Project Runway All-Stars - "It's All About The DRAMA"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skatesindreams, Oct 24, 2013.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'm interested to see how this season pans out. Three former winners are in the mix (Irina, Jeffrey, and Seth Aaron), which is always interesting. Plus there is a ton of fodder. I'm really interested to see what Elena does because her decoy collection was light years ahead of any of those actually in the competition.

3. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Elena brings the drama right from episode 1.

And you know Korto has zero tolerance for drama!

It's really a good mix of contestants this season.

4. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Jeffrey's photos of recent collection clothes are all kids!

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

jeffrey looks like someone on a taqueria sign, 50 yrs after they posed for it

6. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Wow...Zanna was not playing in those critiques! I like her a lot better as a mentor than Joanna Coles.

7. my little pony

totally jealosing over meeting debbie harry

first the hostess, now the qvc wall - they better bring some great designs to make me forget how budget this is looking

8. my little pony

i would cut a bitch for seth aaron's

9. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I'm the bitch you'd have to cut. Love it. And I missed his season completely.

10. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I see the top three, but the bottom three are mind boggling. Daniel's Gay Tribal Easter Basket and Mychael's High-class Hooker escaping the bottom three are amazing.

11. Daphne

Daphne Active Member

I'm so used to it being 1.5 hours that it seemed to almost be rushed tonight to get through it in an hour.

Anyone else underwhelmed with most of the runway looks?

12. my little pony

ita, it seemed too short, especially with this many designers. rate the runway wasnt up when i checked so i cant even check out the gay tribal easter basket.

13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am confused. Didn't they JUST do a All-Stars and Anthony Ryan won?? Why does that feel like only a year or two ago?

14. all_empty

Yeah, they did an All-Stars that ended earlier this year.

I spoke to a former contestant (who shall remain nameless) who joked that they have so many all-star editions that half of the former contestants have appeared as "all-stars." He had no desire to return.

15. duane

duane New Member

If yesterday's show is any indication of what we are to expect, the title of this thread needs to be changed. There was no drama or excitement in the host, the contestants, or the designs.

But I do think that the designer sent home looks way better as a woman than he did a man!

16. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the drama won't be long in coming; after all, Jeffrey is there!

17. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure how Michayyyyel Knight and and Daniel's looks were safe. They were both terrible and clearly the bottom 2. I couldn't see anything punk or aesthetically pleasing about either.

Ari going home so soon is a shame.

Loved both Seth Aaron's look and Elena's coat.

18. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Michayyyel's outfit looked just like a lot of what he did in the past. Way to step out of your comfort zone. :rolleyes:

19. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I am happy with this group in general but could have done without Elena's "DRAAAMMMA.
    And I never thought Jeremy should have won his season. I was pretty certain that he cheated as whatshername accused him of. He seems to have aged a lot since his season. It wasn't that long ago.

20. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

^^^Do you mean Jeffrey...and Laura who accused him of cheating?

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What was Viktor wearing on his hat during the runway show? Were those dinosaurs on the bill? :yikes:

22. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

yes, I have no idea why I put Jeremy, instead of Jeffrey. Senior moment.
    Laura, yes, I had forgotten her name.

23. all_empty

The challenges actually get better and more focused.

For example, the finalists are asked to design collections inspired by their countries of origin.

I wanted to ask Tim if he thought there were too many product placement/unconventional material challenges last season, though. They seemed excessive.

24. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

They are dressing Alyssa Milano as if she were a 6 ft. tall model and it's completely overwhelming her small frame and making her look ridiculous.

25. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

That seems almost tailor made for Korto.

The description of that challenge made me think about when I was 15 and I asked my grandmother on our Dad's side where our ancestors came from and she replied "North Carolina." :shuffle:

26. uyeahu

If they could ever get the hosting situation sorted out I'd really prefer All-Stars to regular Project Runway. (Tim and Heidi should jump ship and make the move over.) The superior level of design and execution on the All-Stars show just makes me so happy to see. Last nights Avant-Garde challenge runway was one of the best runways they've had since the LAST All-Star show and so far exceeded the results we've seen from the regular show cast that it was almost embarrassing. Didn't love Jeffrey's but agreed that he should be safe because he really went for it, unlike Daniel and Melissa who played it safe or in Daniel's case was completely out of his depth. I'm glad he got the auf last night as he tests my patience. Mychael's work is so much better when he's pushed out of his comfort zone and really challenged. Last nights work was the kind of stuff that got him to the final during his own season. Will he learn anything this time and not fall back on his hoochie mama ways? I can't wait to see who wins the bitch battle - Elena or Irina. Elena is probably a better designer but Irina has that killer instinct and works better under pressure. This is going to be such an interesting season to watch.

27. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I would have kicked Melissa to the curb as she's 0 for 2 in finishing her garment.

uyeahu and (deleted member) like this.
  28. my little pony

i hadnt given this a thought but you are totally right. the hosts get increasingly budget but the rest is better than the original.

29. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Oh boo, I deleted this because I thought it was the Season 12 reunion taping. Guess I need to find a replay to tape.

30. uyeahu

Who knew Heidi's job was so tough? You wouldn't think finding an adequate host would be such a tough job.