Project Runway All-Stars - "It's All About The DRAMA"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Anyone still watching? I wasn't too crazy about any of them, but I guess if you can't walk without ripping the dress, the dress won't work on the red carpet.

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If she had chosen the right fabric and lining, the dress would have been stunning.
    This was a very difficult challenge, given the 10 hours allowed.

I would have given the win to Christopher.
    His dress was a good mix of "Red Carpet" and "fashion forward".

Lisa isn't going to enjoy wearing the top/bodice pf the dress she chose, IMO,

Zanna's workroom comments/criticisms were not helpful, and threw everyone off.
    What qualifications does she have, besides editing a magazine?

3. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

Agreed. She's no Tim Gunn.

And I don't want to be overly cynical but Viktor sure seems to have realized he was in trouble early on last night and decided to give the producers a little drama. His dress was easily the worst on the runway but he knows how the game is played and managed to keep his ass out of the bottom 3.

I'm going to miss Irina's professionalism.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

even with the tear, i would have kept irina

i dont think korto's was that great, but i dont see lisa wearing any of the others on something qvc will broadcast live

5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm a QVC watcher and Lisa loves the fake tanner. There's no way she would have let the original day glo orange near her skin - she'd look like an oompa loompa. :p Loved how it went from 'a major red carpet event like the Oscars' to 'a red carpet event'. I've never seen the Q at an Oscars, let alone an Emmys. She'll probably wear the thing for a vacuum cleaner show with a red carpet on the floor. That said, Korto's was the easiest to mass produce and the most flattering for the shoppers (me included, even though day glo orange and taupe isn't my preferred color choice in ANY season).

I think Irina was booted way too early, but she's been underrated by this panel for weeks, so she's probably glad to be rid of those faux designers and robot host.

uyeahu - I agree. Just when exactly did Victor decide to drop the fan and mope around the room? Did he sit at home and go, "hmm, if I make top 6, I'll add to my storyline"? Last week, Elena called him a frenmy after he borrowed her idea and won. Now they're besties in and off the show? :rolleyes: I'm a cynic.

6. skatesindreams

It has been mentioned several times that they knew one another before PR.

7. my little pony

dbell, i assume lisa means those "red carpet" parties they host during fashion week. they always advertise it as "live from the red carpet" but then she's at some qvc pop up store or in the park.

8. skatesindreams

9. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I really liked Elenas dress...
    I would wear it!

On a more fun note - in a preview for next episode I am pretty sure I saw this youtube girl who is insane (in a funny way). SHe is well known as JlovesMac1.

10. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Chemotherapy and steroids

11. skatesindreams

^^^
    Whatever the reason, he certainly didn't look well.

12. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

I am really disappointed that Irina is gone. I think she was one of the better designers there and thought she would win. If Elena ends up winning this thing, I will be ill. The QVC lady has had a bit too much plastic surgery! Her face was so tight, it was uncomfortable to look at her. I really like Viktor, but the timing of his AIDS admission was really weird. They have ten hours to make a red carpet gown, and he decides right then that he has to get that off his chest? Weird. That said, what an incredible burden for him to carry around. I wish the best for him. I was not a fan of any of the gowns this week, but Korto's last minute one was my favorite. I would have liked a different color, though.

That was the first I have heard of Tim Gunn's new show; I am going to have to do some research on that to see what it's about.

13. skatesindreams

14. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Mondo came to mind during that.

15. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Yup. I guess I'm a real cynic, but I was thinking "I need more airtime. Right. HIV status worked before, why not now?"

16. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I assumed that was engineered by producers to provide drama. There are likely medical disclosures required for participation so they have probably known since his original season.

17. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

18. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

It was just such odd editing. It came out of nowhere, then went nowhere. If one of my best friends told me that, I would be devastated. I would not want to get back to the workroom and finish my gown, which is what Elena suggested just minutes after finding out the news.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I don't understand this decision at all. Luna made a poorly constructed, ill-fitting gown in a hideous colour that had way too many ideas for one garment. It was a mess. He was the worst by far, IMO.

Shabayeva made a wedding dress that was too tight and ripped, yes. But it did look stunning and elegant (whilst Luna's to me had no redeeming features) and she's been a very consistent, solid designer always putting out high quality work.

:mad:

As for Luna's confession, it seemed staged by the producers in a very heavy-handed manner.

P.S. What was Milano wearing? :p

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  20. duane

duane New Member

I agree with Ziggy's entire post.

21. my little pony

alyssa milano has never looked so unfortunate. that view of the shorts in the back is just no. and they have shown it over and over, maybe they dont like her either.

22. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Can we send her home?

uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  23. skatesindreams

I liked Christopher's dress best.
    I'm glad he stood up for himself.

Why has Nina decided that she doesn't like him?
    Is it because she can't imagine clothes that aren't "severe", or is there something else?

For an arbiter of "style and taste" she seems to lack same.

24. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Maybe it was the green. All of a sudden, everyone hates green.

25. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I thought this All Star Season was going to be set up for a Victor win since he's the most "wuz robbed" second place other than Mondo. And then he got the Mondo edit. And then he kind of imploded. Not that his outfit was bad.

Seth Allen hasn't really done anything great has he? Nothing I can recall.

26. skatesindreams

I thought Christopher used that green in a way that wasn't dreary, unlike most attire using "military" colors.

27. jamesy

jamesy of the United States of America

These designers learned nothing from their seasons if they didn't realize ninagarcia always gets her way. They should have all made little pantsuits for her.

28. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I really thought Christopher was going to go because all the judges seem to dislike his dress. I was wanting both of them to stay, To bad one had to go cause both of them have put out some great things a few times.
    I must say Elena seems to have learned a lot since her season. I hated her and her clothes her first time around.

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Victor was way past his expiration date, so I'm glad he and his fugly fan are off my screen. :p

I'm a huge green fan, but Christopher's trench made the blogger look huge. And if the challenge is to showcase orchid, don't just add a clutch in the color. Ninagarcia's death stare was pretty awesome. :lol:

Elena's jacket was wrong for her blogger's body type.

30. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

This was an interesting challenge (and a great way to force color-phobic designers to actually use a color). Maybe it was my TV screen (or my computer screen) but their version of radiant orchid seemed a little pinker than pantone's (which seems more purple)

http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21130

Korto had this won hands down. The only drawback to her look was the focus-pulling footwear than her model supplied. I agree that Elena's jacket was wrong for her particular (tiny) model. It's busy, sculptured, voluminous. You need to be a very tall skinny model to pull that off without looking like its devouring you. Very cool though.