everyones look was just to bland for me. And bland is soooo boring.
    Brandan was me favorite from the beginning, and I thought it would be cool if Justin won,
    Hated everything Alexander did from the very first episode.
    So I was satisfied with Dom's win.

23. uyeahu

If you'll recall Dom was partnered with Alexandria for the Carnival challenge and if you look at Alexandria's portfolio leading up to Project Runway she was already making the monster dresses. So Dom benefitted greatly from that partnership.

24. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I'm not reading any of these posts yet because I accidentally ERASED the finale!!!!!!!!! (The phone rang when I was just starting to watch it, and I didn't scroll down far enough, and hit "erase". I hope it is going to be on again soon. (Part one is on the cable guide, but not part two yet.)

25. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Next week is the reunion show, they have been re-running episodes before the fresh one, so maybe that will repeat?

26. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Congrats to Dom! She has a great personality and I have always enjoyed her outfits on a runway, so I'm pretty happy with her victory.
    Project Runway official web on lifetime has full episodes, so you can watch it there.

27. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

realitytvfan.org is your friend ;)

28. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I don't see it on the guide yet! Finale Part I is on there. I'll keep checking.

29. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Thanks for the idea, but no thanks. I'm not going to sit in a desk chair in this room and not be able to FF. (I tried watching All My Children online and I couldn't do it. Fortunately, they ran them all on OWN later.)

30. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

O.k. - the cable guide is now showing part 2 of the finale at 7 p.m. Thursday, only an hour though. Then the reunion at 8, then All Stars at 9.