Project Runway 7

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Lucy25, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

He is a dick, and out of line. But much as I love Carrie's look, I can't feel too bad for her. She's made some REALLY bitchy comments about not just Jay, but other designers and her fellow models, so if once she gets an uber-bitchy personal attack maybe it will make her think twice about what she says to others in the future.

Though it did sound like Jay's comment totally brought down the show. I can just see the producers saying, well, that's it folks. G'night. So much for the hour special. :rofl:
    I'll bet the designers hate each other more now than they did.

2. lash

lash New Member

So happy for Seth Aaron :cheer2:

I am just :confused:at the reunion show. Kinda horrified at the behavior displayed :eek:

Makes you wonder of people ever think about how what they say will reflect on them in the future. Hello! You are on TV immortalized forever making catty and petty comments. Does not bode well for future employment I would think.

3. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I can kinda see why Mila hated Jay so much now. What an immature little shit. Cerri looked like she'd been sucker-punched (and she kinda was).

There were elements of each of the collections that I really liked and elements of each that I hated. That funky patent leather corset thing with the red belt in Seth Aaron's collection was hideous but I loved the last purple dress and the same flowy dress that Nina loved. Emilio is an ass, but that blue coat is amazing. Most of it was just far too basic. As much as people say they want to see designers putting up clothes that real women can wear, Mila is getting very little kudos for doing just that. Her collection was incredibly wearable by women young and old and you wouldn't have to be a toothpick to look good in them. My favorite look was the one Brandise wore and I also loved the purple sweater and white top combo but I hated that boxy tunic that Faith Hill claimed to be her favorite. WTF?

I'm happy with Seth Aaron as the winner because he brought a little more drama to the runway, but I disagreed with Emilio being a second place finisher. I thought Mila's collection was MUCH more interesting and even more commercial.

4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Can someone recap the obnoxious comments made? I didn't watch the reunion show.

5. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

It wasn't that good. Too short to get in depth on anything.

They played different clips, some of people slamming others, then there were long annoying apology exchanges. Ping cried about nothing (something to do with the Jesse thing) and Nina and Tim told her that she needs to channel her emotions into creativity (in other words, stop crying at the drop of a hat!) so she can succeed as a designer. Emilio whined that he didn't understand why he didn't win if his collection was good, how could the judges like it and yet not let him win (they liked them all...so stfu, Emilio). Nina told him it was more a line than a collection. He said he accepted that, but looked pissed off still.

Nastiest thing said was between Jay and Carri. They showed her saying earlier that his designs only had L.A. or Miami appeal. He then said that he will never use "models with bad teeth and thick legs". The whole room went into awkward silence mode. Someone told him then that she was commenting on his style and he said that is his style--L.A--then I think Anthony prodded him to apologize to Carri. So he did a bit half-heartedly.

Maya attempted to explain her whole leaving thing again. Still vague to me. That she thinks she's not ready because she's too young and that she wants to get to Fashion Week someday "on her own terms".

Nothing very interesting.

6. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Between the comment about how Mila was only chosen over him because she has a vagina, and the comments about Cerri, and the fact that he designs for the body of a 12 year old boy, it's pretty evident that Jay really does not like women.

7. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Which makes him different from half the guys and a good chunk of the women in fashion....how? (Look at how many of the female designers on this or Bravo's knockoff attempts have meltdowns when asked to design for a woman who isn't 5'10" and size two.)

Not that there aren't exceptions. Anthony springs to mind, and Seth Aaron's collection is in fact I think pretty female-friendly. I couldn't wear the SIZE the model is wearing, but I could wear a lot of those shapes. Even Esosa's line is in most cases doable by more than stick figures. (Ironically his two most bland and off-the-rack dresses aren't. If you have hips, thighs or a butt, don't even bother with the plain red or plain blue, or that gawdawful miniskirt thingie.) And Mila had some CUTE stuff in there--I love the mid-60s vibe and some of her dresses have just the right retro touch without being costumes. Jay's stuff....you said it, 12-year-old boy. EMACIATED twelve-year-old boy.

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Glad for the result.

It will be interesting to see how Seth Aaron transforms his "fashion show" concepts, which I respect and enjoy, into a marketable line.
    I think that he can become a force in the industry.
    He has an established POV, ideas/designs at the ready; and the will/skill to execute them.

Michael Kors seemed to envy his daring and ability. That's a "win" in itself.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:cheer2: Seth Aaron - Winner! So deserved. SA's runway was outstanding, much more elegant in motion than in the spoiler pics. (Thank goodness the awesomeness of 9 other pieces overcame that purple Barney-meets-Jetsons final garment!) Saw the win coming from a mile away, esp. after reading Tim's comment last week that "one collection stood out far above the others" ... something he'd never say about Emilio's. Found myself teary eyed :wuzrobbed during SA's candid, right after the show (e.g. "my kids are proud of their father").

:cheer2: No more Anthony on my TV screen! Younger and/or straight folks may think that Miss Sugarbaker was the wittiest thing to grace your TV. But we gay men have heard EVERY SINGLE ONE of his PR lines a hundred times in conversation. Tired stuff. Ain't nothin' original about Anthony. Certainly not his OTT bitchiness and passive aggressiveness ... he's full of resentment and thinks he disguises it perfectly with that big smile and southern drawl. E Television, etal, I beg of you: Don't give this queen a recurring job on TV.

