Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I hate that any challenge with non-models is referred to as "real people". Are the models artificial?

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

there could be an mc hammer show in branson we dont know about yet

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  3. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

It's interesting that she asked him directly about his two sides and whether or not his bad alter ego had shown up.

4. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Helen's dress was (finally) gorgeous and flattering. Maybe she should stick to non-models?

The judges got it right, I would indeed have sent Ken home but that should have happened about four episodes ago. That dress would not have sold on the remainder rack at marshall's. Meanwhile, I wanted Justin's dress for myself with my own signature doodling down it, what a great concept.

Kate, Helen, Bradon are the final three. I like Dom but the judges don't seem to.

5. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I liked Helen's dress, but thought the shoes were too heavy for it. She should have used a strappy shoe.

6. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

That auf seemed pretty choppy - I wonder if something was cut?

7. duane

duane New Member

I suspect the mom is a bigger drama queen than Ken, so she'll probably view him as the victim.

I thought the Ken/Alexander "showdown" was hilarious! Unlike the women who Ken showed out on, no way was a queen going to allow another queen to bring the drama! I think Ken thought Alexander was simply going to let him get away with his attitude, and was shocked when Alexander returned the favor. Of course, being the drama queen that he is, Ken had to really step it up a notch when that happened (but not surprisingly, his anger was directed not towards Alexander, but to the female PR staff).

8. emason

emason Well-Known Member

I kept thinking Robin Hood myself.

9. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I knew it was coming, but I'm disappointed that Justin's look didn't win. Such a cool design and it looked amazing on her. I'd love that dress.

Not only did Helen benefit from her fan having the biggest transformation with the makeover, but her fan also had a body type that was closer to those of the usual models. Her dress looked good, but she had a huge advantage. Braden did to an extent too.

10. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

btw, sleuthers say that Ken was to show at MBFW, but pulled his collection at the last moment. I wonder if Bunim Murray got any backstage footage as they typically don't film the decoys.

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

He should have been sent packing weeks ago!

My favorites were Braden and Helen.

12. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

That's what I said!

13. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I went to an all girls boarding school in the 9th grade and we did NOT act like Ken and Alexander. :slinkaway:scream:

14. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

The Kiva guy might have been picked last but believe me he has many times the impact of the others. Translating these innovators into print fabrics is a stretch, though.

15. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I'm at a hotel that doesn't carry Lifetime! Recap please - when it's over. Thanks

16. my little pony

congratulations alexandria, your look makes your model look like she has a beer belly

17. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Well if Alexandria doesn't go home this time then I know nothing about fashion.

Oops. She's safe :confused:

Dom or Braden should win.

18. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Kate should not be gone before poopy pants.

19. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Exactly. This was Kate's only bad look of the season and Alexandria's look was shite. :mad:

20. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I couldn't believe Justin ended up safe.

21. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Ken's "real woman" model, Susi, has written an interesting series of posts about her experience on the show. It starts here.

ETA: I hated Kate's look, but, once again, I can't really remember anything she's done this season. But I hated Alexandria's look even more. That was just all kinds of drab and ugly.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  22. my little pony

there was so much fail here tonight.

23. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I am totally baffled at how Alexandria got through with that.

Kate's mess deserved to go with her, though.

Helen's star print seemed very junior department to me. For very young juniors.

24. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I thought Dom';s "winning" print was hideous and made her model look like a sun-burned zebra. Helen's drama got old very fast; I can't imagine how bad it must be to be trapped in a room with all that whining and I did not get where that star print came from. Justin's idea and print looked okay to me, but I really think his actual sewing skills are lacking if he can't get seams to not pucker.

I really want that HP tablet though.

25. my little pony

i dont think i would have given anyone the win

26. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Aw. 25 years and 15 pounds ago I would have worn Braden's thing in a heartbeat. I'd still wear the jacket, the dress would take chain-mail Spanx.

Dom's is not my taste, I don't like loud prints, but I thought she did a good job with it.

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    I'm with you.

Bradon's skill and taste are apparent.
    That was a big task, done in a very short time.

The fit of Dom's dress was "off" to me.

28. duane

duane New Member

I thought Kate, Justin, and the two Alexs all should have all been sent home. But if I had to choose only two, it would have been Alexandria (I was :confused: when she was safe!) and Kate.

I loved both Dom and Bradon's outfits.

29. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Ugh, how could Kate think that was even the least bit fashionable. And so poorly made. I am surprised they sent her home, but she deserved it. I thought Alexandria's was a mess. Worse than the brown cake priestess. And Justin's didn't look bad from far away, but up close, yowza, really poor construction. I think I would have given the Pope a pass with all those other atrocities.

Wasn't crazy about Helen's but it was the third best up there. I really liked Braden's. Liked Dom's dress but not so much the print.

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Kate was WEEKS past her auf date. That thing last night looked like a tissue paper fight.

No clue how Alexandria is still there either - that was hideous and they called it SAFE? :wall:

The clear winner of Project Runway this year is Ya, the model. She sells everything they put her in and makes crap garments look much better.

Didn't get the love for Dom's dress, but she's been underrated all season, so she must be getting the 'dark horse who shines' edit. And Kiva is such an awesome idea, so I'll live with the win. Better than giving it to Helen. :scream: