Project Runway All-Stars - "It's All About The DRAMA"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see Daniel go so soon. I liked him on his season and in the all stars.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

How did Irina not win last night? That was fabulous from head to toe! :confused: Guess the producers are playing up the Michael vs. Jeffrey angle? Of course, they're so far removed, I'd forgotten both of them until this year. :p

I think Melissa is next to go. The only thing that saved her last night was them being annoyed by Daniel's plastic.

I had to :rolleyes: at Anya's comments last night. The woman's main choice of fabric was a FREAKING GLUE GUN in her undeserved winning season. :mad:

uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  3. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I liked Irina's but I thought Mychael's was better. It was really interesting and edgy but also looked expensive and wearable. You could visualize an entire ready-to-wear collection born out of that one design idea. Irina nailed Avant Garde, but it was also costumey. They gave Jeffrey a hard time for maybe going too far, but even what he sent down the runway was more wearable than Irina's.

4. duane

duane New Member

I agree, and she's SO wooden and boring!

5. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Did you see the first season of Top Chef? I think it was that show where the first seasons host was awful and wooden.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Yeah, Katie Lee Joel was a TERRIBLE host! Padma is A LOT better.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  7. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Good grief! She's an actress.....can't she act like a competent host? She is ruining a perfectly good show!

8. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Well, that was interesting. I guess the producers promised the 3 winners that they'd keep them in it up until a certain point. That's the only possible reason that they didn't kick Jeffrey to the curb.

9. uyeahu

I think Jeffrey is having renovations done on his house and needed a free place to stay for a few weeks. That's the only reason I can fathom he's doing so poorly. As much as I disliked him during his season, he was a talented designer. I'm seeing none of that talent this time around.

10. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

That dress was horrendous. And I actually like velvet, but would not have worn that to clean the living room. Korto should not have been bottom three and Chris should have won. I was with the interior decorator who said out front that was the best dress.

Victor's was interesting and challenging and a lot harder for a normal person to wear. Also, when did Victor get so flamboyant with the fan and everything? He was a lot more normal in his own season.

11. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I guess he was cast as Mondo, but wants to put his own spin on it.

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm with you.
    I wish Chris had won.

Victor's dress didn't read "Cocktail" to me.
    Victor now designs/styles for Adam Lambert, which might explain it!

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i would have given the win to christopher. i am ok with melissa going home. hers was all lumpy and either poorly sewn or her intention was a mess. i would take korto out of the B3 and replace her with mychael. those wings on the hips make even the model look awkward.

i'm so over the host i begrudge her every time she speaks. she should be silent and point.

14. uyeahu

I'm sure however she pointed would be equally annoying. She's going to put me off this season.

15. duane

duane New Member

Was not at ALL impressed by the designs, which I thought were mostly horrible. I would have chosen Viktor, Korto, and Irina as the "top" three. It was difficult to pick a bottom three, but I would have chosen Jeffrey, Mychael, and Seth Aaron, with Jeffrey sent home.

I still feel the season hasn't started yet! The host, designers, designs...hoo-hum.

16. Jem X

Jem X Merry Christmas!

I'm liking Alyssa Milano as the host. You all must not remember Angela Lindvall. Talk about wooden.

17. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

She was the worst. Sometimes you could see her eyes go across and back as she read the cue cards. Alyssa is charismatic and engaging when compared to her.

Some fans I know IRL complain about Heidi as a host. Clearly, her job is not as easy as we all assume.

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Jeffrey's was the worst. The winners must be guaranteed a certain number of weeks because his avant garde was butt ugly too.

19. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I can't really imagine how Jeffrey found his way into designing for children,
    I never cared for his POV; but, he seems to have lost his "edge".

20. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I think he had to pay the bills. His son would be 8 or 9, so he may have been doing some stuff for kids anyway.

21. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

No one went home? Lame.

They better have a double elimination next week.

Seriously, Elena is making the same dress every week -- the dress from her decoy collection from her season. It was great then, but not now. She really is a one-trick pony. A crying one-trick pony.

Somehow, I think Irina is going to coast her way into the finale.

22. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Seems to me that someone who designs a dress that exposes the nether regions should be aufed.

23. my little pony

when budget host said, we cant think of a reason to send any of you home, this week's non elimination show had to be pre ordained because i could find several reasons to send home either jeffrey or michael.

24. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Unless Jeffrey's was so bad that they couldn't, in good conscience, kick off Michael or Korto, and they are contractually obligated to keep the winners until a certain time. Though, Michael's was pretty bad, too.

25. slicekw

slicekw #FixingTheInternet

I've said "Oh Korto" for every dress so far this year. I loved her the first time around. Still love her. But she's refusing to adapt to the challenges and I can't see her lasting if she can't get a bit more outside her own box. And I love her style.

Jeffrey, Michael and Elena will hopefully be the next three gone. Michael's a little lost, Jeffrey's just not all there and Elena's living in a box much smaller than Korto.

26. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Tim Gunn's not here, there should have been no "save." All three in the bottom were pretty god-awful. They could have sent them all home. Maybe this will lead to a double elimination next week or right before the final three?

:blah:

27. my little pony

i think jeffrey is daring them to auf him, knowing there is some rule about keeping the former winners x wks. otherwise, i cant imagine why he is there. i think lifetime will keep someone for drama, but more like the elena brand of crazy crying drama.

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I wasn't crazy about Victor's. I liked Seth Aaron's and Irina's better. The kick ball hat cracked me up. I want one. And I could have one so easily.

29. uyeahu

Seth Aaron has been killing it and the judges aren't recognizing. He and Irina should both have been in the top 3 last night. I wasn't a fan of the big princess skirt, but it was still top 3 worthy when compared to the others. Jeffrey should have gone home last night. That was ridiculous.

30. duane

duane New Member

The show has lost all credibility.