Project Runway 7

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Lucy25, Jan 11, 2010.

1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Emilio's is not the hideous mess I was anticipating, but good Lord, it's not good, either.

I liked Anthony's collection a great deal, though. :)

2. lash

lash New Member

I think that would go to Uli!

3. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I had to laugh at Brandise referring to Emilio's "E So-so" fabric during MOTR. Emilio has not been given the humble edit so I think that is what puts people off. I really agree with Lorena though that Emilio did a great job of satisfying the parameters of each challenge (except the hardware one), but we didn't really have a vision of his point of view for what he'd do with his own line. That is similar to what happened with Michael Knight. With Mila and Seth Aaron, we had a crystal clear idea of their point of view by the end of the challenges. Anyway, I did really like Emilio's dresses so I hope his collection looks good moving on the runway.

4. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

In my mind, I've cast Emilio as Laura (clothes most 30+ women would want), Mila as Uli (similar fabrics and shapes throughout the show), Seth Aaron as Jeffrey (more modern, but less wearable). I'll be interested to see what time and a job change has done to Nina. IIRC, she voted for Jeffrey in Season 3.

5. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Tim's blogs, both on the Lifetime site and the video one on his FB page, indicate that Emilio's arrogance is not due to editing. In fact, he basically says that Emilio's worst behavior/bragging has been edited out so that he looks less arrogant than he actually has been.

I don't think he has a coherent point of view, either. He did do well on so many challenges. But if you lined everything he made prior to the collection up...there's nothing there to tell us what his identity as a designer is. Mila and Seth Aaron, on the other hand, were consistent in putting their own mark on the challenges.

6. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

7. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

8. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm jealous of a rabbit.

9. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

10. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I love Seth Aaron. Rabbit Runway? I see Animal Planet potential here. :lol:

11. PDilemma

As a 30+ woman who knows many many 30+ women....just, NO. Not in the least bit. Not at all.

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Okay, so I have to admit Seth Aaron's intro was WTF (because nothing says high-fashion to me like the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany....) But I saw two pieces where I went "Okay, want that NOW." (Third to last and second to last.)

And ANTM fans, did I see Noted Fashion Photographer (tm) Nigel in the audience?

OMG Anthony in the audience bopping along to Mila's music....I <3 him.

13. PrincessLeppard

I would just like to say that I think you can buy most of Emilio's collection right now at Kohl's.

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I like Emilio's the least and I will try not to gloat

15. danceronice

I could see buying some of Mila's, and at least three of Seth Aaron's (who I think should win.)

I kind of liked Emilio's last gown, but I have seen it before. Many many many times. on Project Runway. Otherwise...was no one else getting a Church Lady vibe from the colors and prints? Also, WTH was going on with that dress or skirt with the pockets over the crotch? And how he hadn her walk it? HUH?

16. PDilemma

Some of the nicer pieces are at Dillard's. I just kept thinking "ooh, look, it's E Sosa for Dillard's on sale now..." Nice enough but not high fashion.

17. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

I'd be curious to see what these three designers could do with male fashion and male models.

18. danceronice

Why do we not get at least ONE challenge with male models and male clothes? (Not other designers or something gimmicked like that.) And these three probably would have done...at least something interesting. They all can do structured and Seth Aaron and Mila seem to love the patent leather which...hee. I'd enjoy that.

19. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

I agree, I'd love to see Seth Aaron do a men's wear collection. I think it'd be really hot.

20. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Faith Hill is such an odd choice as a celebrity judge. Not just because I don't see her as a fashion force (for good or evil. Just there.). And she doesn't have the personality; I can't see her being critical or snarky. She seemed to genuinely enjoy the show, but there's a difference between enjoying and critiquing.

21. PrincessLeppard

They've done men's fashion before on the show. It was a disaster.

22. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I'm really glad emilio did not win.

23. Matryeshka

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely the right decision. As kinda meh as some of this season was, Seth Aaron's collection truly did knock my socks off. If I had the figure or went to high end places or had lots of money and time to put together those looks, I'd totally wear them.

Seriously, that was one of my favorite collections ever. And Seth Aaron is so adorable. He's what Jeffery wishes he was.

24. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Please tell me this season was better than season six which NZ is showing at the moment. My god its awful. Compared to previous seasons there is a clear lack of talent.

25. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Wow. They are pretty much all bitchy on the Reunion show. :eek:

26. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Seth Aaaron had my favorite collection but Emilio's final dress was :swoon: worthy! I am thrilled with the winner because it was my overall favorite collection and he is a LOT nicer than Emilio who came across as a complete tool. I like how he immediately jumped from thinking no one could or should beat him to "you don't need the crown to be King" comment. Goes to show how big his ego is, I don't think he even thinks he lost...

27. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that cant be the only time someone called Ping crazy

28. Matryeshka

Not at first, but it's much better. I think this season had too many designers. Once it gets down to the final ten, it gets much better.

I don't need to see anymore Ping. Ever. But her hat is very cute.

29. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Wow. Jay's a dick for that nasty comment.

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Let me guess - you've got the Irina season going? :scream:

So - I'm thrilled Seth Aaron won. Glad the top 3 this season were all :kickass: and we had a real competition.

But, I thought esosa's collection was getting picked. Guess once he got the 'I'm a bitchy designer who's always right' edit, that we knew he'd be second?

Mila - well, she redeemed herself in the last show. Now she can go back to her piano key fetish and have an awesome life with her B&W :dog: and her cute bf. :lol:

Reunion show - they're still bringing the :drama: Glad esosa got called out on dumping Holly after she saved his arse when he made that bikini mess. Surprised we didn't hear more from Brandise or Mila.

Maya's real reason for leaving is more fleshed out than we heard on the show. I really expected them to trot out esosa's comment about quitters.

Ping is still odd, but her stuff off the show is very whimsical. She's not a clothing designer.

Jesse is still :EVILLE: with stupid hair and I like Jay less after his comments about Cieri. :lynch: