Project Runway 10 Starts Tonight

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FiveRinger, Jul 19, 2012.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Waahhhhh! My model's fat! STFU Ven.

2. duane

duane New Member

My sentiments exactly. A-hole.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

she's so OLD and so HUGE! how can ven do it? :drama:

4. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

And almost 40. Clearly too old for wearing anything but a hospital gown. :rolleyes:

What a moron.

5. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Ven isn't Mr. Hottie himself. Who is he to make snotty remarks about his client? He's a good designer, but a great designer can design for any size or shape woman. No one will cry if he's told to leave the runway.

6. my little pony

he's shocked her hair looks nice. it's all those trans fats ven!
    his customer service is not going to go over well with those ancient over 40 judges

7. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Ven's outfit wasn't bad, but top is kind of hospital gown. (TM PD)

8. rfisher

What's with the tight skirts with the huge zipper up their butt? Or the poorly fitting skirts in the back????

9. my little pony

ven's girl would have looked better in different shoes

ko rely or whatever her name was had the worst walk since dr frankenstein crafted the bride

10. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Ven's client looks about ten years older than the before picture.

11. rfisher

Ven certainly got the worst edit this week. :yikes:

Hootchie mama!

Illusion fabric and ice skaters!

12. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

He totally deserved it.

13. my little pony

illusion fabric shout out!

some of the critiques sound meaner with the girl standing right there

14. rfisher

I'd wear Snape's dress. I wouldn't wear the other two.

15. duane

duane New Member

Wow, I totally agree with the top three!

I think there's no reason to keep Ven. The clothes didn't compliment his client, and he treated her badly. What should have been a fun experience for her was a nightmare. I SO hope they send him home!!

16. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Ven's dressed plus-sized before, as he got dressed this morning. And, yo Ven, I'd bet anything she's smaller than you. Yes, the clothes were bad and the hair was horrible, but she was very much a normal woman.

Where I would have given him credit is if he said, t's not fair to have different types of issues, as some of the girls just need a haircut/color. Or if he said the judges on PR on these challenges have a horrible habit of judging the model. For example, in the all-starts challenge, I don't think it's coincidence that the two youngest, smallest all-stars were in the top two, because it was sure as hell not the top two dresses.

17. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Ven is a prick right up to the end. :rolleyes:

18. PDilemma

That was a really dumb stunt at the end.

Ven should have been out. He behaved badly and made a terrible outfit.

I would have liked the winning dress were it just a bit shorter. I think that length can be a little aging.

19. duane

duane New Member

:mad:!!

20. rfisher

Ven dodged a big bullet and pissed everybody off. I give him another two weeks.

21. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Ven made me sick. That is all.

22. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Way to go from the top to the bottom. Idiot.

And whiny Gunner is actually very sweet and savvy about the bread and butter of the industry.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  23. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I think more savvy than sweet. :lol:

I thought all of the dresses were meh.

The only really outstanding transformation was Fabio's models's hair. Awesome haircut! But, as MLP already said, someone teach her to walk! The dress was interesting, but not great, and the belt was horrible.

Ven was an ass to the highest degree, but they won't cut him soon. He's too talented. But, what was with the batwing sleeves? Hideous! You could tell that he didn't even try.

24. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I never like a waist high belt with a drop waist dress unless it is has a bodice, then a middle cut with little loops where a loose belt fits, then the skirt dropping out of the middle cut. I am no teknik so do you know what I mean? This dress didn't look like it was meant to have a belt.

Do mens wear designers have the same snobbery toward the male model body? Somehow I doubt it, but if they do, who would want to fit Ven? Pot.Kettle.Black.

25. PDilemma

I have to say that I totally loved Heidi's first response to his use of the phrase "real woman"--"Who is not real?" Because I have long wondered why we use that word. I have often been shoved into the weird "not real" category (which some people I know consider anyone who wears a single digit size) and wondered what exactly about me is not real.

26. cruisin

^^ I agree, the dress didn't look like it was meant to have a belt. The belt looked like an afterthought. It was brown on a black and grey tone dress. It was a casual, woven belt on a dress that was more tailored. Possibly a wide black belt could have worked. But, the model was not curvy, and I think a belt just cuts her at the wrong place. The dress was also too long and voluminous, and was wearing her, rather that her wearing the dress.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  27. cruisin

If you're not real, I guess I am not either. Unfortunately, weight is still PC to criticize. People who are bigger than the "norm" (whatever that is), and people who are thinner than the "norm" are fair game.

28. PDilemma

Kors did say the belt was unnecessary. I think if that dress had been just to or just above the knee, it would have been much better.

29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I actually liked Ven's skirt.
    A simple top would have really set it off.

I didn't like his attitude toward his client.
    Worse, he kept reminding her, and everyone else, that he thought she was fat.

I had the feeling that the friend had talked her into participating.
    She seemed diffident and unenthusiastic from the start - unlike most of the other women.

An experience like that - and Ven's behavior, isn't going to make her feel better about her self-image, which should be one of the purposes of fashion; and the mission of a good designer.

I wonder how Tim felt?

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm a size 16. Ven can kiss my NOT fat arse. I wonder if they had back up contestants in case his had walked out? I would have walked on him. Her fist of doom on the runway was hysterical. She looked like she was ready to clock him.

On the bright side, his whining on the runway finally showed the judges that he's really a 'one way monkey' (tm Snape) with a total diva tude. I think they only kept him so he can be a factory grunt for next week's challenge (which I'm guessing is 'design for Heidi's NB line').

Gunnar impressed me. But, he said at the beginning of the season that his clientel is the 'older Southern woman'. Unlike our recent graduate (Ven), Gunnar has practical real world experience and realizes that that type of comment will get someone a bad rap.

Good to see old 'raised by wolves' Elena finally smiling. :lol: