Project Runway - Season 12 - Our "Guilty Pleasure" Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Jun 22, 2013.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

2. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

More Tim Gunn :cheer2: Always a good thing.

3. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Make It Work!

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Yes Tim makes the show. I love him.

5. skatesindreams

He's what I enjoy most about the show, too!

6. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, skatesindreams.

I've been looking at some of the designer home/ closet tour videos. One of the designers, Timothy Westbrook, mentioned he's been figure skating since the age of 2, so he'd probably be a figure skater if he wasn't a designer. He seems to have an outgoing, bubbly personality and talent too. There's a lot of young designers for Season 12. And apparently one of the designers is deaf. All seem very talented and it should be a fun season.

Great that Tim will be more involved in the judging decisions too! I read that Tim was responsible for having the designer who eventually won Season 11 brought back for another chance after she was auf'ed prematurely, and not for a bad nor poorly constructed design but because she didn't listen well to exactly what Nina was looking for in the Marie Claire-related challenge.

7. skatesindreams

Reminder:

Thursday 7/18/2013:
    Project Runway Lifetime 9:00 PM

8. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Eeee, and Thursday is my Sunday so I can watch prime time! (Third/swing shift off the normal week schedule makes it tricky with TV when I have no DVR.) I wonder who the "mystery" is....

And anything with MORE TIM GUNN has to be good...

9. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

10. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Whee and cutie Zac Posen returns as a judge. :cheer: The first challenge the designers have to create an outfit from a parachute.

11. skatesindreams

12. peibeck

Bumping up for tonight's premiere of Season 12 in less than an hour on the east coast and midwest. :cheer:

13. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

....Please, get rid of Nature Boy. What a pretentious...gah.

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

and unconventional material challenge is prob the best his girl will look w/o hair or makeup or shoes. and it doesnt look very good. she looks like some shabby lamp from "pearl of the east"

15. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I'm watching via DVR, so I'm way behind, but if a model's vagina is showing, she has a serious medical problem.

Re. the prizes, all the cash is going to go towards taxes. :shuffle:

16. peibeck

I liked Sue's design the best, but I agree with who got offed. I think it was a total lack of design.

17. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Well, they kept a little black box superimposed over the area in question when the poor, embarrassed model couldn't cover it with a scarf. It was probably more like an egregious cameltoe by how the veerry short shorts were cut.

18. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Oh, I know she was flashing something! I was just annoyed at how everyone was saying the wrong thing was showing. :p

19. skatesindreams

Had I been the model I would have complained to the producers.
    She shouldn't have been forced to "present" that.

I would have sent Sandro packing immediately.

"Nature Boy" isn't the only "strange" contestant.

20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Timothy showed promise in 'Road to the Runway'. His items are beautiful. But, once he pulled that pretentious glitter shoe unicorn asshat stuff in the workroom, and then BURNED NYLON while babbling about sustainability, he became runway roadkill to me. And the 'model dance'? Pretend you're the Virgin Mary sniffing her armpit while being pulled by ropes? Did he inhale the nylon fumes? :confused:

Sandro's model deserves a medal. The photos on Lifetime show that Zac must have been on crack when he said that monstrosity was 'well cut'. It gaped horribly and the only thing it cut was the model's lady bits. :eek: Anyone remember ESosa's washer and string bikini? This mess made the bikini look like a nun's habit. And if he's going to adorn something with jewelry from some cut rate 'Southern' department store, it should have been her crotch area. Add that to his obvious anger issues and he need to get off my screen.

Now to the good - :cheer2: to having more Tim Gunn! And hooray for having the panel look closer at the top and bottom designs. I don't believe the 'blind judging' will work - they'll know by reactions and style who's who.

Should be interesting watching the Mood Money card through the season. Did I understand that they all start the season with the same amount? Wouldn't that suck for the people who last longer? Or do they reload the card? I can totally see producer manipulation happening later this season if one of their favorites winds up broke (like Anya in her season).

21. my little pony

i loved when TIM GUNN shut down that whole crazy walk. timothy's model deserves time and a half. if i had no shoes, no hair, no makeup and unicorn boy had stilettos, i'd rip them off his feet.

22. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I wanted her to tell him to STFU. And when he is auffed, soon I hope, I wish that someone else could take her, she's a beautiful girl.

(I just watched my DVRed premiere. The guy from Alabama wuzrobbed, his beautiful dress with the stiff ruffle was gorgeous and should have been top 3. But the right dress won, what a fairytale gown he made out of a parachute!)

23. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

As we know, Tom & Lorenzo are the go-to guys for the best snarks. Their take on Nature-Boy:
    and on Sandro "Freddy Mercuryovich.":

24. my little pony

THIS is the season where we need the dishy model show that used to follow PR.

25. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I agree that the right one won, but I think the wrong one went home.
    It should have been Sniff the arm pit boy or the women hater private parts expose man.
    On second thought, I would have certainly sent both of them home.

26. Ageless

Ageless Member

^^ Totally agree!

27. skatesindreams

Neither one of them seem to realize that the PR opportunity is not about making a spectacle of themselves; or embarrassing their model.

28. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

But, I think this model may well not be picked, if they chose models again this year. I am pretty sure that Sniff boy will not chose her.

29. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I think deaf guy does indeed have an advantage!

30. my little pony

i surprised nature boy didnt ask for coal instead