:wall: Ping. Still crying, still :drama:, still Ping. She's one of the most neurotic folks I've ever seen on TV. And ... she "forgot" that she was on Project Runway? M-kay, methinks she protests too much. All of that said, I have to admit that I still cannot resist liking her. Such is Ping! :lol:

:) Jonathan still came across as a sweetheart. Glad that he was able to apologize to Cerri on screen (even though it's obvious they were already pals again, as she walked for him in his decoy Bryant show).

:cool: Brandise is borderline homely looking off the runway, but she was the best model of the 30 we saw in the finale. Perfect "everything" for the design and theme of Mila's collection. Her personality is love-it-or-hate-it .. I love it. She'd be great to have a dinner with.

:rolleyes: Jay. Evil little misogynist ... his warts n' all certainly showed themselves during Finale Pts I and II. Bitch boy.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Seth Aaron really did put on a show. It was clearly his point of view, but he stretched himself too. Deserved win (even if I wouldn't wear them). Adorable personality. (And how sweet were Kristina/Valeria too in the recap show).

Emilio's looked much prettier in motion than in the still shots, but it wasn't fashion forward - it was great basic wearable pieces in stand out colors - nice, but not knock outs. Except the last dress -- that was gorgeous.

Mila's was wearable but totally one note. I'd wear the coats in a heartbeat.

11. lash

lash New Member

I can't believe anyone would wear Mila's stuff. Boxy kindergarten art projects. Hideous. All of it. Except Brandise's jacket.

12. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Well ... I don't know whether that's fair for the season as a whole ... Jay got criticism from the judges several times for designing outfits that actually highlighted women's hips. Apparently it was one of the things that he and Tim Gunn disagreed about. Here are some of his comments from an interview:

13. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

14. danceronice

No one but someone with the butt of a prepubescent boy wants to ADD bulk, or can without looking gigantic. I mean, really, does he honestly think any average woman goes into a store and buys something to deliberately make her look wider?

And yes, I'd wear some of Mila's a-line mini/mididresses, at least if they were a color other than gray. THAT was my complaint, there was no color at all. Then Emilo had HIDEOUS colors. Seth Aaron got it just about right. (Except I don't get the purple one, especially with his "inspiration"--so, if the brief was 1940s Russian and German uniforms, because nothing says fashion-forward like Soviets and Nazis, what the heck was that? The little frilly number Stalin liked to slip into after dinner when he was alone? The first clue Hitler had that the head of the SA wasn't like the other boys? It was like "Here's patents and metalics and bright reds with sharp angles and now here's a ruffly purple number tied down with the leftover leather bits".)

15. uyeahu

I guess Seth Aaron and I are the only ones who liked the purple. I thought the color and sheen of the fabric were beautiful and loved that he was able to do volume in a way that didn't make his model look huge (Jay).

16. danceronice

I don't know that it was necessarily bad (if anything it was a little predictably high-fashion), it just kind of stuck out weirdly to me in light of the rest of the collection.

At least it didn't do so the way Emilio's last dress did--ie "MAN, this is so awesome, it makes the rest of the collection look like crap!"

17. BlueAranjuez

BlueAranjuez New Member

Pretty happy that Seth Aaron won. So glad it wasn't Mila--she was so boring.

18. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I actually loved Mila's and Seth Aaron's - I thought the blue coat of Emilio's looked a bit like a snuggie with a buckle :shuffle: I also thought his collection was boring - that red dress :huh: I think the gold end dress walked weirdly, and didn't connect to the rest of the collection. The right person won, but I think Mila should have been second. I liked the purple dress of Seth Aaron's - it's the runway!

ArtisticFan and (deleted member) like this.
  19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Just watched the finale. I think I'll skip the reunion based on the reports above.

I'm so glad that Seth Aaron won! He had the most outfits that I liked (aside from the purple). It was sweet seeing him celebrating with his family. I laughed at the lineup of SA, family, model and Tim Gunn on the end. I don't know why, but it was funny.

I was :huh: at Emilio's color choices. I don't care what the judges say, that print is ugly. I groaned every time it made its way down the runway in one form or another. The only piece I liked was the blue coat. The color was his best choice.

Mila was meh to me. Just more of the same from the season with younger styling choices.

20. uyeahu

Everyone else may already know this, but I just found out that Mila is/was one of the costumers for Dancing with the Stars. In fact she's done a lot of really high profile work. Her IMDB page. She was definitely the right choice for Austin Powers!

21. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

It's better than season six, but not by much. It is better, but after all the criticism of last season, the will to have it be better eclipses everything. The final 3 collections were kinda so-so but the judges insisted on insisting that they were the 3 best collections in PR history. :rolleyes:

As we've seen in past seasons (Kara Sun, Daniel V, etc...) the one who wins a ton of challenges isn't assured the win. But this season, all those challenges were won with pretty basic boring stuff the judges kept praising like they were cavemen who'd never seen a sewing machine before. It insulted the viewers intelligence IMHO.

22. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that the one I was rooting for actually won. That has never happened for me on Project Runway ever.